Amanda Evora & Mark Ladwig News...

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by HeatherC, May 18, 2011.

1. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

I kind of love them for sharing this news in the middle of all the other US pair hoopla. :lol: :respec:

2. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

I haven't been the biggest fan of them in the past (mostly because I find them a bit dull), but I'm glad they're sticking around and I hope they become national champs next season (provided some miracle doesn't happen and the US doesn't get it's own version of V&T. Given this is the US, it ain't likely to happen. :lol:)

3. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

:cheer2: Yay! Thanks for sharing Heather!

4. maureenfarone

maureenfarone Active Member

Thanks for the great news :encore: Looking forward to seeing them in San Jose.

5. 2sk8

2sk8 Active Member

:D Isn't that the truth!

This is great news!

6. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

This Bradenton Herald article makes it officially official: http://www.bradenton.com/2011/05/18/3203523/evora-ladwig-will-return-to-their.html

7. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I have no idea about Indy but once I hear something I'll try to post it as soon as possible. I hope they come too! :D

Thanks for finding that article Sylvia! :)

8. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

BRAVO to Amanda & Mark! At least they are a US senior pair that can legitimately challenge on the World level, because of their slim, sleek lines, as well as skills.

My wish is that Amanda stops her little ritual of "glaring down at the judges" before she skates to her starting position before a program. What is that all about?

9. MysticHaze

MysticHaze Member

Thanks HeatherC!! You have made my day!!

10. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Good for them! I hope they get the national championship :)

11. greengal5874

greengal5874 New Member

:D
    Just wanted to say. "YAY!"
    :lol::biggrinbo

Their longevity and commitment to each other and the sport in wonderful, I have always liked their unusual and unique lift exits...

Plus they both seem like such great people!!

Go E/L 2011 US Champs!!!!

12. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

13. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Terrific news!!! :rollin::rollin::rollin: `

14. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Loving all the support for Amanda and Mark. What I hope they have this coming season is a renewed confidence in themselves. It seems many on here believe that they can be our champions this season and I hope they go out there and skate like the #1 team we know they are capable of being. It's not that I didn't see the confidence last season but I hope they have even more!

And here's hoping for some great programs, too!

HeatherC and (deleted member) like this.
  15. aemeraldrainc

aemeraldrainc Active Member

I've never noticed this. I guess I should pay better attention. Do you have a YouTube clip where she does this? If not, no worries. I'll have to find it myself. But TIA.

16. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Find any recent competition and she does this. It's not a nasty glare and sometimes even occasionally nods and mouths "thank you" or "hello" to individual judges. But I find it quite bizarre. This always happens soon after their names are called. Amanda & Mark skate away from the boards, then Amanda breaks away from Mark and skates up to the judges/officials, making a point of making eye contact with every one of them, as she glides past, hands on hips. This takes about 15-20 seconds. Then she rejoins Mark at center ice.

17. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I can't imagine she's glaring at them; she seems like a total sweetie. Maybe she's picturing them in their underwear, as a relaxation technique? :)

18. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Wait... so they aren't breaking up? I don't understand.

19. HisWeirness

HisWeirness FREE LYUBOV

Icenetwork:
    Evora, Ladwig commit to skate next season
    U.S. pair bucks the trend and stays together

20. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Feeling like a total sentimental fool, I got all emotional reading that icenetwork article :D. Best of luck to Amanda and Mark.

HeatherC and (deleted member) like this.
  21. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Amanda has done this during her entire skating career. It's just how she gets ready to skate and I see nothing wrong with it. I think it's just her way of letting the judges know that she's going to give everything she has in her performance and hopes they enjoy their program. She has a little saying that she always says to herself at that same time but I can't remember it off the top of my head. Whatever works for her and I say more power to her. I wouldn't be able to look the judges in the eye before I skated, LOL :lol:

22. Rhianna

Rhianna ...Her?

I'm so glad they're staying in, they are seriously two of the nicest people I've met in this sport.

23. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I love their skating and they are wonderful people. I'm so glad they are giving it at least one more year.

24. JeffClair1979

JeffClair1979 Active Member

Now I have an excuse to take a few trips from my new home in St. Petersburg to Ellenton! Only about a 25 minute drive! HeatherC, keep us posted on club shows they'll be at!!! :D