AI Season 10 Finale: It's all over but the snarking.

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by LuckyCharm, May 25, 2011.

?

Who's Your Idol?

1. Scotty McCreery

14 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Lauren Alaina

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. OMG, Haley Reinhart! WTF!!

22 vote(s)
    40.7%
  4. Whoever wins Dancing With the Stars

15 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

From what I heard of it, it was amazing. Devin really killed on lead guitar...

2. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

THEN WHY ARE THERE NO ROCK SONGS ON THE ALBUM? WHY IS IT FULL OF MID-TEMPO SCHLOCK?

Gah.

Sorry. I'll be over there-----> :slinkaway

3. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

LOL! *pets PL* I understand. I mean, I love the album, but I love all sorts of music. I would love to hear him rock harder on his albums, but he's apparently not doing that right now, and I genuinely do like the new album and a lot of what he's doing these days. But I know other rock fans who hate the new album, too.

And even if he did start recording rock, unfortunately there are rock snobs in the business and among the public who will never accept an "idol" as a rocker. Even though several of the idols can and do truly rock in some of their songs.

4. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

5. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

Pretty bad. In fact it stinks.

6. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

According to his twitter, Adam Lambert is going to be doing something at this Sunday's MTV EMAs (Europe Music Awards). I'm not sure what it is though.

ETA: Omg, James' VH1 performance of "Love Me Bad" is terrible. :scream: Worst professional performance I've ever seen from an Idol finalist.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  7. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Do you still have the link?

I am surprised it is so bad. Why wouldn't they retake it if he was having an off performance.

8. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

Yes, it's here, the second video down. I think the show airs live, which may be why they didn't retape. Also, judging from the third video where he performs the song again for Fox News, I'm not sure if the performance was more "off" than usual. :yikes:

9. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

Justin Bieber's musical director just tweeted:

So, I guess Adam is going to sing with Queen at the EMAs? Gaga is supposed to be doing some type of Queen tribute too. That would be crazy if all three of them were on the stage together. I really hope this is true, because it would be so COOL!

10. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

11. PrincessLeppard

12. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

Thanks!!!

13. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

14. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I heard that happen. (In fact, I think my dad jinxed her, because for some reason he happened to randomly remark, "What if she forgot the lyrics?" right before she did!) Poor kid, she must've been mortified. At least she finished it well!

15. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

I thought she was great on the show

16. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

17. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

To be fair to Scotty, everyone lipsynchs at the parades, right? I'm not sure why TMZ was making a deal out of it.

18. BigB08822

Yes, it is a requirement. TMZ must have had nothing better to talk about.

19. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I think it was because he did a bad job of lipsynching. He wasn't even moving his lips or holding the mic to his face when the "singing" started. It wasn't just TMZ. I saw it on my Yahoo front page.

20. BigB08822

Kelly Clarkson has released a Christmas single. "I'll Be Home For Christmas" is available on iTunes as of now. Already up to #40 on the chart! She is doing an 8 song iTunes exclusive out on Dec 27th. The Christmas single will be on it but they are releasing it now so people can have it before Christmas is over. I have no idea what the other tracks are but I am guessing they are redoing some favorites and probably recording some covers. I hope she records "I Know You Wont" since she has gotten so much attention for it recently. RCA finally does something right! I wish they would release it Christmas day, though, because people use up their iTunes giftcards quickly.

21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

22. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

Wow, Adam Lambert's new single, "Better Than I Know Myself," comes out on December 20! That's in five days!

His new album, "Trespassing," comes out on March 20. I'm excited for his single for sure, but my jaw dropped at the press release when I saw that Bruno Mars is one of the people that Adam got to collaborate with. I always thought that Adam would kill some of the high hooks that Bruno writes (e.g. Rocketeer). Yay! Can't wait to hear the album!

23. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

Adam's single is streaming here in HQ: http://soundcloud.com/adamofficial/better-than-i-know-myself

It's okay, IMO. So far, I liked "Whataya Want From Me" more. This sounds slightly dated, but then again, I thought the same thing about Kelly's "Mr. Know It All," and I ended up loving it a week later, haha.

24. PrincessLeppard

It's terrible. It's like something that would be on David Cook's new album, overwrought midtempo angst.

I thought Adam's album was going to be a dance album. If it all sounds like this, I'm really not interested.

25. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

:lol: I don't think it's terrible, but I don't think it's gonna be a hit. I was trying to be nice before, but there's just nothing that memorable about it, and I hate how high it goes on the chorus. It doesn't sound like David Cook at all to me but that's more due to the production than the actual song. All the other Adam fans I've seen online are flailing, but eh, I'll just wait for the album and see if there are other tracks I like more.

26. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

Sorry to double post again, but I thought I'd mention that I actually like Adam's single now, haha. I guess I needed to hear it a few more times. Sometimes, a song instantly connects with me, and sometimes it takes a bit longer. I pretty much had identical reactions to Kelly's "Mr. Know It All" and Bruno's "It Will Rain." Both I thought were terribly dated-sounding at first, but a few days later, I had them on repeat. :D

PrincessLeppard, I'm sure there will be dance tracks on the album. Adam has said so himself and so have media outlets who have listened to the album. If his first album is anything to go by, it will probably be a mix of pop, rock, and dance again. Maybe some funk too.

I just saw Kelly's new video to "Stronger." Not the video concept I envisioned, but I definitely give props to her stylist. I really like her look these past few months. Cute and glamorous. :)

27. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

28. BigB08822

Uh oh! That's not very nice, guys.

29. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

It seems unclear as to what actually happened, but here's the tweet from Adam himself:

Sauli also wrote a blog post about how everything's fine and that love isn't easy but it wins in the end.

And suddenly, the lyrics to his new song seem to make a lot of sense...:lol: :shuffle:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  30. BigB08822

Kelly's new rendition of Never Again on her iTunes session is simply remarkable. Never Again as a ballad is phenomenal.