alexei yagudin throwing ice appreciation thread

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by iarispiralllyof, Apr 19, 2013.

1. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEfR4dQ8wAw

:BNS1:

forgot how much of a god he was. i haven't watched this in years. i know skaters today are doing such technically difficult programs but i miss these incredibly unique choreographic flourishes we used to get. it is a sport so that's fine and dandy but more difficult doesn't necessarily mean more visually effective

and lmao i think some of the ice he threw landed on the judges
  2. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Although it is certainly effective, I've always wondered why this snow throwing move not count as using a prop which is a violation against the rules for competitive skating.
  3. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

Tarasova seems to love to use snow as a prop. I always wondered why Platov put snow in his pants at :21 :confused: My only theory is that when the ice melted it made it look like he spunked himself. :lol: Fitting with the theme of the program, anyway. ;)

:D
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  4. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I knew exactly what moment you were talking about. I always assumed there was a stone or something from a previous skater's costume on the ice that he wanted to make sure not to trip over.

And in an earlier group that evening, didn't Jarod Swallow go back on the ice after the program, find a screw or something, and bring it to the referee as a reason for why they had fallen in their program? Not that there was anything that could be done about that after the fact, except remove the foreign object for the sake of future skaters.
  5. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Punsalan & Swallow were screwed!! :lynch:
  6. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Because a prop is something foreign brought into the performance. The ice is already there, therefore no prop violation.