AI Season 10 Finale: It's all over but the snarking.

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by LuckyCharm, May 25, 2011.

?

Who's Your Idol?

1. Scotty McCreery

14 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Lauren Alaina

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. OMG, Haley Reinhart! WTF!!

22 vote(s)
    40.7%
  4. Whoever wins Dancing With the Stars

15 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Wow they are throwing Scotty under the bus.
  2. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

I think Lauren's song was significantly better. Both were OK, but Lauren definitely had an edge in terms of material. That's hardly fair. What happened to when they would both get the same song?
  3. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

It's his first time there. Everyone else has been at least once.
  4. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Well, the stars seem aligned for Lauren. Pre-show drama & sympathy, very good performances, song about Mom, and the support of the judges. Maybe she could pull this out. Or maybe I'm just ignorant.
  5. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I think that they believe Scotty will be successful no matter what, that Lauren needs the title to be successful.
    rfisher is right - the neutral voters will be the ones to target.
  6. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I enjoy country music, but it makes for a lame finale. I want to see the final two go out and sing something :kickass:
  7. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Scotty went to a very specific crowd... ohhh David Cook! :swoon:
  8. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

David Cook's guitarist is :grope:
  9. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Can I vote none of the above?

Why is David cook singing this cover tune?
  10. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

David is :swoon: :grope:
  11. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Oh, some Gershwin to open up Glee! :D
  12. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

It could have been exciting if the singers were older. It's hard for 17 yos to sing about killin, fighting, loving, mama, trains, cheating, broken hearts, getting drunk or all the other country staples. :lol: The had to go with 17 yo friendly songs.
  13. BigB08822

I immediately saw Kulik flying across the ice in his ugly vest.
  14. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

ITA. Or at least some variety and contrast would have been nice.
  15. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

Good point. I suppose it would be inappropriate for Lauren to sing Goodbye Earl by the Dixie Chicks, eys? :p
  16. rfisher

Ya think? Even Independence Day wouldn't be right. Although I'd have love to hear Scotty do Save a horse; ride a cowboy but he'd probably blush too much. Or All my rowdy friends or even Low Places. :lol:
  17. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

18. BigB08822

19. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

I just watched Lauren's song Like My Mama Does on rickey.org. That has to be the cheesiest smaltziest song ever. And why did Ryan help her down the stairs? Does a sore throat = too feeble to walk? They were pushing the "poor widdle Wauren vibe" just a little too hard. I actually felt a little ill. Plus the song may have had more punch if her mother hadn't been chewing gum.
  20. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

:lol: I thought that was bizarre too!
  21. shuilee

shuilee New Member

I think the blatant manipulation backfired on TPTB. I voted for Scotty.....even though I'm a Pia/Haley fan and swore I would vote for a girl ever since the beginning of S10. :lol:

But honestly, Scotty has been the more consistent and better performer this season as a whole compared to Lauren, so I think Scotty deserves to win head-to-head.
  22. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

Which one, Neal (the blond lead guitarist) or Andy (rhythm guitar)?
  23. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Well-Known Member

24. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

Andy's adorable, great solo artist as well. Neal is seriously one of the best guitarists I've ever seen. Both extremely talented. David did more than just bring his buddies into his band, he brought great talent.

And there's good reason the fans dubbed them early on as DWEEB (David with the Easy on the Eyes Band). LOL
  25. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Having only watched it the one time live, I thought maybe she was tripping on her dress and he was standing there anyway so jumped in to help her?

But your theory seems more plausible now. :lol:
  26. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

As for tonight, what a snorefest. Never getting criticism produced two kids who can sing well but who had nothing to strive for, nothing to improve upon. Therefore, it really didn't feel like a finale. No excitement whatsoever.

Who do I want to win? Scotty, mainly because of the overpimping of Lauren. I guess that's not fair to her, but there you have it.

It'll be interesting to see what the producers allow in terms of who wins.
  27. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

I hate the idol songs. I think the judges set up the contestant they want to win with the song assignment. Whoever sang the mom song was gonna win. IMO

must say. . . Really enjoyed the show. Love Lauren's wardrobe choices. Who makes those clothes and where in the world in the"cool & hip" Hollywood does she find them?
  28. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I missed most of the show. Just caught each of their last songs. Maybe it's because I'm sick and on meds, but I almost fell asleep. Best performance? David Cook's. :lol: Oh, and that sixteen year-old on The Voice was better than both of them IMO.

I really don't care who wins. They both got ridiculously hyped. Lauren might have been hyped more tonight, but Scotty probably got more of a free pass during the season, though both of them got off pretty easy.
    numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I kept trying to vote for him on any of the various numbers last night, and couldn't ever get through.

They've having a viewing party here at the arena in Raleigh for anyone who wants to go, tonight. Parking is 10 dollars, so I said eff that. lol
  30. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Nigel really brought on the treacle. I'm sure both of the "first singles" will pop up at weddings here and there, but, seriously, do they really expect people to buy that sh!t?
  31. rfisher

I think you'd be surprised at how well that Mom song might play on country radio. Did you ever listed to Jesus Take the Wheel? Carrie became a star with that and made ton of money.

Lauren is 16 and Scotty is 17. Both are clean cut kids. That means their songs are going to be sweet and not edgy. If they tried to get Lauren to do some of the more edgy country songs (a al Dixie Chicks) it would not sell in the heartland. They'll have to be photographed drunk as skunks and then they can go for the more hardcore stuff. :lol:
  32. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I (like Kruss) got the impression that the skirt on her dress was too long and they were afraid she'd trip.

The Mom song was beyond nauseating. Especially since her mother does not look like someone anyone would want to emulate.
  33. rfisher

:huh: What's wrong with Lauren's mother? What can you possibly know about this woman that would make you say that?
  34. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Yeah, I didn't see anything wrong with her mother...not sure what you know what we don't.
  35. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

I didn't mention anything about her skirt, must have been someone else.

As for the mom, I've heard from people in the area that her mom would take her to karaoke bars and take over the mic so her little darling could sing the entire night away, to the chagrin of some of the customers. Somewhat of a Daddy Archuleta thing going on. Personally, I think her mom should dress her age and stop trying to look like her 15/16 year old daughter, but what do I know?

I think Scotty has the votes, but I wouldn't be surprised if the producers do what they intended the entire year and crown Lauren anyway. Nigel said before anyone ever heard her audition that she was allegedly the "next Kelly Clarkson", Steven Tyler proclaimed her "the one" right after her audition, and she's been ridiculously pimped the entire way. I believe she had bottom-3 votes a lot more than we saw. Sorry, but every sign points to the producers getting exactly what they wanted on this show that has become ridiculously scripted.

Of the two, Scotty should win, but now I'm just watching to see what the producers decide to do. Either way, credibility on this show is in the dumper.
  36. rfisher

Oh. Well, her mother sounds exactly like a skating mom or the mother of any kid in show business. :lol:
  37. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

38. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Rob, I'm with you: "None of the above"!
  39. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I doubt they'll crown Lauren. I think they probably promoted her last night to try to make it seem closer than it is and add drama. Get people to think that Lauren almost couldn't perform, but might have won. They'll be perfectly happy to have Scotty be the winner.

If they were dead set on Lauren winning instead of Scotty, they would have been critical of him during the season. Honestly, I think they've gone easier on him than maybe anyone in the competition. Which may be why he's shown the least growth and versatility of anyone. And been the most boring. Ratings for the finale were down from last year, which is quite a feat.
  40. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Whoa, that is something. Perhaps TPTB will take notice.