Allons-y! French skating news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Why do I get the feeling P/B could vomit on the ice and Ziggy would go "at least it isn't boring!!!"

2. casken

casken Well-Known Member

The way the different pieces of music are put together reminds me of Denkova and Staviski's 2003 FD.

I don't love it, I don't hate it. I think the music in the second half works a bit better. Eh.

3. allezfred

allezfred Mince Pie Depriving Admin Staff Member

Maybe they'll call it "Tribute to Tahrir Square". :D

4. zotza

zotza allergic to brainless skaters

I don't love it but I don't hate it either,which is good.

But since when variety in ice dancing is forbidden?Some of us find a zillion big band programs skated with the same white shirt and black pants the 1990 too.Moniotte/Lavanchy,Bourne/Kraatz anyone?I consider all that equally a joke,as other consider mummies,etc.
    What always makes me wonder though is why all of these teams use balletic,avant garde,dramatic etc when they need to win the Olympics.If it's so bad,why do it...

5. Artifice

Artifice Guest

I think there are no bad themes, as long as the choreography is good, brings something interesting or new / difficult, it's fine for me.
    TFB is a music that will please some and bother others, it's a matter of personal taste. But the important is the program and how it is skated. I haven't seen yet P&B's program, but they have the right to interpret these music.

6. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Quite right.
    I love this music and my favourite programme is G/P 97 FD They did a fabulous programme loads of choreo and they were fast .
    Compare to G/G and well zzz you know :rolleyes:
    N/K FD to it was also pretty good.
    I'm glad they're not using it all the way through though in that way it won't be compared to these teams.
    Loved the lift where she is stood upright :kickass:

7. Evilynn

Evilynn ((Swedish skating dudes))

Didn't P&B use an Egyptian choreographer for this? If so, why on earth is it filled with Walk Like An Egyptian moves that you never, ever see in oriental dancing or Egyptian folkloric dances (or shaabi for that matter). I realize oriental dance would be hard to translate to the ice, but when they're standing around posing surely they could do some actual oriental dance moves instead of WLAE-arms? :confused:

I hope it'll grow on me, as I usually love their programs, but... :slinkaway

8. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Thanks. It doesn't look bad - I have only watched it without sound/music for now, though. Still, although I understand that they have their style, I would have liked to see something more serious from them for a change. I think they are fully capable of it, as we saw it in their 2010 FD (the one that they skated at Europeans and Olympics, not their old, very much in their usual style program that they used at Worlds).

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think we saw this from them at exibitions with different music. And even first part including first lifr were the same. They didnt show nothing new, ony 1 new lift. Dont know what to think about this. I thought they really will show something unreall for home WCh. Did Camerlengo work with choreo of this FD?

10. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

The arm movements - even if it is Walk Like an egytian- are very well done! They look great.

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

From old exibition
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JiH5nDSZvo&feature=related

Look like even if P-B will skate there Circus FD next 10 years they always will look fresh for FSU :D

12. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

They've done plenty of serious programs in their career - I think they went in a lighter direction after the 2008 season. Their Craziness FD was really good, but IIRC, apparently they felt (or were told?) that some people found it too dark. If they're now going in a lighter direction, it's because that's what they're being rewarded for. They have more range than Circus and Chaplin, for sure.

13. crystalice

crystalice Banned Member

Canton is bad.

P/B is bad.

What is good? :blah:

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think all they are good. Natalie and Fabian were very strong under Zhulin eben with skating Circus during past 3 years, but why they need to take this old ex for new FD in France?
    They could much better, but look like there new coaches didnt try to find even new music for them. Sad :(
    But i hope they will win ECh again and at leat will win medal at WCh.

15. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Huh? They skated to Circus for one season + 2010 Worlds. Chaplin may have been thematically similar, but they are by no means the same program.

As for this year's concept, yes they did Mummies as an EX in the past. They're not the first skaters to take a concept and translate it from gala to competitive program, so I fail to see how this is an issue. I haven't watched the full FD, so I can't say what's been recycled and what's original. But don't forget that with a shorter off-season and a major coaching change, there may have been a limit to how many new elements they could come up with and train.

16. Eris

Eris New Member

Skating Circus at Worlds doesn't mean they skated it all the 09-10 season. ;)

And even this dance is not fresh for them, it will be rather refreshing to watch it among upbeat dances and love stories, imo.:shuffle:

This time Fabian is not a mummy like Nathalie, he is a Pharaon.:cool:

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Refreshing mean to bring something new in this FD. Hope they will made this, becausee i didnt see any "refresh" at this video.

And i am imaging what people start talking if Canton skaters will skate in FDs there old exibitions or old ODs.
    But i wish all the best to P-B and maybe wish they will be higher at WCh then D-W and Shibs. Thats why i feel so sad to see this FD and maybe this will never happened :(

18. Eris

Eris New Member

If they skate in FDs their old ODs it will be good (I'd LOVE D/W recycle Indian dance into FD), but please not EX! All of them are boooring to death.

19. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

pani, back in the trash can ;)

20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

OK ;) But if i will say - P-B show the best FD they ever had and i never saw nothing like this, there skating is superb. O, and yes - i never saw worst programs and skating, then Canton skaters show - will you let me stay at GSD? :lol:

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  21. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

No. Just go back and find those three stops and time them and let this be about French skaters ;)

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Sorry, but i wish to talk about Joubert "new" LP and Amodio "sexy tiger" :)

23. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Because somebody vomitting on the ice would be more interesting than 90% of ice dance programs, including all that Zoueva has ever choreographed. :p

People in having different opinions shocker. ;)

24. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Fabian said that Krylova worked a lot on the steps and transitions and it shows. The LP is very well built. It looks like they will change one of the lifts and make minor adjustments.

25. Libertango

Libertango New Member

Like if V&M took last year's FD for their SD? Oh wait they did! And nobody's complaining about it AFAIK! Maybe you need to stop imagining things ;)

26. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

That is one thing that I noticed.

That program was jam packed, something was going on all the time.

I hope the second lift will be changed. It neither looks, nor was it performed very well.

27. Eris

Eris New Member

I do not like the 1st one. It looks hard for them especialy with Fabian in spread eagle position.

28. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

That is their signature lift. I am glad it is back because it is incredibly spectacular. Neck on neck. Dancers usually copy each other`s lift, but I have not seen anyone else try to copy that one. They are probably to scared for their lives.

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  30. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I believe that Denkova/Staviski and Brian Joubert will be skating at an event in Nice on 26 October .
    I really miss D/S so it will be great to see them skate again .
    Anyone have any more info ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.