Allons-y! French skating news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

I'm :lol: because MarieM posted on the skatefans list that the split isn't official but yet Vanessa posted yesterday it was official on May 1! :shuffle:
  2. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

It's not official hence there has been no press release from the FFSG yet ;)
  3. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:rolleyes::confused: It's one thing to try to read between the lines of interviews , or speculate as to someone's reported motivations or actions .. but it's quite another to respond directly to a skater who has given us her first-hand input by thanking her for responding out of one side of one's mouth while practically accusing her of twisting the truth out of the other.

Skaters are probably warned that it's a thankless task to respond to forums..no wonder they're not tempted too often...:wall:
    poths and (deleted member) like this.
  4. calica

calica New Member

And wherefore the skaters would like to enter here?
    Obviously we know more than they... it is not important that we talk about their lives, or their careers.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  5. Libertango

Libertango New Member

I just came across an article today about the possible debut of the french version of Dancing with the stars. About 3 channels are interested and one of them even asked Brian and a rugby player to take part.

Honestly, I can't really imagine Brian dancing ballroom :rofl:
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Brian would not be able to take part, if he wished to remain eligible (which he seems to do).
  7. mella

mella is lutz crazy!!!

Even in Dancing with the Stars (rather than skating?) I guess it would be pretty hard for him (any competitive skater) to find the time to dedicate to something like this whilst still trying to train for the forthcoming season.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Ahhh sorry! I read it as Dancing on Ice. :eek:

Of course he could. But that wouldn't be a great idea, for the reasons you have mentioned.
  9. musdancenow

musdancenow New Member

Thank you Vanessa for your post. It seems honest to me, and I believe your post was sincere. Best of luck with Maxim or your future tryouts!! I hope you find a partner as talented as you are.
  10. musdancenow

musdancenow New Member

I agree with Pratfall. :wall:
  11. Libertango

Libertango New Member

Well it's still a project and will probably take place only next year. And there are only 6 shows planned unlike the US version who is longer I believe.
  12. Tony Wheeler

Tony Wheeler Well-Known Member

As reported in the very beginning, don't be surprised if this team ends up in Ingo Steuer's camp sometime soon. From what I hear (and Vanessa can feel free to come in and confirm or deny), Steuer has been wanting to work with James but not with Yannick Bonheur. Whether that had to do with an attitude issue or Steuer's views on his skating potential/ability, I don't know.
  13. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Steuer was in Paris that day. Of course, it was a seminar/try-out day, so you would want someone like him there. Steuer should be thrilled to have Vanessa/Maximin, since he lost his Ukrainian Pair.
  14. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

I meant official in the sense that it was official as far as the two parties involved were concerned. :rolleyes: :p
  15. Tony Wheeler

He also gained Ilia Glebov and his new Russian partner (I don't know her name). I'm sure that's been reported prior but I'm too lazy to go look.
  16. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:)Gee.. if you say so.. I won't be surprised. I might not be entirely thrilled though.

There's no denying Ingo's abilities as a coach..but...but..:( His choreography can be great one moment and decidedly less than great the next. And there's a definite tendency to tastelessness in the costume dept.

I can't imagine there's a coach out there who wouldn't want to work with Vanessa...I've already cast my vote for Richard Gauthier..:)rolleyes:I know I don't get a vote)..still, I'll continue to send thought waves.:lol:
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Darja Popowa/Ilja Glebov

ETA: Darja, not Daja - spelling error. :eek:
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  18. Tony Wheeler

Thanks.
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  19. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:eek:/\ ..Vanessa..don't go there....
  20. grandma

grandma New Member

Does anyone know what kind of seminar was held in Bercy....
  21. grandma

grandma New Member

Why can`t you recommend Vanessa going there ? After all the wall:wall: was torn down in 1989:cold:
  22. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, seminar is not the right word. Basically, it was a try-out day for younger skaters and 2 "all-star pairs".
  23. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:lol:.grandma..I thought that might sound a bit ambiguous.. (the wall ..Ingo..the Stasi.. ):rolleyes:

But no , I just meant I'd prefer to see Vanessa and Maximin ( if they become partners ) with a different style / presentation etc. than what Ingo has shown to date..There's no doubt that he's great for the pairs elements, but other than that, I have my doubts. Much as I love S/S as a pair I often feel I'd like to see them with some outside choreography ( maybe with a bit more attention to how the elements fit together ) and more professional costumes. Sometimes even the music cuts for his pairs have been , well , less than smooth. There's a certain lack of sophistication ( or something) that bothers me.

So, being very admiring of Vanessa, I'd love to see her train with someone who is not only good on the technical end of things , but masterful at putting everything together...whoever that might be..(..RG...RG.. ) ;)

It's not , don't go there ( location) ; it's, don't go there ( down that road).
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
  24. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

Is there a thread about Sergejeva/Glebov splitting up? I knew that they stopped because of her height but I never saw the announcement that he has a new partner.

What about her? I loved her divaness! Hopefully she can go on as well!
    LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  25. LynnW

LynnW Politiking for Purple

There was a thread about the new partnership. New pair: Popowa/Glebov

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73332&highlight=Glebov
    Hedwig and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

Sergejeva/Glebov's split was first mentioned in the "Pair/Dance post national breakups" thread back in April when Maria listed herself on icepartnersearch.com (post #159 and following): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70704&page=8
  27. jlai

jlai Title-less

28. calica

calica New Member

29. grandma

grandma New Member

I get what you want to say, the reason is that Steuer is a person who probably wants to control everything himself.This is a problem many european coaches have ,which is uncommon in Canada and the States where coaches tend to work in teams with one team leader. :rolleyes:
  30. Libertango

Libertango New Member

sweetsparky and (deleted member) like this.
  31. Stephanie

Stephanie Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed

Why why why? His programs this past year were so wonderful and original!
  32. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

I am devastated. :(

Last year he worked with Stannick Yeanette.
    sweetsparky and (deleted member) like this.
  33. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

I don't like Morozov, but I didn't like Florent's programs this season (I hated the music cuts of his LP). So, I'm waiting to see what will be his next programs !
  34. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

He worked with Jeannette for his SP.
    His FS was done by Tyler Miles and Alexander Zhulin (IIRC, Gailhaguet pushed him to work with them).

Anyway Morozov :scream:
  35. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

Wait for me, I'll run with you :scream::scream::scream:
  36. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:(:eek: Oh, help...I thought both Amodio's and Fernandez' FS programs were really immature and not anywhere near deserving of the quality of the skaters, so i really doubt this will result in any improvement for Amodio...what a shame...what a waste..

The reservations I voiced above re: Steuer for James/ Coia are mild compared to how I feel about Morozov..all the same reservations , but in spades !
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  37. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Ingo Steuer has produced some of the most ambitious pairs choreography ever (ie. Savchenko/Szolkowy's "Schindler's List" FS).

He has been very creative in his work in general and some of his ideas have eventually been picked up by other choreographers.

So learn to appreciate him or I'll smack your ass. :p
    Last edited: May 22, 2010
  38. poths

poths Well-Known Member

:fragile: :fragile: :fragile: Morozov is utter shite.

Florent would be :kickass: with Salome Brunner (I seem to be saying this quite often).
  39. sweetsparky

sweetsparky Well-Known Member

:fragile: Another, and so promising, skater to free :mitchell:

To be fair his LP cuts were kind of strange, but I liked its originality and he really skated it well. It seems to me that he has a great talent for interpreting music.

Anyway, I guess you´re right, we must be positive and wait for the next programs. It´s just that he´s so talented that I´d dislike to see him with standard choreo and overused music.

Keep saying it, so maybe it will one day become true :)
    cholla and (deleted member) like this.
  40. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Brunner schmunner. We need more Kenji Miyamoto goodness!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.