Allons-y! French skating news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libertango

Libertango New Member

What about Chloé Ibanez & Marien de la Asuncion :( ? Are they even still together?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is great to hear.

He has a consistent 4toe and if he can raised his PCS too, he will become quite a force. :)

Thanks a lot for the YouTube videos Théo.

I watched them and whilst his jumping is amazing, I would honestly give him around 1.50 on some of the PCS.

Terrible posture, no relation to the music whatsoever, he just strokes through the program without the slightest attention to detail.

His jumps are already amazing. He should totally focus on ballet/dance training, maybe work with Ice Dance coaches for a bit. And definitely work a lot on his programs. Hopefully he can see Camerlengo again during the season.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  3. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I guess that was personal bias in favor of pairs coming thorugh. She should do well in singles and eventually be in the top 10 at least at Europeans, but with the right partner she could have be even more successful in pairs. I never understood treating pairs as a 'refurbishing' factory for former singles skaters, but I got the impression I'm the minority. Or at least on the other side of the fence from the French Fed.

It would be nice if more skaters went to her. Some of the juniors could definitely use some choreographic direction -of any sort!- in their programs. She seems to do well with off-beat programs, so maybe even someone like Alban could go to her. Then again, Muriel Zazoui is not exactly a bad choice, either :p.

4. letsskate

letsskate New Member

These videos do look good, but they all seem to be added a month ago, so are they still skating together?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Nobody knows that.

And could Didier G. please send Marocco to some decent choreographer because she's been terribly bland so far.

6. Nmsis

Nmsis Well-Known Member

Marien is 21. He's no longer eligible in junior.

I don't exactly know but last year, the selections were defined by the age of the dancers. The Flémin were still skating as novices on season 2008-2009. (that's why Neil Brown was pushed aside at first, before Lyon complained)
    This year in dance, the fed has selected jr 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (5 and 7 aged out, 8 Royer/Lézé split), then they jumped to jr 12 and a jr couple who didn't compete last season. And they have add novice 1, 3 and 5 (5 would have been 1st to 3rd if they hadn't messed up their FD big time to end 14th of that segment)

(for the boys they have taken jr 1 to 7 minus Ciprès who is aging out, plus novices 1 and 2, and for the girls, they have taken jr 2 Silété -Marrocco and Méité were 1 and 3- and novices 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  7. taz'smum

taz'smum Active Member

Marien is skating with Clara Berger at Charlemagne in Seniors.

Neil was seen (subjectively) by the Fed as having changed partners too often, it was for that reason that he was penalised by not initially being given a JGP.

The reason the Jr 12 couple were selected over others, was because to come 12th after only having skated together for 8 weeks was no mean achievement. Nicolas has found a really strong partner in the American Liza Branelli, and they were looking very good indeed at the May Fed Stage in Paris.
    (All the junior couples were invited to attend the May stage to have their programs validated in the light of all the rule changes this season, it could well have been used by the Fed as an opportunity to pre-select for selections, as there were couples at the May stage who aren't on the list for selections)

Chris and Sarah, were also present at the May stage and showed promise.

Since Sarah and Nicolas are already known to the Fed as being good skaters, that would have also influenced the Fed's decision for selecting them.

8. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

James/Coia were assigned to TEB when the assignments were released last month, but the FFSG July newsletter lists two French TBA slots and no J/C. So my guess is that it didn't work, and Vanessa may have other plans in France.

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Tony Wheeler

Tony Wheeler Well-Known Member

I don't think Maximin was ever that serious about competing with Vanessa, but it might have been a little wishful thinking of Vanessa's part (and Gailhaguet's!). Maximin has contracts with skating shows until the end of the 2010/2011 season-- something he is really looking forward to. He told Vanessa that if she absolutely cannot find a partner, then he might consider coming back in 2012. Not likely, though.

Anyways, I think it's funny that Didier Gailhaguet and/or the other Federation powers (if there are any) assigned these two to Bompard when they had only been practicing together for a few weeks AND they hadn't even started any programs yet. I know he's the one that tried to get the team together, but come on...

10. Libertango

Libertango New Member

What a shame that Chloé & Marien are no longer skating together :(
    I hope Chloé is looking for another partner, she's only 17...

11. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

What skating shows is Maximin signed for?
    After all, Jerome Blanchard came back after a long break from competition.

12. taz'smum

taz'smum Active Member

I'm sorry to say, but Chloe has stopped skating!

13. deepedge

deepedge New Member

I have found out that Benjamin Leze and his new partner have been invited and will skate at the selection. Her name is Elektra Hetman and she is an American skater . Her bio is still listed on icepartnersearch. A pretty girl and her video shows some good skating skills and presentation. She listed her coach as Sergei Ponomarenko. They will skate in the Gala in Villards on July 28. No info on wether the Flemin's have . also been invited.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  14. piano18

piano18 New Member

Good for her. All skaters and their choreographers need to head to Passion patinage for newest ideas and exceptional music choices during off season dry spells! Unfortunately Ingo Steuer discarded (or simply just did not read) my choices for Savchenko & Szolkowy. Oh well, Russian folk sounds fine I guess..

15. vassily

vassily New Member

:( how come? I was looking forward to this.

16. taz'smum

taz'smum Active Member

I don't know the reasons, but shortly after Marien and Chloe split, she stopped skating.

17. poths

poths Well-Known Member

The Olympic Champs that never were! :fragile: RIP J&C's hypothetically Incredible Career. :lol: :(

18. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

19. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Ok, this article confuses me once again... so has the uplifting rule been added or not? I mean, does it exist officially as an actual rule, cause last time I checked, it wasn't there... :confused:

says a woman who skated to Requiem herself last season :lol:

But I wouldn't agree that drama is too much drama. I think what is too much, is overused drama music, like Requiem. I'm quite curious what that Zhulin choreography will be like, although I do not have high hopes with this couple anymore. Once they switched coaches and left Zazoui, they became too cabaret or circus-like, acrobatic, making fun of themselves. And my Lord, they used to be so classy before, they had all it takes to be the next Delobel/Schoenfelder or even more!! that Flamenco OD was stunning!! I have no idea what's happened to them, but the last two seasons their style became very annoying to me.

20. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

The uplifting rule was never passed. What did pass was exactly what was quoted in the P&B article -

music "must be cut/edited, orchestrated, or arranged in a way that it creates an interesting, colourful, entertaining dance program with different moods or a building effect" (Rule 601 Free Dance regulations).

21. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

I'm usually all about newcomers and juniors but I make an exception with one (or a couple of) teams. ;)

22. mia joy

mia joy New Member

oh, ok, thanks for making it clear...ish :p but I honestly have no idea how they wanna make this thing work as a rule...

23. grandma

grandma Active Member

.... seems as if Vanessa James has been training in Chemnitz till yesterday.....

24. bek

bek Guest

I'm okay with the idea of different music moods, because I hated Mahler and comp.

25. mia joy

mia joy New Member

yeah, but it's different music moods OR a building effect - which means, you can say Mahler does not have different moods, but it has a building effect, and still everyone is happy :p

although I wouldn't say Mahler was especially colorful or entertaining :p so perhaps this rule isn't that bad after all ;)

26. poths

poths Well-Known Member

Trying out with.....?

27. grandma

grandma Active Member

don`t know just heard that she was there ....:huh:
    Seems that Chemnitz is becoming very interesting for foreign pair skaters;)

28. taz'smum

taz'smum Active Member

Vanessa is trying out with a Russian and a French skater. She would prefer to skate with a French skater, as she feels to skate with a Russian for France wouldn't be right, as she is not French, although she does have French citizenship:).

29. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

You're so right .They are definately a different couple after switching the coaches .Before the change they had very innovative programmes 4 Seasons Madness FD and yes that Flamenco OD was devine ! I love it as much as A/P 02 OD .The CDS were never really their strong part of the competition so hopefully the new SD and Zhulins choreo ' and of course being French number one's will be a good stepping stone for them .
    I much prefer them to F/S or K/K.

30. taz'smum

taz'smum Active Member

24/28 August - ISU Junior Grand Prix – Courchevel (FRA)
    Men : Romain PONSART et Thomas SOSNIAK
    Ladies : Yrétha SILETE, Lénaëlle GILLERON-GORY et Anaïs VENTARD
    Dance: Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON, Géraldine BOTT / Neil BROWN &
    Magali LEININGER / Maxime CAUREL​
    08/12 septembre - ISU Junior Grand Prix - Brasov (ROU)
    Ladies : Anaïs VENTARD
    Men : Thomas SOSNIAK
    Dance: Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Alexis MIART​
    15/19 september - ISU Junior Grand Prix – Graz (AUT)
    Ladies : Lénaëlle GILLERON-GORY
    Dance: Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON et Sofia GASSOUMI / Arnaud PASZTORY​
    22/26 september - ISU Junior Grand Prix – Karuizawa (JPN)
    Dance: Géraldine BOTT / Neil BROWN et Myriam GASSOUMI / Clément LE MOLAIRE​
    29 september/03 october - ISU Junior Grand Prix – Sheffield (GB)
    No entries​
    06/10 october - ISU Junior Grand Prix – Dresden (ALL)
    Ladies : Yrétha SILETE
    Men : Romain PONSART
    Danse : Sofia GASSOUMI / Arnaud PASZTORY​
    13/17 october - ISU Junior Grand Prix – Ostrava (CZE)
    Ladies : Bahia TALEB
    Men : Quentin LOURENCO ou Simon HOQUAUX ou Benjamin SIAO HIM FA
    (Entry will depend on the placement and content at French masters)
    Dance : Tiffany ZAHORSKI / Alexis MIART​

Sofia and Arnaud had to change their music in June, so they have been moved from the Courchevel JGP to a later one to give them more time to be ready.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.