Allons-y! French skating news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

The Camerlengo- Krylova team has failed me twice this season already ; I find the Rolling Stones FS for P&B to be meh, and I absolutely DETEST W&P's FD with the fire of a thousand suns. So much for an antidote to Zueva :blah:

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Does Krylova even make their programs? I thought they had others to do that and Krylova was their technical coach?

I´m a big fan of the Rolling Stones and P&B (and of the songs they picked) but it just doesn't work as a competitive program for me. It all seems a bit flat and I don't know if that's because it's early in the season, I just don't know what more you can do with that music except skate through it. Disappointing FD for me and not what I thought they needed to build on the momentum they gained from last season :(

3. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I love W&P's FD but I've always found Krylova/Camerlengo to be very hit and miss with the programs they put out. I think people overlooked all the misses because they were looking for an antidote to Zueva ;)

4. rhumba

rhumba New Member

P/B was better off with previous coach, IMO. The program is subpar and like exhibition program, very messy. I prefer W/P's FD, if I have to choose between these two Kylova/Camerlengo's teams. It's going to be interesting to see how his teams do at GP.

5. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

That thought has crossed my mind a few times...

6. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Yeah, I had been hoping V&M or I&K would go to Krylova and now I'm glad they didn't. I didn't care for W&P's but at least it looks like a program with some thought put into it. P&B's is just really messy and random. I expect a lot more from reigning World medalists. Zhulin's and Zazoui's work with P&B was far superior.

7. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

You'd have to ask him ;) The reason seems to be he has simply decided to quit skating. Actually, he has just disappeared and failed to give any particular explanation to his partner and his coaches.

Papadakis/Cizeron are juniors and I assume it's way too late in the season to make them work on senior programs now, especially from scratch. But I agree that not using the 3rd spot, well, actually, having no one to use it is a waste.

8. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

9. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Ehh, I never found the work Zhulin did for them that interesting either. This isn't that great, but it is pretty people skating with the Rolling Stones in the background. Bit of a mess here but I'm curious where they go with it.

10. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I agree about the new FD being disappointing; I expected better when they announced it. There doesn't seem to be any artistic concept here (very unlike them), more like you said - two good-looking people skating to the Rolling Stones.

While I still enjoy watching P/B, I think they've improved technically but have gradually become less interesting artistically pretty much since they left Lyon. I'd love to see what they could do with some of their old programs at their current level.

Why would you not inform anyone that you're quitting :confused:. Is it that hard to at least send a text message or something? I do wish her the best of luck in finding a new partner.

Wouldn't that only be a new SD from scratch? The FD would just need some reworking. It might be a good opportunity for them.

11. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I agree that they were better under Zhulin - their twizzles have gotten worse since leaving him as well.
    But he wasn't allowed by the Russian federation to coach them anymore.

12. skatak

skatak Well-Known Member

well, all I can say is this week end their twizzles appeared textbook to me...

13. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

They weren't completely in unison from the video that I saw of them

14. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Did you really expect a 'Rolling Stones' medley program to have some deep idea and/or storyline? I didn't. It's not like there is no any meaning in their songs, but a medley - that's another thing. But it's quite obvious that this is simply Pechalat/Bourzat's tribute to the 'Rolling Stones' - they are celebrating their 50th "birthday" this year, after all :).

As for me, I too was a bit disappointed after the first watch. You know - expectations too high (like almost always), and the end part really was quite messy (although I don't think it's the fault of choreo, rather that the execution was not so good). But then I watched again, and now I like it - yes, there could be more choreo, but what there is is just fine, and I think when it's more polished they will really sell it. One thing - they could have chosen a more energetic and "oomph!" song for the end part, so that it would build more.

15. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I wasn't expecting something super-voidy, but I did hope for better than what they presented. I'll allow that the early season sloppiness was not helpful.

I think it's time for a new French thread, but I'm no good with clever titles - so I'll leave it to someone else ;)

16. weir1

weir1 New Member

I have watched the program again and again…
    Technically, they have so much to offer, the step sequences are very well put and presented, the lifts and twizzles are brand new and refreshing, that can get the levels up…
    The TES can go as high as it has ever been…
    The chemistry is not quite there yet, but they believe in that program and they will make it work…
    Some of the parts and pictures that I saw from the SD are beautiful….
    So hopefully, they will have an amazing season, they deserve it…

17. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

18. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.