Allons-y! French skating news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Ok then. One would be the snake. The other one would be dressed as Cleopatra and she would be holding the basket with the figs. (Are props allowed now?) Oh, wait, is she still supposed to skate? I would be worried about the figs in the lifts. If you drop even one fig on the ice, they may want to deduct something ... :(

2. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

But Cleopatra could say, when she dropped it, that she didn't give a fig. :lol:

3. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

By the time people are able to figure out what there is in tha basket, the free dance will be over. -3.

4. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Unless you are prepared for the less intelligent audience. One side of the basket will have a huge sign with picture of figs and under that written the word FIGS. Then you can have the basket empty and don't have to worry about loosing any figs. :p

I am just wondering what happens if the program is uplifting and depressing at the same time. So we have Cleopatra who is dying (dramatic, depressing) and snake who dances with her is celebrating (uplifting). What does it say about the overall impact of this free dance? Audience suffering from split personality?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

This is going to be painful to watch. :p

6. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I thought there was a rug involved in the story of Cleopatra and the snake.

7. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

Is there a deduction for lack of historical realism as well? :eek:

8. Mevrouw

Mevrouw living every minute

Cleapatra was reportedly delivered to Julius Caesar rolled up in a rug. They got together LONG before she and Marc Anthony did. And she only hooked up with Anthony after Caesar was deadm, and that was to try to promote Caesar's son Caesarion as the next Pharoah of Egypt.

9. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

She will be the basket of figs. He will be the snake. Johnny Weir will be Cleopatra. This will require close holds throughout. Isn't that what we were hoping for?

10. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

Asli, I can see you've decided to negate the originality of my wonderful new concept :drama:. So I'm going in a corner to sulk now. Then, I'll soon be back with another *cough* brilliant *cough* idea. Like, for instance, something involving Carmen. And the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Leaflets with the storyboard will be distributed to the audience before the performance. A special (green) edition will be printed for the judges :)bribe:) Ha !

:lol:

11. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Better still, can't she be dressed as a fig?

12. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

I see another problem with your concept cholla : the costumes. Because wearing only serpent skin will make people run away : no judges, no marks, no medals.
    Interesting concept indeed : you win your first trip to a Zoo instead of a medal :lol:

13. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

Those who identify with Cleopatra will find it depressing while those who identify with the snake will find it uplifting.

So the result depends on the composition of the particular judging panel. :shuffle:

14. MarieM

But if there is a confusion, I think you have to loose 3 pts. That's the rule :p

15. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Maybe the male should skate as Cleopatra, just so the judges lean towards being on the snakes side. Can't you see Charlie dressed as Cleopatra, with a black bob wig on?

16. MarieM

The concept is ... funny, but it would create confusionso it means a -3 !! :p

17. Daena

Daena New Member

Any news about Vanessa?

18. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

That's very likely outcome. We don't want to risk that. So we will choose better music. Any suggestion for uplifting spin to double suicide of Romeo and Juliet?

19. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Use Prokofiev's original, happy ending.

20. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

An epilogue showing how the Montagues and Capulets learned from the tragedy and lived in peace and harmony, happily ever after?

21. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

You could add in joint household! :rofl:

22. sweetsparky

sweetsparky Plaid (headband) for success

:lol: Amazing

And so true :cool:. A snake story: from Cleopatra┬┤s breasts to Lysacke┬┤s shoulders :smokin: How uplifting is that ?

:p

23. SwingDancer

SwingDancer Active Member

Enough with the cleopatra and out of control dance concepts :wall:

Are there any substaniated and confirmed updates on Brian Joubert and who his new coach is?

24. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Oooo, synchronized skating!

25. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

This isn't "french news" strictly speaking, but since I translated this for one of you FSU members, then for the authors, I can as well post a link here : Pechalat/Bourzat have posted an interesting article on their FB Sports Team fan page : "Seminar Athlete and Artist". Scroll down for the English version.

26. MarieM

27. shah

shah Shhh...

:scream:
    I expect 3 splats per programme :p...

28. Artifice

Artifice Guest

Maybe we can hope that with Bonheur's powerfull throws Adeline will be more secure to land her throw jumps. As for solo jumps... :slinkaway:

29. Andrey aka Pushkin

Andrey aka Pushkin Brezina's Nemesis

Why?
    I'd like to see it for the entertainment value :rofl:

30. Andrey aka Pushkin

Andrey aka Pushkin Brezina's Nemesis

Ah, not a problem - most of the judges are snakes, but very few are Cleopatras.

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.