Alec Baldwin Twitter meltdown

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Wyliefan, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

2. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

good grief. His temper knows no bounds. You'd think he'd learn by now - but why would he? None of it has hurt his career in the least.

3. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

No it hasn't. And he can use racist terms all he wants and just makes more money while Paula Dean is crucified. There seems to be a real double standard here with celebrities, the media and the public.

4. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

With all his money, you'ld think he could afford to hire writers to say something classier like "I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elerberries!"

What a strange person!

5. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

The funny thing is I bet no one would've noticed if he hadn't lost his sh!t.

6. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

Thing is, he's constantly losing his shit. He's a real a$$hole ... a talented a$$hole, yes, but an a$$hole just the same.

O-

7. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I had the same thought!

8. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I can't imagine being his spouse and getting into a heated argument with him. He'll call you every name in the book and then some. It's no wonder Kim Bassinger left him.

9. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

He has that bloated look of someone who drinks too much. That could be the reason he goes berserk occasionally and then sounds rational and self-aware later. He is probably a volatile person anyway and booze makes him completely lose control.

10. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for his new wife, having to be around someone with that kind of temper. I guess all that yoga and weight loss didn't transform him as much as he claimed it did.

11. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

There are two celebrity Twitter rules:

1) Don't tweet when you are pissed off/upset/drunk/all of the above. You are almost guaranteed to type something that you will have to apologize for later.

2) If you do happen to break rule one, own up to your stupidity by giving a sincere apology that shows that you recognize and are ashamed of your own asshattery and that you will take steps to curb your asshat tenancies in the future. Making excuses, deflecting blame or trying to cover your tracks will only serve to make you look like even more of an asshat.

If you can't follow those two rules, you deserve whatever backlash you get. :p

12. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

On the radio today they said that the reports are totally untrue about Baldwin's wife tweeting during the funeral. Something about twitter's date-stamping of tweets being way off-mark. They also said that Baldwin is giving up on twitter.