All That Skate 2013 (Jun 21~23)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by RunnersHigh, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Jenny81

Jenny81 Member

2. DannyCurry

DannyCurry Active Member

3. puretea

puretea New Member

4. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Disappointed in Ashley's programs and her jumps.

5. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

As for programs, I partially agree. Her 'Young and Beautiful' program has too little actual choreography. Everything is in her expressions and a few gestures. But in a skating program there must be some choreography/moves that you can see from afar. Facial expressions can be seen only by those sitting in front rows and on some professional videos. I don't mind the aggressive sexiness in her 'Sweet Dreams' program, although I am heterosexual female :D. It is choreography at least, and the program is quite entertaining, as a show program should be (if it can't be art). As for jumps, I wouldn't pay that much attention to a few mistakes. Everyone has them. In shows skaters don't have to be technically perfect, and it's better to single or double a jump than to risk falling - a fall can hurt the skater, and it spoils the impression more than singling/doubling, a two footed landing, touching down with ones hand etc.

6. lauravvv

Dave and Jenny discuss 'All That Skate', including group performances, Yuna's performances and performances by other skaters, on their 'The Skating Lesson: This and That' show :)rolleyes: :D) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S16nFE2oAw4#t=818s (from around 05:57). Found it thanks to Stephane Lambiel official forum twitter (@lambielnews). Strangely, I do agree with some things that they say, although certainly not with everything.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  7. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

Dave and Jenny are the new Will and Grace, Regis and Kelly or Alaska and Mario Vaquerizo ( I suppose you don't know who these are:p) I find them totally trash-forum worthy, a hot mess and I love them

AJ Skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  8. lauravvv

I realize that this would belong to The Trash Can, but the 'All That Skate' thread is here, so...