1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alexander Despatie is retiring

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dave of the North, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Dave of the North

Dave of the North Well-Known Member

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Heard this on the news and very sad to hear it but good luck to him in whatever he does next.

3. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I had a feeling after watching his interview in London that while this was in his near future plans, he wasn't doing it quite yet. He didn't say it, but I got the feeling he would hang in long enough for the Pan Ams in Toronto and then end his Diving career there and in Canada.

I guess the knees just can't take the pounding any longer, as it sounds like Alex came to this decision after his latest knee surgery.

Felicitations Le Petit Prince/Roi!!

You have always been a Class Act and amazing Ambassador for Canada on the World Stage. Thanks for the wonderful memories and Good Luck w/all coming your way in the Future!!!

4. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I'll miss him. He was truly the full package. ;)

5. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

A true legend. It is sad he never got the Olympic Gold medal, he definitely deserved one.

6. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Is his package also retiring?

7. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

:rofl::rofl: hubby wants to know why I'm laughing so I read him this thread. Hubby: "oh great, now I have a visual of his package competing on springboard on its own." God, I love this man. :rofl::rofl: