Allons-y! French skating news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandma

grandma Active Member

Why can`t you recommend Vanessa going there ? After all the wall:wall: was torn down in 1989:cold:

2. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, seminar is not the right word. Basically, it was a try-out day for younger skaters and 2 "all-star pairs".

3. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:lol:.grandma..I thought that might sound a bit ambiguous.. (the wall ..Ingo..the Stasi.. ):rolleyes:

But no , I just meant I'd prefer to see Vanessa and Maximin ( if they become partners ) with a different style / presentation etc. than what Ingo has shown to date..There's no doubt that he's great for the pairs elements, but other than that, I have my doubts. Much as I love S/S as a pair I often feel I'd like to see them with some outside choreography ( maybe with a bit more attention to how the elements fit together ) and more professional costumes. Sometimes even the music cuts for his pairs have been , well , less than smooth. There's a certain lack of sophistication ( or something) that bothers me.

So, being very admiring of Vanessa, I'd love to see her train with someone who is not only good on the technical end of things , but masterful at putting everything together...whoever that might be..(..RG...RG.. ) ;)

It's not , don't go there ( location) ; it's, don't go there ( down that road).

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  4. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

Is there a thread about Sergejeva/Glebov splitting up? I knew that they stopped because of her height but I never saw the announcement that he has a new partner.

What about her? I loved her divaness! Hopefully she can go on as well!

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  5. LynnW

LynnW Politiking for Purple

There was a thread about the new partnership. New pair: Popowa/Glebov

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73332&highlight=Glebov

Hedwig and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Sergejeva/Glebov's split was first mentioned in the "Pair/Dance post national breakups" thread back in April when Maria listed herself on icepartnersearch.com (post #159 and following): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70704&page=8

7. jlai

jlai Title-less

8. calica

calica Active Member

9. grandma

grandma Active Member

I get what you want to say, the reason is that Steuer is a person who probably wants to control everything himself.This is a problem many european coaches have ,which is uncommon in Canada and the States where coaches tend to work in teams with one team leader. :rolleyes:

10. Libertango

Libertango New Member

sweetsparky and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Stephanie

Stephanie Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed

Why why why? His programs this past year were so wonderful and original!

12. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

I am devastated. :(

Last year he worked with Stannick Yeanette.

sweetsparky and (deleted member) like this.
  13. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

I don't like Morozov, but I didn't like Florent's programs this season (I hated the music cuts of his LP). So, I'm waiting to see what will be his next programs !

14. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

He worked with Jeannette for his SP.
    His FS was done by Tyler Miles and Alexander Zhulin (IIRC, Gailhaguet pushed him to work with them).

Anyway Morozov :scream:

15. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

Wait for me, I'll run with you :scream::scream::scream:

16. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:(:eek: Oh, help...I thought both Amodio's and Fernandez' FS programs were really immature and not anywhere near deserving of the quality of the skaters, so i really doubt this will result in any improvement for Amodio...what a shame...what a waste..

The reservations I voiced above re: Steuer for James/ Coia are mild compared to how I feel about Morozov..all the same reservations , but in spades !

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Ingo Steuer has produced some of the most ambitious pairs choreography ever (ie. Savchenko/Szolkowy's "Schindler's List" FS).

He has been very creative in his work in general and some of his ideas have eventually been picked up by other choreographers.

So learn to appreciate him or I'll smack your ass. :p

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  18. poths

poths Well-Known Member

:fragile: :fragile: :fragile: Morozov is utter shite.

Florent would be :kickass: with Salome Brunner (I seem to be saying this quite often).

19. sweetsparky

sweetsparky Pasodoble is coming

:fragile: Another, and so promising, skater to free :mitchell:

To be fair his LP cuts were kind of strange, but I liked its originality and he really skated it well. It seems to me that he has a great talent for interpreting music.

Anyway, I guess you´re right, we must be positive and wait for the next programs. It´s just that he´s so talented that I´d dislike to see him with standard choreo and overused music.

Keep saying it, so maybe it will one day become true :)

cholla and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Brunner schmunner. We need more Kenji Miyamoto goodness!!!

21. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Like "Requiem for a dream" ? :scream:

22. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Replaced the display under my name

(deleted - tried to fix but it timed out and disappeared then suddenly was there again - sigh)

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  23. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Replaced the display under my name

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

24. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

At the Olympics Amodio looked slow compared to many of the upcoming men. Perhaps the strategy is to give him empty programs with emoting and some arm waving, so that he appears faster, while keeping some dancing in place when he's about to start the SL FW.

25. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Miyamoto's work was a revelation to me this year:respec::respec: I can't wait to see more.

;) As to Ingo..I do give credit where credit is due. He's come up with some wonderful lifts, innovative ( but not always beautiful ) entrances and exits for elements , but he still exhibits the weaknesses I mentioned...And as a costume designer , Aliona makes a great skater. :rolleyes:

The success S/S have achieved is generally a result of their consistency as athletes and their wonderful pairs elements ( which is a credit to their coach ); but it's in spite those weaknesses , not because of them.

26. sweetsparky

Can you believe that I really liked this music first time I heard it, but last season it was like epidemic, and barely anyone used the original composition, If I remember well.

Anyway I´m waiting someone will come with the ultimate remix: Requiem for a dream + Adagio :EVILLE:

27. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

If this really happens one day, you'll be held responsible and punished ! :scream::lol:

28. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Performed by Edvin Marton

29. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

TAHbKA, you should be punished just for you've had such an atrocious thought. The punishment is only going to be worse for you dared posting it ! :EVILLE:

30. sweetsparky

And I thought I had a cruel and twisted mind :lol:

But Plushenko has retired, hasn´t he? Who would even consider something like that :yikes: :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.