Amélie Lacoste - CTV Montreal news video profile

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

2. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Article summarizing Amélie Lacoste's pre-Worlds media teleconference yesterday: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120316&content_id=27325988&vkey=ice_news

I posted this in the 2012 Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry... Lacoste (currently #25) is now ranked #12 of the ladies on the ISU World Standings list competing at Worlds due to Korpi's injury withdrawal yesterday, so she will get to draw for a SP start order number in the last 2 groups at Worlds.

ETA: Oops, I forgot that Sarah Hecken is competing this weekend in Luxembourg! See euterpe's post #4 below.

ETA#2: Hecken won the competition so gained 250 ISU World Standings ranking points and has passed Lacoste for the #13 spot before Worlds.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  3. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies über

Interesting that they will do the triple salchow in the short. A good strategy based on her popping percentage on the lutz. I hope she goes for the triple loop triple loop - she has one of the best triple loops out there.
    Have a great worlds Amélie!

4. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

That might change depending on the outcome of the Coupe de Printemps competition in Luxembourg this weekend. Sarah Hecken (#26 on the World Standings list, right behind Lacoste) was leading the Senior Ladies event after the SP. If Sarah finishes first or second, she will move ahead of Lacoste on the World Ranking, and into the Worlds #12 slot.

5. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

Sarah HECKEN won Coupe de Printemps, giving her an extra 250 points. That moves her into the top 24 on the ISU World Ranking list, ahead of both Agnes ZAWADZKI and Amelie LACOSTE. Sarah will be #12 in rank for the Worlds SP, placing her in the final two groups. Amelie LACOSTE will be #13.