Allons-y! French skating news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

That's always a question for me : do they become after or are they already before ? :p

2. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

The potential must be already there before they graduate though. :shuffle:

3. piano18

piano18 New Member

Annick Dumont just has NOT aged a bit...or has aged extremely well. The woman is superbly Radiant!

Like a fine Beaujalois.:nopryde::40beers::nopryde:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  4. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Swindlers and embezzlers won't pass the "secret défense" enquiry of 8 months prior entering that school.
    You can't pass that enquiry if you haven't paid your taxes for example.

And those staying in the ENA administrative path are not swindlers and embezzlers : they learn how to play by the law :lol: I wish I could have done it, but way too much law to get there !

5. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

You're totally beside the point. You keep talking of what's required to enter ENA and I was joking about what sometime happens AFTER people graduate ! It's common knowledge that some "Enarques" have ended up on trial for malpractice. Ever heard of Jean-Marie Messier and Vivendi ? Jean-Yves Haberer and Credit Lyonnais ? Jean-Louis Guérin and Clearstream ? ENA is still a prestigious school, but its reputation has unfortunately been quite sullied by some of its former students in the past. ENA has provided the country with very honest and intelligent men and women but also with crooks. Sure that they didn't become crooks specifically at ENA, the seed was certainly planted before, but it just shows that being an Enarque isn't a guarantee of 100% purity and incorruptibility. That's a fact and not only an opinion. And that's why I'm not that impressed by Alexandre Piton's references.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  6. Artifice

Artifice Guest

I agree, still, the ENA is impressive because of the level required to enter the school, not for the potential of being honest.

7. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

True.

8. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

cholla : I got your point. That's why I said "they learn how to play by the law". I should have said "around the law" and not by ;)

And yes, Piton's just coming out FROM the ENA meaning that prior entering there three or four years ago, he went through the inquiry process. Thus it means he was perfectly honest while at Eurosport or he wouldn't have passed the barrier.

As for Enarques being honest ... I'd rather pass :lol:
    Just look at how many enter politics to change their hearts every two weeks :lol:

9. poths

poths Well-Known Member

ANy word on James and Coia, still Kaput?

10. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

All I know is that Maximin was on holiday last week ...

Here is a small reportage about Yann Cucherat, the gymnast and mainly about his and his training center's collaboration with the ice dance center of Lyon to improve lifts and mastery of the growing acrobatic part of ice dance.

Pernelle Carron is interviewed and in the background are Lloyd Jones, Neil Brown and the italian pair Stefania Berton / Ondrej Hotarek.

11. poths

poths Well-Known Member

millyskate and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Artifice

Artifice Guest

13. millyskate

millyskate Well-Known Member

Thanks Poths! Looking nice indeed.

14. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

15. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

For the work slaves who don't have facebook access at work...what's on the video?

16. C_T_T_

C_T_T_ Well-Known Member

James and Coia doing a nice SBS 3S.

17. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

Yep, there are other videos and they look good. But that was last May when the fed organized a large pair try-out in Bercy ...

The french fed has confirmed one pair in its latest bulletin (published in the last few days) : Canac and Bonheur.
    And they are training in Indianapolis with Sergei Zaitsev.
    There are news about several skaters' summer plans but none about Coia or James.
    OTOH, Vanessa James has been elected within the federal council (along with Zoé Blanc and Surya Bonaly) at the last general assembly.

About summer plans, we already know about Joubert (Urmanov, Courchevel, Canada) and Amodio (Morozov and Méribel with his coach).
    Besseghier who should start GPs next season is in Detroit with Camerlengo.
    Méité has spent the begining of July in Spain (I don't know which summer camp was organized there) and will train at La Roche sur Yon with Candice Didier (there are rumors of coach change for her but I hope the temporary situation will stay just that (temporary), because La Roche means Bercy :scream: ). Blanc / Bouquet will spend some time with Linichuk. Péchalat / Bourzat are in Latvia in camp Zhulin. I also think they will train in France at some point like last season.

All the other top junior dancers will be in Lyon Charlemagne. The girls of Annecy (Marrocco) will stay with their coaches in Méribel and Annecy. The Champigny boys will stay in Courchevel with their coach. Silété and Ciprès will stay with their coach too. 75% of the french skaters (and a lot of italians) might actually be in the Alps this summer (as usual).

(that's actually the moment when you can see who the fed is pushing because there is no enveloppe thing. Gailhaguet invests in those he wants to push and sends them abroad during the summer, and this year, it's Joubert, Amodio, Besseghier - there is always a big imbalance between girls and boys - , one pair, Péchalat / Bourzat and this year Blanc / Bouquet (usually Lyon -and dance- is on its own) ).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
    sweetsparky and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

About the JGP, the juniors will have short camps after which the fed should decide about the selections.

They will be held in Chambéry in Savoie (chollaaaa, that's for you).
    July 24-25 for ice dance
    July 31- August 1st for figure skating

So the selections for the first or first two GPJs will probably be decided according to last season's results.

19. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

Besseghir is the guy with the great jumps, isn't he? He really lacked artistry last time I saw him but his jumps were wow. So great news that he is working with Carmelengo!!

20. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Any chance Lena might eventully try out pairs? Coia is available by the sounds of it and I always thought she had the basics for it. Also, any news on Sandra Sitbon? She had the best programs choreographed by Sandra Garde a few years ago, incuding a very cool D'Artagnan LP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMo78CWAkfw

21. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

The French Fed did a great job by obtaining 2 Senior GP for Lena. They believe in her. Marroco and Meite are the best jumping beans they have had in years. They desperatly need to get better results from their ladies. Marrocco has all the triples and displayed them in international competitions last season. Fixing pairs is a priority but getting a stronger ladies filed seems to be even more important. I can't wait to see her at NHK.

22. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

Yes, that's him.
    He lacks a bit of control but I wouldn't be surprised if he does a quintuple during training once in his life. I think he has already tried and done a 4-4 once (during a training session before a competition this last season, can't remember if it was Nats or a TDF).

What kirkbiggestfan said.
    Plus she is in Annecy. The skaters of Annecy usually stay in Annecy (for the place and for the family ambiance which is very different from any other center, dixit Valentina Marchei). Several girls of Annecy made tries in the past with Bonheur or Coia, but none of them wished to move, either to Paris or abroad.

She was injured last summer and at the begining of the season. Her club went through a major mess, involving parents, coaches, leaving skaters, 2 clubs fighting, dismissals, banging doors, ... I'm not sure but I think they went to court. Then it settled during the season.
    Plus she's in highschool, probably in première or terminale, trying to get her baccalauréat, which is the worse period for the french skaters and often leads the girls to call it quit.

Anyway, she has 0 support from the french fed. She got none after her surprising arrival 2 seasons ago. This year, she was 5th at Nats and she isn't even considered for a spot for a JGP (she has 2 more seasons ahead as a junior), even less for a GP.

That's even more of a shame with Garde's choreos. I so hope someone in Annecy will ask to work with her (that's where she begun) like Vanessa Gusmeroli did. When I see Marrocco's choreographies, I just pray for that to happen. :shuffle:

The fed has issued a communiqué about the skaters it'll review for JPG spots :

ice-dance (more independant from the head of the fed, they usually make broader choices, even if the head of the fed has the last word on the selection) :
    - PAPADAKIS Gabriella / CIZERON Guillaume - Clermont
    - BOTT Géraldine / BROWN Neil - Lyon Charlemagne
    - GASSOUMI Sofia / PASZTORY Arnaud - Lyon Baraban
    - ZAHORSKI Tiffany / MIART Alexis - Lyon Charlemagne
    - LEININGER Magali / CAUREL Maxime - Lyon Baraban
    - BARBOSA Julie / SCHEUER Brian - Viry Chatillon
    - GASSOUMI Myriam / LE MOLAIRE Clément - Lyon Baraban
    - CRAVINHHO Marine / CHANTELAUZE Mahil - Clermont
    - ROBERT- SIFAOUI Sarah / MOLLNAR Christopher - ?
    - BRANELLA Lisa / BERGER Nicolas - ?

ladies :
    - GILERON GORY Lénaëlle,
    - SILETE Yretha,
    - TALEB Bahia,
    - VENTARD Anaïs,
    - CIRILLI Laurianne
    - ZEROUROU Aline.
    all from Annecy, except Yretha.
    They seem to be targeting the 13-14 yo, 15 yo maximum.
    That reflects the year Annecy had in the junior, novice and minime categories but that casts aside girls like Sitbon (she's 17).

boys
    - PONSART Romain, Champigny
    - SOSNIAK Thomas, Compiègne
    - BERGOUGNOUX Jordan, Toulouse
    - HOCQUAUX Simon, Nancy
    - LAVOISIER Gaylord, Champigny
    - LOURENCO Quentin, Villenave
    - SIAO HIM FA Benjamin, Villenave
    - TOUR Cédric, Nice

Given the date of the Masters, none out of those will make the JGPs.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  23. mia joy

mia joy New Member

seriously? wow, I have to check out this guy. I mean, a quad-quad combination is sth beyond my imagination. Does any vid of him doing it exist?

24. musdancenow

musdancenow New Member

There are actually a few videos of Maximin and Vanessa! BEAUTIFUL lines and great jumps, I still have my fingers crossed for them. Who knows what the future could bring.

SBS Double axels:
    http://www.facebook.com/video/?of=513085973#!/video/video.php?v=433669851030&subj=513085973

SBS Triple toes:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=433672486030&subj=513085973

SBS Triple sals:
    http://www.facebook.com/video/?of=513085973#!/video/video.php?v=433673191030&subj=513085973

Stroking! (great extensions at the end):
    http://www.facebook.com/video/?of=513085973#!/video/video.php?v=433671531030&subj=513085973

25. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Wow - it's hard not to get excited about their prospects. I know landing jumps in synch like that during a program is much harder, but still - what potential!

26. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Is it just to work on technique? I don't know if I want her creating programs for them.

Cool! Now what does that mean. :lol:

27. Théo

Théo Member

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
    Poggi and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

That Zoé was elected as the representative of the skaters under 26 yo at the federal council and the rapporteur of the council toward the athletes ?
    (I mean, what else is it supposed to mean ? :p )
    That's the kind of stuff miss Blanc could do perfectly, she has a very reasonable head on her shoulders and seems involved in community stuff. (AFAIK, beside skating, she's an aide éducatrice pour les handicapés, which I think means she helps handicapped children at school to allow them to have the most normal scholarship possible. She is 22 but she definitly isn't the air head type :p )

Somewhere, probably, but the most likely person to bring one out there is Théo and he didn't, so I wouldn't count on it.

Yes, *sigh*. Does it have a better chance if I cross my toes too ? :shuffle:
    :)P)

I have no fear about that.
    Honestly, I can't imagine them choreographed by anyone else than their coach. Ever. And I think they can't either. ;)
    (plus french forum found them super musics for last season which Arribert listened to and chose *crossing fingers for this season*, so nobody has any right to choreograph for them but :cheer2: Arribert. She has a great musical taste and is the coolest choreographer ever - at least in ice-dance)

29. deepedge

deepedge New Member

Does anyone know why the two junior teams from Villards are not on the list The brother sister team and Benjamin Leze and his new partner.

30. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation. I honestly had no idea what they did once elected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.