"All That Skate LA" to air Sunday Oct. 10 on NBC

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by HisWeirness, Sep 8, 2010.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Ah, yes. The lift with Aliona's face in Robin's crotch. The pairs version of the CrGB.
  2. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

S&S were :swoon:
  3. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

Damn, I missed S&S. :( Had to check on my banana bread.

Ewwwww, I like Lady Gaga, but "Poker Face" is one of the worst songs ever. Won't be watching that.
  4. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

Wow...
  5. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Ha, TG you are RIGHT! Same music/album, too. Although I think Robin looks great in off-white. I think Aliona looked very. . . shiny. Extremely shiny, extremely bleached hair, extremely made up. I love their skating but could she just tone down the makeup & hair alterations?

YAY S&Z! Perfect landing on the throw jump, as usual. Unfortunately now when I hear that music I think of this.

Well, Johnny's costumes certainly get weirder with each outing. I think he stole a ballerina's tutu and chopped it up for those things on his shoulders. I doubt he could rotate a triple with those things. Just really not enjoying this bad outfits/bad music/minimal skating effort (jmo) phase of his career.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  6. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

7. rfisher

I've always thought you had skating magic or you didn't, but S/Z prove that it can develop over time. And she is just lovely now. I wish that they have a wonderful, happy life.
  8. Cloudy_Gumdrops

I try and I try to love them like everyone else does, but S&Z just don't do it for me.
  9. caseyedwards

That was good and it looked very difficult.
  10. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

11. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Me too.

I wish we'd gotten to see Johnny's other number rather than Poker Face. Even if I like this number, lol.
  12. rfisher

that's JWe for me. I've just never been a fan.
  13. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Same here. I was moved by their skate in 2003 because of Shen's injury. But I still find their presentation forced and somewhat inelegant.
  14. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

zomg....Johnny is CHUNKY. That pink waistband is unfortunate.
  15. caseyedwards

It doesn't look like he has any jumps but that slide is always good.
  16. dupa

dupa Home Sweet Home

Johnny is definitely skater FAT!
  17. Cloudy_Gumdrops

I feel that way about him too. I actually liked him initially, but then around his 3rd or 4th season, he just got so meh and the costumes started getting bizarre (and not in an awesome Ice Dance way).
  18. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

That's why I wanted to see Johnny's first number, he fell and injured his hip right before the show and by the second act, I think his hip had tightened up. You could tell by his facial expressions and lack of speed that he was in pain.
  19. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Sorry, Weir is not even original or inventive. Doing something that someone else made famous and merely moving it onto the ice is just so meh.
  20. caseyedwards

This second Kwan performance is really good!
  21. LadyNit

Classic Michelle. All of a sudden I miss her really bad. Falling in love all over again.
  22. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Kwan's second number was really, really nice. I love the section in the end with all the hydroblading and MITF.
  23. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Exactly how it went for me. The music started getting worse, too, and it just seemed like he never lived up to his promise or fulfilled his talent.
  24. rfisher

Damn Tufts for offering her admission to grad school.
  25. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I don't like this dress on Tessa. Like it should be cute but there is something wrong with the cutting/gathering that does not flatter her.
  26. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

So no Ashley at all?
  27. Cloudy_Gumdrops

V&M's skating just seems so...small. They really don't have the performance ability of most of the others in the show.
  28. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Virtue/Moir are as dull as ever. Will they ever do something other than the "we're young and so in love" schtick? Such talented skaters, such snoozy programs.

More Stephane, please ;)
  29. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

My friend is flying Korean Air in December. I told him it looks like he's in for a VERY sexy flight if those commercials are accurate.
  30. sunny_sari

sunny_sari New Member

Holy hell there is too much Johnny hate in here. WTF? My friends and I adore him. He is very much an original and if you don't like him than move on. I can't think of why there needs to be constant criticism of him, his costumes, his music, etc. etc. If he's not your cup of tea and he bothers you that much then shut up and move on. There are plenty of people that love him. He's got almost 71, 000 twitter followers, second to only Yuna and that was a great standing ovation the crowd gave him. There were tons of Johnny signs in the audience. He brings in a huge contingent of fans so he must be doing something right. He was also injured during this performance and was very much in pain. He's been reported in practice to be doing all of his jumps. The striped costume may have made him look bigger but he is not by any means "fat." Jesus, you people are old-fashioned and stuffy as hell.
  31. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Wonder if all those lights on the screen in the background were ever distracting to the skaters?

Dig the Bulletproof tunic/dress, and I usually hate that super liquid metallic glitter stuff. Not so fond of the black leggings with it, but whatever.
  32. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Every skater gets their fair share of criticism. You'll have to get used to the fact that your (or anyone's) favorites won't be an exception. This board doesn't exist to just gush over skaters.
  33. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Maybe if you can't handle criticism of Johnny's skating, you should go to a Johnny forum, and avoid this place. If you don't like it, then don't read. And if you think FSU is stuffy... :rofl:

I don't think "Bulletproof" suits Yu-Na.
  34. rfisher

ITA about the leggings. It would have looked better with flesh colored tights.
  35. sunny_sari

sunny_sari New Member

FSU is totally stuffy. I feel like I'm being transported to the dark ages when I read these boards. All of that to do over Evan's Body Issue photographs. It's one thing to criticize a skater and it's another thing to nitpick. It feels like Johnny gets nothing but nitpicking from people who are seriously offended or made truly uncomfortable by the way he presents himself. :rolleyes:
  36. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Stephane & Patrick SBS 2A :cheer:
  37. rfisher

Aren't you and your friends special. You won't last long at FSU. :rofl:
  38. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Tanith's position on that rotational lift has gotten much better. She used to look, I don't know, floppy, on it, but now she's holding her frame much better. L&K really did a lot for their skating.
  39. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Woooo! It's Seinfeld's puffy shirt X7!!!!

Digging the SBS 2As from Chan and Stephane. New pairs team!
  40. LadyNit

my ears..... :scream: