AI (April 13th and 14th) - The Top 9 (Again) - It’s Now Or Ever (For Two Of Them...)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Apr 13, 2010.

That’s (More Than) Alright, Mama! (Vote For Everybody You Liked Tonight)

1. Aaron Kelly

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  2. Andrew Garcia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Casey James

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  4. Crystal Bowersox

43 vote(s)
    74.1%
  5. Katie Stevens

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
  6. Lee DeWyze

35 vote(s)
    60.3%
  7. Michael Lynche

22 vote(s)
    37.9%
  8. Siobhan Magnus

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  9. Tim Urban

23 vote(s)
    39.7%
  10. Can’t Help Falling In Love…WITH EVERY SINGLE PERFORMANCE TONIGHT!!!! :cheer2:

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Nobody Was Close To Good (Or Even Mediocre...Return To Sender!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. American Idol Was On? I Was Watching DWTS and Lost!

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Dear Lord. It's on the list on possible songs. Just kill me.

2. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

But as long as its not Tim, or Aaron, you're good, right? :lol:

3. PrincessLeppard

Not really. I was just trying to be nice.

:scream:

4. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

we should watch together - why hurl something at two TVs and destroy them, when we can do a group hurl and save one of the TVs

5. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Me too..also Wind Beneath My Wings, anything by Celine Dion, or You Light Up my Life.

6. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

for me it's The Greatest Love of All and I Believe I Can Fly that will get me to destroy my own tv

7. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Interesting article on Ryan's antics:

Seacrest Out of It

8. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

9. Sally1214

Sally1214 Active Member

Whoah ... I hadn't heard the uptempo version before. Thanks so much for the link. Although I still much prefer the hauntingly beautiful slower version, it's always fun to hear Adam change things up.

I thought Adam did just fine as a mentor this week; and, as expected, was several shades of awesome during his performance tonight. I could take the hair being just a bit flatter on top ... sometimes less is more. But, that is really nitpicking. With that incredible voice .... well, he can wear his hair anyway he darn pleases. :rockstar:

10. pollyanna

pollyanna playing the Glad Game

I believe that's the same article that I linked to/posted here. ;)

11. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Save your TVs. Watch DWTS results show and throw something soft when Kate is saved yet again. On second thought, TV sales may increase dramatically next weekend.

12. shells

shells New Member

She has something like 80 million kids doesn't she? They all must be voting, she'll probably win the whole thing. :lol:

ETA: I am not looking forward to this inspirational song theme. It seems to me that you have to be a really, really strong singer to pull them off, and with the exception of Crystal, there aren't any of those on Idol this year.

13. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people are left cold by Michael but he has one of the strongest voices on the show and that would be true of any season. He doesn't always inject much personality into his songs but he is practically flawless in the vocal department. I think inspirational songs will be his strongest week if he goes the gospel route.

pollyanna and (deleted member) like this.
  14. rfisher

I could applaud a good gospel song. It's that saccharine crap I fear.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  15. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Tim Urban is #4 in our poll of the nine people who sang Tuesday night. Apparently 16 of you watched a different show than I did!!! :lol: (You do know that "voting for the worst" doesn't work in our poll, right??) ;)

16. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Wow, is that true? Obviously I have a tin ear. I think he is just awful. I don't even think his voice is strong enough to do High School Musical. My husband & I just cringed Tuesday night when he sang. He hit so many bad notes we were putting our hands over our ears.

17. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

ITA. He has become much more obnoxious. The Brian Dinkelman comment was totally unnecessary and petty.

I know! At least have them lip synch to their own processed voices and get the timing a little better. :lol:

No kidding. And I really didn't think that Katie was one of the worst two. I think Tim handed over some of his cheese to Aaron and borrowed some of Katie's robotics for his singing. I'm guessing that the producers have given up on Aaron and decided to back Tim and his idiotic grin and hair instead.

I'll join you. I cannot stand that song. And it would be even worse being sung by a pageant boy. I think Crystal will nail the inspirational song. Mike will be good if he can control the corniness. I'm sure Casey can find an inspriational blues-influenced song. I'm afraid Lee might go for one of Nickelback's inspirational songs. Aaron will probably find a country religious song. Tim might go for the patriotic vote.

18. rfisher

Lee Greenwood: God Bless the USA. :D

Deadliest Catch is on Tuesday. I'm thinking bleeped out f**k will be more entertaining.

19. Allskate

Yes. Done acoustically. He'll have to do away with the grin for a couple of minutes. Will he go with the closed eyes or the unblinking eyes?

Lady Antebellum taped a performance for a future AI episode. I wonder if that means we have country week coming up.

20. my little pony

isnt Shania Twain a mentor later in the season?

21. PrincessLeppard

Are you guys trying to make me jump out my window? It was bad enough when that vapid bint in David Cook's season did it (and then I had to sit through it LIVE :scream: ), but if Tim grins his way through an acoustic version, I'm just going to have to off myself.

22. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

You NEVER listen to me!! :wuzrobbed:

:p

KatieC, shan, my little pony and 7 others like this.
  23. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I hope Country Week is really soon, like the week after next since we already know what next week is. I have been hoping Lady Antebellum would go on Idol and get enough of a sales boost to take #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. They have been so close. Now their song is starting to lose spins on Pop radio or is at the very least evening out. If their performance airs in 2 weeks then they may have a high enough audience impression in addition to the sales boost to take #1. I hope it happens for them! The last Billboard #1 on the Hot 100 for a country artist was LoneStar, wasn't it? (Not counting Carrie Underwood's single release after Idol because it was NOT a country single).

24. Allskate

She dropped out once she learned that John Park got the boot. ;)

It kept her in the competition. And Tim may grin like an idiot, but I think he's very savvy when it comes to manipulating the audience. He'll either go the religion route, the patriotism route, or both like Kristy Lee whatever. I'll bet he throws in a thank-you to the troops.

25. Nickel

Nickel New Member

Uh huh.

26. my little pony

if he says he had to sell his horse to be there, I call shenanigans

taf2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  27. shan

shan Well-Known Member

((Peter))

:lol:

If he said that I would :rofl: and maybe vote for him!!! :scream:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

This may just be a ploy by 19E to get Tim and Aaron off our TV screens. Can anyone really see the tweens voting for ANY of the incipidspirational songs? This is a blatant prop of Michael and Lee.

29. rfisher

Naw. It's just Fox's effort to tug at heart strings so people will give money and they can chalk up another community service check mark.

30. shuilee

shuilee Well-Known Member

Wow you may be right! I've always thought Tim was just another pretty-boy dumb jock who can sing a little, but he's actually very clever with song choices and knows how to manipulate the teen girl audience (I think he's picked a song with "Love" in the title for like 4 weeks in a row now, and notice he's suddenly wearing tight, unbuttoned t-shirts ). I see him as the male KLC, not male Sanjaya --- and that makes Tim a lot more dangerous in terms of advancing deep into season 9. He's a lot more savvy than his pretty boy looks suggests.

P.S. There are pics on internet of Tim doing a missionary trip in Africa (playing with African children) and of course, his brother is in the Marines. If Tim chooses to pimp his backstory on Idol Gives Back, he just might land into the AI9 finals because he'll gain the Christian vote and Patriotic vote to go along with the Tween vote.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010