alilou's Adventures in Wonderland - all over the map.

skatesindreams

Thank you for sharing all of this.
Good, bad, or indifferent; it's all fascinating to me.
I'm glad you're feeling better, as well.

Your pictures, especially those close-ups of the mosaics, are beautiful.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Your pics of Milan are great! I don't think I've ever took photos of the city (just a few maybe), but it's nice to see it from an external [maybe outside is more correct?] point of view.
O course the best moment of the day for me was the hanging panties! :lol:
And the ice cream ;) Since you left it has been quite cold so that has probably been my last 2011 ice cream!! :drama:

I can send you some more pics soon - I got some good ones of the city from the top of the duomo (I think - will have to have a look)

During the Olys everyone I was hanging out with was taking pics of Vanouver because it was new to them. It seems we never take pics of the city we live in.

Eat ice-cream anyway! :)
Thank you for sharing all of this.
Good, bad, or indifferent; it's all fascinating to me.
I'm glad you're feeling better, as well.

Your pictures, especially those close-ups of the mosaics, are beautiful.

Thanks skatesindreams. The mosaic photos amazed me. I had no idea if they would come out or not, and you really couldn't see that they were mosaics - such detailed work, and quite far away (high up) and dim lighting, so I was really pleased with what turned out. Love my camera. It's a mini SLR with a great telephoto lens, but not even close to a professional camera.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I spent some time working in Geneva quite a few years ago now. I took the train to Milan and spent a couple of nights there. I too climbed up to the roof of the duomo, visited the galleria. I also saw the painting of the Last Supper and it was fittingly Easter weekend.

Thanks for sharing all your experiences and the visuals :)

I must look for my photos!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I spent some time working in Geneva quite a few years ago now. I took the train to Milan and spent a couple of nights there. I too climbed up to the roof of the duomo, visited the galleria. I also saw the painting of the Last Supper and it was fittingly Easter weekend.

Thanks for sharing all your experiences and the visuals :)

I must look for my photos!

You're welcome. I have so much fun doing the blog. Isn't the duomo spectacular?! It was so amazing to be in amongst all the spires.

Hope your photos bring back all kinds of wonderful memories for you :)

skatesindreams

A new bolt post is up. The genius of Antoni Gaudi.

http://alisonarmstrong.blogspot.com/view/sidebar

or http://alisonarmstrong.blogspot.com for IE users

Um...is anybody (apart from skatesindreams :) ) still reading :shuffle:

If you're not that interested in Gaudi (which I absolutely acknowledge could be possible, even probable :lol: ) the next blog should be a bit more interesting - the south of Spain, Costa del Sol :cool:

Once again, your pictures are fabulous, particularly the Nativity Facade.
I've been fascinated by Gaudi's work; and the Basilica, for years.

I was a Humanities major, alliou.
Your personal experiences, and all you share, are more meaningful than most of what I learned about these subjects in University,

IoanaC

Thank you for sharing your experiences, Alilou! I love your blog, your thoughts, your pictures and everything you've been posting it it. My favourite entry so far is "People". You've captured some wonderful moments there.
Looking forward to reading about your next adventures!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Still reading & enjoying :)

Thanks victorskid, glad you're enjoying it :)

Once again, your pictures are fabulous, particularly the Nativity Facade.
I've been fascinated by Gaudi's work; and the Basilica, for years.

I was a Humanities major, alliou.
Your personal experiences, and all you share, are more meaningful than most of what I learned about these subjects in University,

Thank you so much skatesindreams. Gaudi's work is amazing isn't it? The interior of the basilica is just breathtaking. I feel so lucky to have been able to experience it.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, Alilou! I love your blog, your thoughts, your pictures and everything you've been posting it it. My favourite entry so far is "People". You've captured some wonderful moments there.
Looking forward to reading about your next adventures!

And thank you IoanaC. It does feel good to know people are enjoying the blog. It's a very creative process, and I like to to be able to share it. There will be another "people" post coming in the next few weeks - I have a new collection of photos, but the next post will be about our time on the Costa del Sol.

skatesindreams

Wow, alilou!
I'm awed by the beauty here.

Oh my...that paella!

You and Don have really captured and shared the "spirit and joy" of travel/discovery so well.
Thank you!

Awaiting your further adventures, with pleasure.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks again skatesindreams. It was very easy to take good photos of the Costa del Sol. How could you go wrong with that kind of scenery :swoon:

We so love to travel, see all the different ways people live, see all the creativity and different ways people have of making life work. We're off to India in the new year - just picked up our visas today :cheer:

BelleBway

a monkey stole my title
Um...is anybody (apart from skatesindreams :) ) still reading :shuffle:

Still reading... just crazy busy (and still need to unpack/do laundry etc) so it takes me awhile to get to it sometimes. :shuffle: Thanks for sharing! And hope you get a chance to enjoy the current moment during the holiday season, without thinking so much about what comes next.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Still reading... just crazy busy (and still need to unpack/do laundry etc) so it takes me awhile to get to it sometimes. :shuffle: Thanks for sharing! And hope you get a chance to enjoy the current moment during the holiday season, without thinking so much about what comes next.

Thanks Belle, and such wise words. Nothing quite like being present to really take in the experience, eh! Mr alilou and I give each other reminders from time to time, but the most powerful reminder for me is I start to feel crappy if I'm getting too stressed about the future :lol:

Good luck with your unpacking etc, and have a wonderful holiday season!

BelleBway

a monkey stole my title
Good luck with your unpacking etc, and have a wonderful holiday season!

Thanks! I will get to enjoy being (mostly) unpacked for a couple days. Then time to repack. :lol:

I really envy your ability to spend so much time exploring the world. But then again, I really like being a homebody with my little furricanes.

skatesindreams

Thanks, as always, aliou!
I hope that the holidays will allow you to relax and appreciate the "adventure" thus far; and renew your spirit for what is to come, whatever it might be.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks! I will get to enjoy being (mostly) unpacked for a couple days. Then time to repack. :lol:

I really envy your ability to spend so much time exploring the world. But then again, I really like being a homebody with my little furricanes.

Where are you off to next? ETA: It's OK. I just read in your blog thread you're off to Disneyland. Have fun!

Yeah, I like to do the homebody thing too. We've kind of jumped in at the deep end here, and have no idea where it will lead us. In the mean time it is wonderful to be able to do all this travelling so I'm not complaining at all :lol:

Thanks, as always, aliou!
I hope that the holidays will allow you to relax and appreciate the "adventure" thus far; and renew your spirit for what is to come, whatever it might be.

I must say I'm over the hump of not having a home to come home too. And although we're incredibly busy I'm sure there'll be time to "stop" for a bit in Montreal, and definitely in India. That's what we're going to India for, and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Last edited:

victoriajh

trying to ignore rod and find the eurosport feed
Alliou, I have been following the blog-!: just found this thread!!!! Oops!! Your trip was a jaunt down memory lane for me and a great read and look too....and if you need to do laundry in vancouver come on over we can talk- about chan !!!!!!lol
Hope that you get to India rested ;)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
So glad it brought back some good memories for you.

Think it's more likely I'll get to rest when I get to India :lol:

Might take you up on the laundry offer when we're back next May :shuffle:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks skatesindreams and Belle. I do so enjoy it, but confess I become a bit tense photographing people as I don't want to embarrass them/me. Sometimes it's difficult, and sometimes I'll take 20 or more pics and still not get the shot I want. So in the end a lot of it is pure luck e.g. the girl hitching her bathing suit down. Didn't even know I had that shot until I got it onto the computer. Then again the couple reading the newspapers (on the vaporeto on Venice) I consider one of my better achievements. I sure didn't want them to know I was photographing them, but I kept at it until I got the shot I wanted. So some of it is perseverance, and some of it is just dumb luck :lol:

Happy New Year :cheer2: It's 2012! Hope it's a very fine year for all :biggrinbo

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information