Allons-y! French skating news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

What skating shows is Maximin signed for?
    After all, Jerome Blanchard came back after a long break from competition.
  2. taz'smum

taz'smum Active Member

I'm sorry to say, but Chloe has stopped skating!
  3. deepedge

deepedge New Member

I have found out that Benjamin Leze and his new partner have been invited and will skate at the selection. Her name is Elektra Hetman and she is an American skater . Her bio is still listed on icepartnersearch. A pretty girl and her video shows some good skating skills and presentation. She listed her coach as Sergei Ponomarenko. They will skate in the Gala in Villards on July 28. No info on wether the Flemin's have . also been invited.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  4. piano18

piano18 New Member

Good for her. All skaters and their choreographers need to head to Passion patinage for newest ideas and exceptional music choices during off season dry spells! Unfortunately Ingo Steuer discarded (or simply just did not read) my choices for Savchenko & Szolkowy. Oh well, Russian folk sounds fine I guess..
  5. vassily

vassily New Member

:( how come? I was looking forward to this.
  6. taz'smum

taz'smum Active Member

I don't know the reasons, but shortly after Marien and Chloe split, she stopped skating.
  7. poths

poths Well-Known Member

The Olympic Champs that never were! :fragile: RIP J&C's hypothetically Incredible Career. :lol: :(
  8. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

9. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Ok, this article confuses me once again... so has the uplifting rule been added or not? I mean, does it exist officially as an actual rule, cause last time I checked, it wasn't there... :confused:

says a woman who skated to Requiem herself last season :lol:

But I wouldn't agree that drama is too much drama. I think what is too much, is overused drama music, like Requiem. I'm quite curious what that Zhulin choreography will be like, although I do not have high hopes with this couple anymore. Once they switched coaches and left Zazoui, they became too cabaret or circus-like, acrobatic, making fun of themselves. And my Lord, they used to be so classy before, they had all it takes to be the next Delobel/Schoenfelder or even more!! that Flamenco OD was stunning!! I have no idea what's happened to them, but the last two seasons their style became very annoying to me.
  10. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

The uplifting rule was never passed. What did pass was exactly what was quoted in the P&B article -

music "must be cut/edited, orchestrated, or arranged in a way that it creates an interesting, colourful, entertaining dance program with different moods or a building effect" (Rule 601 Free Dance regulations).
  11. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

I'm usually all about newcomers and juniors but I make an exception with one (or a couple of) teams. ;)
  12. mia joy

mia joy New Member

oh, ok, thanks for making it clear...ish :p but I honestly have no idea how they wanna make this thing work as a rule...
  13. grandma

grandma New Member

.... seems as if Vanessa James has been training in Chemnitz till yesterday.....
  14. bek

bek Guest

I'm okay with the idea of different music moods, because I hated Mahler and comp.
  15. mia joy

mia joy New Member

yeah, but it's different music moods OR a building effect - which means, you can say Mahler does not have different moods, but it has a building effect, and still everyone is happy :p

although I wouldn't say Mahler was especially colorful or entertaining :p so perhaps this rule isn't that bad after all ;)
  16. poths

poths Well-Known Member

Trying out with.....?
  17. grandma

grandma New Member

don`t know just heard that she was there ....:huh:
    Seems that Chemnitz is becoming very interesting for foreign pair skaters;)
  18. taz'smum

taz'smum Active Member

Vanessa is trying out with a Russian and a French skater. She would prefer to skate with a French skater, as she feels to skate with a Russian for France wouldn't be right, as she is not French, although she does have French citizenship:).
  19. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

You're so right .They are definately a different couple after switching the coaches .Before the change they had very innovative programmes 4 Seasons Madness FD and yes that Flamenco OD was devine ! I love it as much as A/P 02 OD .The CDS were never really their strong part of the competition so hopefully the new SD and Zhulins choreo ' and of course being French number one's will be a good stepping stone for them .
    I much prefer them to F/S or K/K.
  20. taz'smum

taz'smum Active Member

24/28 August - ISU Junior Grand Prix – Courchevel (FRA)
    Men : Romain PONSART et Thomas SOSNIAK
    Ladies : Yrétha SILETE, Lénaëlle GILLERON-GORY et Anaïs VENTARD
    Dance: Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON, Géraldine BOTT / Neil BROWN &
    Magali LEININGER / Maxime CAUREL​
    08/12 septembre - ISU Junior Grand Prix - Brasov (ROU)
    Ladies : Anaïs VENTARD
    Men : Thomas SOSNIAK
    Dance: Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Alexis MIART​
    15/19 september - ISU Junior Grand Prix – Graz (AUT)
    Ladies : Lénaëlle GILLERON-GORY
    Dance: Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON et Sofia GASSOUMI / Arnaud PASZTORY​
    22/26 september - ISU Junior Grand Prix – Karuizawa (JPN)
    Dance: Géraldine BOTT / Neil BROWN et Myriam GASSOUMI / Clément LE MOLAIRE​
    29 september/03 october - ISU Junior Grand Prix – Sheffield (GB)
    No entries​
    06/10 october - ISU Junior Grand Prix – Dresden (ALL)
    Ladies : Yrétha SILETE
    Men : Romain PONSART
    Danse : Sofia GASSOUMI / Arnaud PASZTORY​
    13/17 october - ISU Junior Grand Prix – Ostrava (CZE)
    Ladies : Bahia TALEB
    Men : Quentin LOURENCO ou Simon HOQUAUX ou Benjamin SIAO HIM FA
    (Entry will depend on the placement and content at French masters)
    Dance : Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Alexis MIART​

Sofia and Arnaud had to change their music in June, so they have been moved from the Courchevel JGP to a later one to give them more time to be ready.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  21. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

OH what about Morgan Cipres and Emanuel Richardeau, why they were not selected? have both aged out or retired??:huh:
  22. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

They have both aged out. Cipres turned 19 in April and Richardeau will turn 20 this week.
  23. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

Article from Le Progrès de Lyon.

24. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

J´aime le musique de Jaques Brel! I am also a bit suspicious if Pernelle an Lloyd are mature enough to interpret it, but I am also more than happy if I am wrong. Long live the voids!
  25. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

From a Champs Camp miscellaneous news article link posted in the Champs Camp thread:
    immoimeme and (deleted member) like this.
  26. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

They have high hopes for C/J ' but unfortunately he still has a lot of catching up to improve to her standard IMO .Also there's also the little matter of P/B who hopefully will place higher this year being the French number one's at last !Have Lyon forgotten about P/B ?:D
  27. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

J'aime aussi. And I don't think Monsieur Lloyd can skate fast enough for the end of that song, but we'll see.
  28. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

I am sure that Olivier can teach him a thing or two to improve his technique. :)
  29. taz'smum

taz'smum Active Member

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  30. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

I guess most of us here are very much aware of that. Because I was the one that loved their choice of the music, doubted if they are mature enough to interpret this great music, and would more than love to be wrong in my doubts, I just feel I am sorry if this discussion turns negative. C/J are promising, they know surely that is s a long way to go in ice dancing. I wish them all the best.

(And Lloyd is such an eye-candy...:eek:)
  31. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

This is a fan forum, for fans to talk to other fans about skating. Skaters are wise to avoid coming here. Their families and friends should, too. Anyone who think PRlady's comment was upsetting is going to be really unhappy with things that get said here.
    PRlady and (deleted member) like this.
  32. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

No offense intended, I also think [size=-3] your son or whatever he is [/size] is quite cute, so we'll just pretend I never posted such an awful personal attack.
  33. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

They don't have to use the fastest parts, because the song is longer than the SD. Midway it is already pretty fast though, so probably the Golden Waltz would be at the beginning. I can't imagine anyone skating the Golden Waltz at that speed, however great their progress has been during the off-season. ;)
  34. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

I think Lloyd can handle that. Or he will by the end of the season.
    He has changed a lot in one season ! Remember last year, at the beginning, he looked like a rabbit caught by a car. By the end of the season, he was much more present. After a summer's work, I hope he has improved as much as during last year's season !
  35. sus2850

sus2850 Member

36. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

Amodio is now trained by Morozov.

Don't have the time to translate this video interview posted on Cergy club's website (Amodio's club).
    It says Morozov has choreographed his 2 programs.
    He's been training with him this summer, been back in France from mid-August (after Moscow's fires) to now and is to return to Moscow until the Masters.

:wall::wall::wall:
    :slinkaway:slinkaway:slinkaway
    :duh::duh::duh::duh:
    :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed
    :fragile::fragile::fragile:
  37. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Fernandez seems to have survived... (Trying to see the bright side, although I'm not very good at it.)
  38. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

It's interesting to me that they have 3(!) comps before their first GP event. I suppose it's critical in ice dance, but it makes for a long season.
  39. coop

coop New Member

Did he say it's a "coach change from Bernard Glesser" or just an intern base?

:duh::duh::duh:
  40. IRIS1975

IRIS1975 New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.