Alternatives to Netflix?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by jlai, Sep 4, 2011.

1. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

I've got Dark Shadows in my instant queue. :lol:

The streaming only price stayed the same. :shuffle: So I guess technically, they really only raised the price for one store.

2. soxxy

soxxy Guest

3. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

Damn. I was switching to Blockbuster. As in, I was going movie by movie in my Netflix queue and adding it to my Blockbuster one.

I think I might do it anyway just because Netflix has really been absolutely inept at handling this.

4. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

5. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about switching over to Blockbuster also. I like their 3 disc deal that includes blu-ray and games (which my 2 boys are drooling over).

6. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

I tried Blockbuster out. I got new releases much more quickly with them than with Netflix. I ended up staying with Blockbuster however because Netflix has a better selection of documentaries, indie films and older films than Blockbuster.

7. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Just got an email from Netflix that there would be no further changes (no Qwikster) to my Netflix account. I can continue to order DVDs as before. I was never into streaming.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  8. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Son streams everything on his Xbox, so he's happy with his Netflix stream. He's asked for the movie option for older stuff that's not in Redbox, but said 'no' to the price coming out of his allowance. :lol:

I had Amazon Prime for a month free and loved it. Enough free stuff there to keep my sci fi geeky self happy. Plus, the joy of getting individual things shipped within 2 days instead of waiting for 'spend $25 and get super saver slow mo shipping' was worth it. Planning on getting myself the Kindle Fire for Christmas, taking another free month and then extending.

Bye Quikster - you were a silly idea from a floundering company. :shuffle:

9. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

The only person sad to see it go is probably the kid who had @Quikster as his Twitter account. :lol: