1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy's 2013-14 programs

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Club comp. season is here!

Well there's a "Chinese Dance" in the Nutcracker. :p

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I like their costumes.

shan and (deleted member) like this.
  3. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

I like them too. dunno why they have to match. sb familiar with the story of Nutcracker?

4. lao1234

lao1234 Member

They don't have to match each other - we've seen contrasting costumes before...however, they should be complementary to each skaters' skin tone. Aliona's clearly doesn't. I wonder what the fug girls would say about them...

5. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

That will be her skin tone once she gets done with the tanning booth. ;)

I think her costumes are both very pretty and sexy.

6. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I like Aliona's SP costume but not robin's. too much white and there's a big contrast between the top and the pants.

7. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

I hope the contrast remains! Otherwise it'll look like a unitard.

And male skaters look terrible in unitards :shuffle:

8. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I love the SD costumes but Robin's black boots ruin the overall look :rolleyes:So maybe make covers for those.

9. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Well-Known Member

Agree. With some white boot covers, it will look better. Or maybe he could wear blue pants instead of white? (Picking up the blue trim color in the top.) The LP costumes both look good individually, but I'm not sure the peach color of Aliona's dress works with Robin's red tunic. I like the style of the dress, but I'm not sure about the color. Costumes are always such an issue with these two.

10. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

I like the short programme costumes (not with his black boots though) and Robin's long program costume, I assume its colours stand for the German flag colours. I hate her lp dress though, why is it not red or gold?

11. Lis

Lis Active Member

love their sp costumes !The FP I am not sure if I like the yellow arms in Robins costume. I think I would prefer them to be white perhaps but then again it all looks different live.
    I really like both Aljonas dresses.

12. Frau Muller

Frau Muller #1 Dick Button Fan

I love both the SP costumes and Aliona's flower-skirted pink dress for the LP (perfect for Waltz of the Flowers, if that's their music). Robin's LP costume is all wrong, especially the black braiding on the red vest. He needs a nice unitone, pale color similar to Aliona's tone - either the same pink or a couple of shades darker. And some boot covers for both of Robin's costumes, please. :)

13. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Since the audio is in German, can someone provide an English translation or summary? Thanks.

14. Sylvia

Sylvia Club comp. season is here!

Re-posting from the German news thread:

15. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

Though they've never been my cup of tea so to say (huge understatement), I wish them much luck in their goal to attain that elusive Olympic Gold, and I have tremendous respect for them in going for the throw-3axel in both the sp & fs! :respec:

The best competitions are when everyone skates their best and you win. And I would like to add when they go all out, putting every single thing they have in their arsenal on the line, nothing and I mean *nothing* compares to that!!!! :eek::drama::kickass::hat1::40beers:

16. mia joy

mia joy New Member

I swear if S/S go out and land those 3 axels and give overall solid performances and then V/T perform their utterly safe programs clean and win, I will be furious.

I love Tatiana and Max as skaters, they have amazing skating quality and Tatiana is the best one out there, but I hate them as competitors. They so stubbornly stick to those throw sal and loops whereas all the others work their butts off to land lutzes, flips, 3axels and quads and still get scores lightyears worse than V/T. I know jumps are not all that counts, but V/T really aren't THAT much better than S/S or some others in other aspects either.

I am so done cheering for V/T. I adored the idea of them as a pair, I loved them their first season together and I am a sucker for their chemistry - but I am so sick of them breaking world records with their most difficult jump being a loop. I am SO done.

Which, of course, probably means V/T will win the OGM. I swear my favourites never win at the Olys, with only a few exceptions.

17. NadineWhite

To me this is an apples versus oranges scenario, like at the 1994 Olympics. It was between G&G versus M&D, and no matter what the latter did they would never displace the former. Reason: judges will always pick the most artistic skater(s) with the most perfect textbook technique, always.

That said, anybody that knows me knows that I have never been a fan of either team (i.e. V/T and S/S). :p Also, I don't think either one has chemistry and will never go down in history as the greatest ever. BUT I have to admit this is the very first time I have ever liked/enjoyed a program by V/T. I honest to God think their SP is a masterpiece, one for the ages. But their FS. :eek::scream:

18. NadineWhite

Addendum: strike that, I totally forgot the judges picked Tara over Michelle. That was an anomaly. However, I still say that 99.9% of the time they will always pick the artist with picture perfect technique, especially in pairs. Also, it helps if the skater(s) are well-liked and are aesthetically beautiful as well. jmho. *note: not to forget political clout, very important*

19. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Better brace yourself then since that's what's almost definitely going to happen. :p

20. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

I wonder why S/S haven't competed yet this season. V/T already have two competitions under their belts. S/S should have at least done a Senior B to get their programs out there like V/T did at Nebelhorn.

21. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Why should they work on incorporating more difficulty? Their primary goal is to win, and the judges have already shown that they will be happy to reward V/T for their strong (though not as difficult) elements and mediocre programs.

My issue is with V/T's PCS, which is now in ludicrous territory. I hope S/S's marks will enjoy a similar boost this season so that it will be an actual competition, but considering the nationalities and politikking of the skaters and federations involved, I doubt it.

22. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

:confused: One of those competitions is the GP, and there has only been one competition, and being seeded skaters they can't skate against each other until the final.

V/T were roundly criticised for going to Nebelhorn in many threads so I think they're all damned if they do and damned if they don't. V/T have done at least one senior B ever since they got together, do S/S have a history of competing at senior Bs? I would guess that they would prefer a later start, if they are determined to put the triple axel in both programmes then I suspect they want more training time in order to ensure they have a fighting chance of putting relatively clean programmes out there.

23. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

24. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Aljona took a hard fall on the throw triple Axel in training, apparently just when a TV crew came to film their practice before they leave for China:
    http://www.mdr.de/mediathek/suche/video156748_zc-485c01ae_zs-d23ba9ff.html
    (TV report from October 26)

Aljona says this is part of training. "Training is not coffee and cake, but also pain." Ingo said he brought her ice and that she knows how to deal with it. He said she was tired but still wanted to do the Axel. Hopefully she won't be too sore! They will leave on Tuesday for Beijing.

The report also mentions how well Tatiana and Max have scored at Skate America. Robin comments that they have to focus on themselves and that the direct comparison will count.

25. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Nooooo! I hope it's not too serious and that she'll be up to speed again quickly (and not in too much pain...)

26. mia joy

mia joy New Member

That jump was clearly underrotated. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to go for the axel in the SP, maybe a perfectly executed flip would give them more than an underrotated axel with a fall?

Anyways, hope she's fine. I've been counting the days until we finally see their new programs!

27. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

seeing her in tears is hard; but you can see her determination!
    hope she will be fit and both will rock the arena in china!

28. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

That's one thing I hate about CoP. Seems like the skaters can't ease into their season anymore. Winning a Grand Prix is not enough, you're really competing against your rivals' scores from the previous competition.

Aljona has a good attitude. You can't expect to add a jump like that without taking hard falls. There were other good attempts in the video.

29. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

It definitely would. But given how huge the scores that Volosozhar/Trankov have been getting are, Savchenko/Szolkowy must feel that landing the th3a is their only chance to beat them.

30. mia joy

mia joy New Member

^ But what if failing at it costs them silver as well and they drop to third again? God, it's such a gamble. I wish nothing more than to see them be clean, for once. They truly deserve the best.