AI Season 10 Finale: It's all over but the snarking.

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by LuckyCharm, May 25, 2011.

?

Who's Your Idol?

1. Scotty McCreery

14 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Lauren Alaina

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. OMG, Haley Reinhart! WTF!!

22 vote(s)
    40.7%
  4. Whoever wins Dancing With the Stars

15 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

I was at the grocery store yesterday and flipped through the current issue of Entertainment Weekly. The last page is the Bullseye graphic where they judge which celebs hit or missed the mark. Kelly was in the middle of the bullseye. IIRC, the caption was something about how this was a breakup album for the ages, especially tracks 2 (What Doesn't Kill You), 5 (You Love Me), and 11 (Let Me Down). :D
  2. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Mr. Know It All is growing on me. I like this performance that she just did on X Factor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zquwK82f-Ew

I heard a few more tracks. (Thanks for the "leaks" Kelly.) "The War Is Over" is my favorite of the ones I've heard so far. "What Doesn't Kill You" is made for radio. I'm kind of surprised that it wasn't her first single.

I've got to figure out which version of the album I'm going to buy.
  3. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

The War Is Over is also my favorite but it doesn't appear to get a lot of love from her hardcore fans. I am curious to see which tracks sell the best starting tomorrow when this is on iTunes. A lot of people expect I Forgive You to be a big seller but it is one of my least favorite tracks, way too repetitive.

What Doesn't Kill You should have been the first single but I think they were going for the slow burner followed by the anthem smash which is what they did so successfully during her Breakaway album run (Breakaway the song followed up by Since You Been Gone). I just wish they had released the first single a month earlier, it is still rising slowly and hasn't made a huge impact on Pop radio yet. Ideally it would have peaked and they would have released the next single by now so that it was rising fast as the album was being released. Her promo has been spectacular, though, so they have made mostly all the right moves.
  4. Allskate

Crystal makes her acting debut on Body of Proof tonight.

I finally heard Kelly's album. I'm disappointed that Kelly doesn't rock out a little more and we don't get much of stripped down, restrained Kelly. I would have liked it if they at least put "Why Don't You Try" on the album. Oh, well. I think most of her hardcore fans are probably very happy.
  5. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

I haven't heard her album in full, but I went through all of the iTunes previews. I agree about "Why Don't You Try." Her voice is so awesome on it. It was really smart of her label to make that an "Album Only" track.
  6. Allskate

The album is streaming here:
    http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/1

It's an ITunes only bonus track. :( So, the majority of people who buy her album won't have it. I would have preferred for them to include it as part of the album. It drives me crazy when only certain places have a particular track (and drives me even crazier if they do more than one special version so that you have to buy more than one album to get all the tracks).

To be honest, if Amazon hadn't had the album for sale at $5, I probably would not have bought it. I would have bought just a few tracks. There's not enough of the kinds of Kelly songs I like on the album. And I wasn't going to pay an extra $6 just to get "Why Don't You Try." I would have liked more variety on the album. But, as I said, most of Kelly's fans probably prefer her pop songs and are happy with the album as it is and may not even care for "Why Don't You Try." That's probably why her label didn't include that track on the album.

Kelly's doing VH1 Unplugged. I'll be curious to see which tracks from "Stronger" she does there.
  7. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

I'm sure labels are thinking this translates into increased sales from the hardcore fans who are willing to buy anything, including four versions of the album.

Although, the deluxe version on iTunes contains eighteen tracks. That seems like a lot! Not bad for one vendor. I don't know if Kelly is releasing more bonus tracks elsewhere.
  8. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

Just scored tickets to David Cook's Milwaukee show yesterday, and today they announce one for Chicago. :lol:

Going to both, but doing VIP for only one. I'm looking forward more to attending soundcheck than I am meeting him again and getting another picture. Taking my sister, who's never been to one of his shows.

Very profitable day. :respec:
  9. Allskate

I'm sure this is true and the benefits are even greater when they get something in return from these vendors in exhange for the bonus tracks. I understand the logic behind it, but I still find it incredibly annoying.

:lol: Have fun and let us know how the shows are.
  10. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

Thanks, I will!
  11. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Well-Known Member

So he's coming to Omaha. But I HATE the new album. A lot.

Decisions, decisions......
  12. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

I love the album, a lot. I enjoy when he rocks and when he's more quiet; the voice carries through and the layers/instrumentation/etc on this album is fantastic. So far he seems to be doing a great job playing it live, too. But I know a lot of rocker fans who dislike it.

He's covering the following (so far): The Hand That Feeds by Nine Inch Nails, Movin' Out by Billy Joel (not my favorite), In the Meantime by Spacehog, and Stockholm Syndrome by Muse, which is outstanding.

He's got a new lead guitarist who's doing a great job, though I do miss Neal.
  13. Allskate

Kruss, how much of the show does he spend on the new stuff?

I don't hate the new album, but it's my least favorite.
  14. PrincessLeppard

If he does Declaration or Fall Back into Me, I will go.
  15. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Didn't see this posted - Steven Tyler apparently took a nasty fall in the shower while in Paraguay for a concert. The article linked below has several pictures (as well as a video at the bottom of the page of a Today Show phone interview about the accident).

Article

There's a picture of his face following the accident, and all I can say is :eek: :yikes: :scream: - he looks like he got into a fight with a baseball bat and lost.
  16. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

About half and half, depending on the evening.

I believe he's done Declaration, althought it hasn't made every show. And do you mean Let Me Fall For You? He's doing that one almost every show, and it's my favorite. He's also surprising with a few songs done acoustically. He finished the show the other night not only acoustically but solo.
  17. BigB08822

18. PrincessLeppard

No, I mean Fall Back Into Me from Analog Heart. I hate everything on the new album. If someone else did the same music, I would just find it boring, but since I expected so much more from David, I can't even listen to it. I made it through the album three times, and it actually got worse for me each time through. :(
  19. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

I think I remember you telling me you don't like the slow songs. Do you like any slow songs at all or are you a fan of only harder rock?

By the way, he just covered "Rock and Roll" by Led Zeppelin about 1/2 hour ago onstage. :)
  20. PrincessLeppard

21. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

From what I heard of it, it was amazing. Devin really killed on lead guitar...
  22. PrincessLeppard

THEN WHY ARE THERE NO ROCK SONGS ON THE ALBUM? WHY IS IT FULL OF MID-TEMPO SCHLOCK?

Gah.

Sorry. I'll be over there-----> :slinkaway
  23. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

LOL! *pets PL* I understand. I mean, I love the album, but I love all sorts of music. I would love to hear him rock harder on his albums, but he's apparently not doing that right now, and I genuinely do like the new album and a lot of what he's doing these days. But I know other rock fans who hate the new album, too.

And even if he did start recording rock, unfortunately there are rock snobs in the business and among the public who will never accept an "idol" as a rocker. Even though several of the idols can and do truly rock in some of their songs.
  24. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

25. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

Pretty bad. In fact it stinks.
  26. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

According to his twitter, Adam Lambert is going to be doing something at this Sunday's MTV EMAs (Europe Music Awards). I'm not sure what it is though.

ETA: Omg, James' VH1 performance of "Love Me Bad" is terrible. :scream: Worst professional performance I've ever seen from an Idol finalist.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  27. BigB08822

Do you still have the link?

I am surprised it is so bad. Why wouldn't they retake it if he was having an off performance.
  28. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

Yes, it's here, the second video down. I think the show airs live, which may be why they didn't retape. Also, judging from the third video where he performs the song again for Fox News, I'm not sure if the performance was more "off" than usual. :yikes:
  29. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

Justin Bieber's musical director just tweeted:

So, I guess Adam is going to sing with Queen at the EMAs? Gaga is supposed to be doing some type of Queen tribute too. That would be crazy if all three of them were on the stage together. I really hope this is true, because it would be so COOL!
  30. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

31. PrincessLeppard

32. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

Thanks!!!
  33. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

34. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I heard that happen. (In fact, I think my dad jinxed her, because for some reason he happened to randomly remark, "What if she forgot the lyrics?" right before she did!) Poor kid, she must've been mortified. At least she finished it well!
  35. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

I thought she was great on the show
  36. Allskate

37. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

To be fair to Scotty, everyone lipsynchs at the parades, right? I'm not sure why TMZ was making a deal out of it.
  38. BigB08822

Yes, it is a requirement. TMZ must have had nothing better to talk about.
  39. Allskate

I think it was because he did a bad job of lipsynching. He wasn't even moving his lips or holding the mic to his face when the "singing" started. It wasn't just TMZ. I saw it on my Yahoo front page.
  40. BigB08822

Kelly Clarkson has released a Christmas single. "I'll Be Home For Christmas" is available on iTunes as of now. Already up to #40 on the chart! She is doing an 8 song iTunes exclusive out on Dec 27th. The Christmas single will be on it but they are releasing it now so people can have it before Christmas is over. I have no idea what the other tracks are but I am guessing they are redoing some favorites and probably recording some covers. I hope she records "I Know You Wont" since she has gotten so much attention for it recently. RCA finally does something right! I wish they would release it Christmas day, though, because people use up their iTunes giftcards quickly.