Alexandra Paul & Mitchell Islam

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by skatingfan04, Mar 13, 2011.

1. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

2. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

3. skatingfan04

4. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

Thanks for all the links!

The Challenge entries, confirming Paul/Islam in senior dance, were released today. Just a week away; the SC site suggests it will be streamed again, so here's hoping!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  5. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Nice one, thanks. Great looking couple.

6. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed that montage. Thanks muchly. They are terrific and I hope they get recognized for it some day :)

7. syed

syed New Member

Exquisite. Some things just can't be taught.

8. skatingfan04

9. lavenderblue

10. skatingfan04

That's adorable!

Challenge is just around the corner! I believe the SD goes Thursday, and the FD Friday. But, it seems that Skatebuzz has taken a page out of icenetwork's book and is now charging for it's live streaming.:(

11. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

I know... Dang them ! I was so looking forward to seeing P/I at Challenge , but I have so many expenses right now , I don't think I can scrape up an extra 20 cents , let alone 20 bucks ...:(

I'll just have to hope someone puts P/I up on YouTube eventually , or wait for Nationals. Unless the Lotto fairy smiles on me tomorrow..:D

Never mind that during a few events, the service has cut out before or during the skaters I most wanted to see ...( if I'd paid for that non-coverage ,there would have been something of an explosion here on the west coast. )

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  12. skatingfan04

Tell me about it. :( I'm headed to both nationals and worlds this year (I'm a Torontonian, and we hardly ever get events within driving distance of the city so I'm taking advantage), so no can do on the extra $20 for me either. Hopefully their programs find their way onto Youtube eventually. I'd really love to catch a glimpse of how they're coming along before nationals rolls around.

13. mirage

mirage Member

Congrats to Alex and Mitch on the short at the Challenge!!. Good luck for the long.

14. skatingfan04

15. lavenderblue

I don't think there will be any video surfacing from the SD -- Skatebuzz's stream went off-air for them and only returned when the next team received their scores. :( But their marks really are wonderful. Would have been nice to see the skate!

16. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

G-r-r-r-r !

I got a chance to sign up unexpectedly at the last moment ... and now ,I do feel ripped off. I would have thought that if they were going to charge , Skate Canada would have seen to it that some of the bugs were worked out. Not only did it cut out partway through the Sr. SD warm up , when it did come back, the next couple froze badly for about a third of their program , only to stream at double speed for the next third , at least.:eek:

No, P/I aren't in the archive ..nor are any of the few other Sr. couples . Some others who skated in Jr.Dance are missing from the archives as well..but you can play a couple of nice vids of the Zamboni going around ...and around ...

17. lavenderblue

Where did you look in the archives? The other senior couples are up there, or were when I looked through earlier. I also found all the juniors, I thought.

18. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Well, I'll be delighted if I can find them. Maybe there's another way to get there .... and maybe I looked too early ? Checking...

Yep. The others are certainly there now.( all 3 of them..:rolleyes: ) Maybe I blinked and missed them before .. but I did try a number of times in a row.Could I have blinked every time ?..:D ( I guess stranger things have happened )

I'd also been watching for Cyr/Brisebois-Gaudreau and you still can't find them by name , although they placed 6th ..you have to search through a long segment simply labelled 2013 Challenge, or whatever the official title is. Maybe that will be corrected eventually. But it's pretty frustrating right now.

I'm a bit relieved , but generally find the whole set up very glitch prone. I used to like to switch to the Ustream site by clicking on their logo. They offered an intermediate size screen that was good for my equipment ( Full is a bit fuzzy for me)..and they also had a banner scroll at the bottom that really made searches easier after or later in the competition when there's scads of skaters to sort through.

I hope we get to see P/I tomorrow ..Speaking of stranger things , it's is getting to be a too-oft repeated pattern where the top contender in a segment is somehow * whoops ! * not recorded ( or not archived ). I can count at least 3 other occasions in the last year and a half . It's bizarre to say the least.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  19. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

It's particularly bizarre when they have the replay footage from the judging, and I would think in a pinch that at something like Challenge, that footage would be available to skatebuzz.

20. lavenderblue

I don't imagine that they're as concerned as that with giving the consumers what they want. We've already paid them as it is.

21. skatingfan04

22. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Poor Mitch..:lol: Never have so many been so glad to hear someone has the stomach flu..:lol:

Get better quick , Mitch..there's work to be done to be ready for Canadians. ;)

23. skatingfan04

Looks like P/I are gonna be skating a gala in Germany this week!

https://twitter.com/mitchislam

Has anyone ever heard of it? I found a bit of info, but not much...

http://www.spotlight-productions.de/

Regardless, what a great thing for them to get out in front of an international audience. Hopefully we'll get some pictures or video or something.

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

If you click on the Videos link on the left, you'll see that past Media Markt Eisgalas are available for online viewing as long as you have the updated Flash plug-in.

I posted about the show in the German news thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...skating-news&p=3770548&viewfull=1#post3770548

25. Laney

Laney Member

I´ll be at the show in Ingolstadt and I can tell you how they did! I´m really looking forward to see them, there! I only saw the at the Nebelhorn-Trophy so it will be great to see them at a show. This show was shown on TV for several years on EuroSport or the Bavarian channel, in the last years it was only shown of a very local channel of Ingolstadt, and this years it won´t be shown at all but maybe you can buy DVDs of the show... I´ll try to find out more when I´m there.

26. skatingfan04

That's great! I hope you have a wonderful time, and I'm sure we'll all appreciate your report!

27. lavenderblue

I don't know if any video will turn up, but here's an amazing album from today's show. P/I appear all throughout -- there are multiple sets of different shots from their two programs as well as a group number including Alex, Sinead, and Eman, and the group finale with everyone.

28. skatingfan04

Wow, those are gorgeous, thanks! P/I look stunning, as usual. I'll keep my eyes peeled for videos.

29. skatingfan04

30. frisette70

frisette70 Active Member

I think the song is Get here.