All That Skate 2013 (Jun 21~23)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by RunnersHigh, Apr 9, 2013.

1. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

l'etoile and (deleted member) like this.
  2. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Wow.. great veterans. :swoon:

3. Jenny81

Jenny81 Active Member

Yay!!!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer::rockstar:

4. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

I've always wondered a bit about the title All That Skate. Is it supposed to be like All That Jazz, or, all that are here can skate. Dumb question, I know, but I've just always thought that it was kind of a weird named for a skating show... :confused:

5. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Of course like All That Jazz :D. And I personally have never found it weird.

6. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Ithought ATS was the name of Yuna's Marketing firm as well.

7. reut

reut Active Member

But it's not "All That Skate", it's "All That Sports":
    http://www.atsports.co.kr/index/index.html#

Thank you for the news, RunnersHigh!
    Glad to see Stéphane in the cast (obviously :D). Some of his fans were worried that he will miss it because of his circus project. Hope they don't worry any more. :)

8. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

reut, yes it is All that Sports for the whole organization but it makes sense that All That Skate is the skating portion of all that sports doesnt it.

9. reut

reut Active Member

It does. It was just a little clarification to your words that "ATS was the name of Yuna's Marketing firm as well". It's not the same name, so technically it's not "as well".

10. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

Stéphane deserves a kind of certificate for attending every All That Skate show :)

11. RunnersHigh

Event information at Samsung Camera Facebook!

Head over to our NX300 app for the NX SPEED PASS event! Grand prize is a trip to Seoul, Korea, to watch gold medalist Yuna Kim skate gracefully on ice.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  12. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

Casting

Ladies
    Yu-Na Kim
    Joannie Rochette
    Ashley Wagner
    Hae-Jin Kim

Men
    Kurt Browning
    Stephane Lambiel
    Javier Fernández
    Jin-seo Kim

Pair
    Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR Maxim TRANKOV
    Aliona SAVCHENKO and Robin SZOLKOWY

Acrobatics
    Vladimir Besedin-Olesen Polishchuk

Adagio Pair
    Fiona Zaldua and Dmitry Sukhanov

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  13. RunnersHigh

Yay!!! Javier Fernández! is coming!!!
    Loved "Aerobics Class!!" :swoon: I really enjoyed it in London.

14. puretea

puretea Active Member

Kim Yuna’s skating show meets ‘Les Misérables’:)

The theme of ‘Figure Queen’ Kim Yuna’s June skating show will be the musical ‘Les Misérables’.

Kim’s management, All That Sports(ATS) announced that the concept of the ‘Samsung Galaxy ★ Smart AirCon All That Skate 2013’ will be ‘Les Misérables - Dream, Dare, and Love’. The skating show will be held at the Olympic Gymnastics Stadium in Seoul on June 21~23.

The concept of the show is the very same that is portrayed in the original book of ‘Les Misérables’; the meaning of love and forgiveness, hope and redemption; comfort to all who are weary of daily routines; and encouragement to everyone willing to take a chance.

ATS is planning to enhance the heart-touching story of ‘Les Misérables’, the program that led Kim to a gold medal at the World Figure Skating Championships in March. In part, ATS also means to continue the Korean ‘Les Mis’ frenzy that was sparked by Kim’s free skating music choice and the great success of the movie and the musical, to the ice show as well.

“In order to create a realistic feeling, as if spectators were watching the musical, key structures to the musical, such as buildings, barricades, symbolic objects, and screen images will be incorporated in the ice show. In addition, skaters will perform a group number that will express the memorable scenes in the musical.” said Koo Dong-Hui, the director of the show, ATS vice-president.

Not only is this the first time that a Korean skating show has attempted to combine a skating show with a musical, but also quite rare across the world. This show will have both the excitement of an ice show and the emotions of the musical ‘Les Misérables’, creating a musical ice show with a presence to match another thing to keep fans anticipated.

Kim will perform her free program ‘Les Misérables’ once again in front of her Korean fans.

“Many of my fans love the program and it is also a program that I love as well. Sometimes I wonder if I can come out with a program better than this,” said Kim, mentioning her affection for her program in a former interview. Her words are enough to make her fans expectant for the show.

‘Samsung Galaxy ★ Smart AirCon All That Skate 2013’ will be held at the Olympic Gymnastics Stadium in Seoul on June 21~23.

Tickets can be purchased at Interpark Tickets (http://ticket.interpark.com, 1544-1555) starting on May 15, 7 PM. More information about the program and ticket prices will be announced later.

◆ Translation ⓒ abyss / FEVERSKATING
    ◆ The Original : [OSEN] http://bit.ly/13cHwuD

15. puretea

puretea Active Member

16. RunnersHigh

Oh my god!!

Tix for Saturday and Sunday were sold out! And 98.51% of all the tix were sold in 12 Hrs. :wideeyes:
    Did you get your own tix? My fellow skating fans?

17. puretea

puretea Active Member

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Susan M

Susan M Well-Known Member

The comparison is not apt. "All that Jazz" as the title of Bob Fosse's autobiographical story is a play on words. The expression "and all that jazz" actually predates this title and means, more or less, "and all that stuff" or "and everything else". It doesn't really have anything to do with jazz or dance, which is why the Fosse title was clever.

So, yes, All That Skate, as a title for a skating show, makes no sense, at least in English. What makes it especially bad is that the expression "all that" does have a meaning and it is not a flattering one.

I'm guessing it was chosen by somebody who is not a native speaker of English and thought they were being clever, when they actually were insulting Kim (as in "she thinks she's all that").

19. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

I think that now you're trying to be too clever. You don't have to always search for special meanings, sometimes words/titles can be taken for what they are. I am aware of the meaning of that expression, and that it's not about jazz - I think "and all that stuff" is closer to the meaning in which it is most often used, than "and everything else", though. Also, "all that" are simply words, not just an expression. But I would agree that the meaning of this phrase can be bit derogatory - for example, if someone says "all that skating", by that they are lumping all skating together in one congeneric whole, which in turn means that they are not thinking highly of it at all. Therefore, I can't agree with your last sentence - the meaning that you're giving it there is quite contradictory to that.

20. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

And this is a big deal because..................? :rofl:

21. RunnersHigh

OK. All the tix sold out in 24 Hours. :( I always had been in K&C seats but this time I just have 2 tix only for Fri and Sat..... :(

22. midori

midori Well-Known Member

I managed to get my tickets! Phew that was fierce. It was much harder than two years ago that was not easy either.

Can someone translate K&C seat benefit please? It looks like written in the middle of the ticket page of the official site on images. I cannot put them them to machine translation, and my Korean is not good enough to type them out. :(

I was going to fly to Seoul on 21th morning then it looks like there's something on 20th? And something about each day... Perhaps I need to re-arrange my travel plan?

Last edited: May 17, 2013
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  23. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

Before the show, there will be a special fan-meeting for K&C ticket holders (Meet skaters and have Q&A time)
    ATS Souvenirs (Items subject to change)
    Designated lounges for K&C ticket holders
    Fan-meeting will take place at 7pm on June 20 for an hour
    K&C ticket holders can enter the arena through K&C gate (Gate #2-1). First come, first served. The opening time will be announced later.
    Schedule is subject to change

24. midori

midori Well-Known Member

Thanks ehdtkqorl123!! So I have to find a flight on 20th. Glad to know that now, not on the day of the event. :D

What's the line with "21,22,23" and "1-3" saying?

The cast is great and Korean audience is always the best. It's going to be fun!!!

25. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

The fan meeting is open to only those who purchased K&C tickets for June 21,22,23 shows (1st to 3rd day)

Have fun!

26. midori

midori Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot again, ehdtkqorl123!!

27. munow

munow New Member

Right :rofl:

28. chronos13

chronos13 New Member

I'll be at the show. I'm a native Korean so if anyone needs help or directions or translations, I'd be willing to offer help.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  29. ehdtkqorl123

ehdtkqorl123 New Member

Yu-Na's new gala program is Imagine by Avril Lavigne(John Lennon Cover).
    You will be able to see this at Sochi too!

30. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

actually the report did not indicate that it will be her gala (if ever) @ sochi