Allons-y! French skating news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

OH what about Morgan Cipres and Emanuel Richardeau, why they were not selected? have both aged out or retired??:huh:

2. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

They have both aged out. Cipres turned 19 in April and Richardeau will turn 20 this week.

3. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

Article from Le Progrès de Lyon.

4. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

J´aime le musique de Jaques Brel! I am also a bit suspicious if Pernelle an Lloyd are mature enough to interpret it, but I am also more than happy if I am wrong. Long live the voids!

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

From a Champs Camp miscellaneous news article link posted in the Champs Camp thread:

immoimeme and (deleted member) like this.
  6. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

They have high hopes for C/J ' but unfortunately he still has a lot of catching up to improve to her standard IMO .Also there's also the little matter of P/B who hopefully will place higher this year being the French number one's at last !Have Lyon forgotten about P/B ?:D

7. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

J'aime aussi. And I don't think Monsieur Lloyd can skate fast enough for the end of that song, but we'll see.

8. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

I am sure that Olivier can teach him a thing or two to improve his technique. :)

9. taz'smum

taz'smum Active Member

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  10. Finnice

I guess most of us here are very much aware of that. Because I was the one that loved their choice of the music, doubted if they are mature enough to interpret this great music, and would more than love to be wrong in my doubts, I just feel I am sorry if this discussion turns negative. C/J are promising, they know surely that is s a long way to go in ice dancing. I wish them all the best.

(And Lloyd is such an eye-candy...:eek:)

11. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

This is a fan forum, for fans to talk to other fans about skating. Skaters are wise to avoid coming here. Their families and friends should, too. Anyone who think PRlady's comment was upsetting is going to be really unhappy with things that get said here.

PRlady and (deleted member) like this.
  12. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

No offense intended, I also think [size=-3] your son or whatever he is [/size] is quite cute, so we'll just pretend I never posted such an awful personal attack.

13. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

They don't have to use the fastest parts, because the song is longer than the SD. Midway it is already pretty fast though, so probably the Golden Waltz would be at the beginning. I can't imagine anyone skating the Golden Waltz at that speed, however great their progress has been during the off-season. ;)

14. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

I think Lloyd can handle that. Or he will by the end of the season.
    He has changed a lot in one season ! Remember last year, at the beginning, he looked like a rabbit caught by a car. By the end of the season, he was much more present. After a summer's work, I hope he has improved as much as during last year's season !

15. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

16. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

Amodio is now trained by Morozov.

Don't have the time to translate this video interview posted on Cergy club's website (Amodio's club).
    It says Morozov has choreographed his 2 programs.
    He's been training with him this summer, been back in France from mid-August (after Moscow's fires) to now and is to return to Moscow until the Masters.

:wall::wall::wall:
    :slinkaway:slinkaway:slinkaway
    :duh::duh::duh::duh:
    :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed
    :fragile::fragile::fragile:

17. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Fernandez seems to have survived... (Trying to see the bright side, although I'm not very good at it.)

18. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

It's interesting to me that they have 3(!) comps before their first GP event. I suppose it's critical in ice dance, but it makes for a long season.

19. coop

coop New Member

Did he say it's a "coach change from Bernard Glesser" or just an intern base?

:duh::duh::duh:

20. IRIS1975

IRIS1975 New Member

21. Finnice

Let´s see if they come to Finlandia Trophy. They are most welcome!:encore:

22. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:( I was so afraid Amodio would go to Morozov.I know Fernandez has survived, but for me survived is the operational word . I don't believe we'll see the best these two talented guys are capable of until they wise up and get away from him..:( More trite programs coming up.

23. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Toes. You gotta keep 'em separated.

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  24. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

I am so confused about Vanessa James. :confused: First she was skating with Coia, then people were saying she wasn't. Now she is again? And they are doing TEB after all?

I am pleased if they are as she is extremely talented (and a very nice person.)

25. Tony Wheeler

Tony Wheeler Well-Known Member

As far as I know, they just have yet to update the roster with another French team (or give up the spot to another country). It's my understanding that James and Coia only really skated together for a week or two, so I don't understand Gailhaguet's assigning them without having even created programs or anything!

26. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

Thanks Tony. That's what I had thought too, but then I kept reading recent posts that imply they are skating together and doing TEB.

27. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

28. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

It looks like Morgan Cipres could be Vanessa James new partner. They had positive try-outs recently.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIgIhIElIYI
    He is a solid jumper but did not have a consistent triple axel, so it makes sense to see him switch to pairs. It looks like he is now 6'1" and has a strong upper-body. He is 19, while Vanessa is 23yo.

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  29. MysticHaze

MysticHaze Member

Thanks for the update on Vanessa James! I was wondering if she would ever find another partner. I hope that everything works out for her and this partnership works out.

30. grandma

grandma Active Member

Hope she goes to Steuer with her new partner..:hat1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.