AI (April 13th and 14th) - The Top 9 (Again) - It’s Now Or Ever (For Two Of Them...)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Apr 13, 2010.

?

That’s (More Than) Alright, Mama! (Vote For Everybody You Liked Tonight)

1. Aaron Kelly

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  2. Andrew Garcia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Casey James

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  4. Crystal Bowersox

43 vote(s)
    74.1%
  5. Katie Stevens

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
  6. Lee DeWyze

35 vote(s)
    60.3%
  7. Michael Lynche

22 vote(s)
    37.9%
  8. Siobhan Magnus

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  9. Tim Urban

23 vote(s)
    39.7%
  10. Can’t Help Falling In Love…WITH EVERY SINGLE PERFORMANCE TONIGHT!!!! :cheer2:

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Nobody Was Close To Good (Or Even Mediocre...Return To Sender!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. American Idol Was On? I Was Watching DWTS and Lost!

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Michael's superb vocals make In the Ghetto one of the best tonight.

2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

the best cover of In The Ghet-to is still by Eric Cartman, that wasnt poorly sung but it never seemed to get off the ground and go anywhere

3. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

The length of Katie's shirt reminds me of a Carolina Kostner skating dress. :p

4. my little pony

Katie is wearing everything at Hot Topic all at once

5. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I'm not hearing pitch problems tonight. good. Katie delivers a good vocal as well.

6. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm with Simon, I find Katie annoying too!!

7. my little pony

I'm tired of this ad for the Jennifer Lopez movie where she is artificially inseminated or something. It looks bad. Making me watch this ad over and over for like a month before it even comes out wont help. Welcome to an early DVD release.

8. mindy74

mindy74 Well-Known Member

wtf is Ryan smoking tonight?

9. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Casey!! :swoon: Lawdy lawdy lawdy!! :grope:

10. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Casey does a good job as well; I didn't care much for the song.

11. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Maybe Ryan found some stash of Paula's that she forgot.

12. mindy74

mindy74 Well-Known Member

:lol:

I think everybody was just kind of okay tonight. Nothing horrendously bad (although Aaron came close) but nothing amazing either.

13. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Bottom three should be Aaron, Andrew and Tim, maybe Katie.

14. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

I think Ryan is just so excited about the Glee premiere that he's incoherent.

15. my little pony

he cant wait to get home, get out his manicure kit, put on a mud mask, pop open a box of tofutti cuties and text about the show with Jennifer Love Hewitt

16. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I disagree with you all - I liked Aaron tonight.

Crystal and Siobhan won the night for me.
    Katie and Michael were next
    Lee, Aaron and Casey.

Tim was forgettable.

Not good at all: Andrew

17. my little pony

Andrew is from the Kate Gosselin school of inexplicable fan bases, he may never go home.

18. kedrin

kedrin Active Member

tha twas Ryan and one of the floor managers.

my boss got tickets- so we got to go see it live. I haven't watched this season, so this is really the first time I've seen any of them perform. I liked Tim, and Crystal, of course. I'd send Andrew home- not sure who with, however.

boss' friend flew in from out of state wiht her ten year old son, who had made a sign- Kara- My dad and grand-dad think you're a fox! she saw it- and made a point of coming up to chat- and autographed the sign! very sweet, actually, because we were up towards the back.

19. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

It's almost not even fun anymore to watch Crystal trample all over the competition. She is so far and away my favorite contestant that it's beyond ridiculous.

I thought Tim was actually one of the better ones of the night vocally.

Andrew was so bad I'm pretty sure he sucked the smog right out of LA.

Indifferent about Siobhan, Casey, and Katie this week.

I think I got a mini man-crush on Lee :slinkaway

20. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

It will be a travesty is Crystal doesn't win this thing. Frankly, IMO the rest are all competing for second. And I bet they all know it.

After Crystal there were only a couple of good performances. I liked Lee a lot, made JPL's version sound lame. :lol: Katie wasn't bad either, and stunningly, Tim did a good job. Big Mike was the best of the rest, good enough to stay another week.

Casey was boring frankly. IMO he should have done a Roadhouse version of that song, maybe with slide guitar. Siobahn is so predicable, unless she's screaming she's not singing. It's the difference between a singer and a performer. Aaron had a wrong song choice and it showed.

And poor Andrew. I keep thinking he's going to have a breakthrough week....and it never comes. At least he got to go on the tour, because he wont see next week.

21. shells

shells New Member

I'm bored with Crystal. There's never anything new, she always sounds exactly the same, and she really just bores me. Siobhan sounded like a really bad light rock singer last night. Straight from some easy listening station.

I thought Tim was really good, and Katie wasn't far behind him. I know they're annoying kids, but in terms of singing, they really hit the mark last night. I also love Lee, but agree that he was missing just a little bit of something last night. Same goes for Casey.

Based on Elvis week, I'd send Andrew and Aaron home tonight.

22. cruisin

cruisin Banned Member

I have that feeling every time she sings. I don't know if it's me, or what, but she always sounds flat, unless she is going for the occasional power note. And what is with the "Bride of Frankenstein" hair? She is a very pretty girl, it's like she goes out of her way to look awful.

Crystal was awesome, as usual. I agree with whoever said, if she doesn't win it's a travesty.

I liked big Mike's "In the Ghetto". He didn't change the melody, but he made it more of a ballad. And he really showed how good his voice is. There is something about him that is just so endearing, I'm glad he's still on.

Casey was good. The rest, nothing special.

I thought Tim Urban was awful. Maybe they liked him because he sounded like he really is in a High School glee club. :lol:

23. icecat

icecat Active Member

Any bets Disney signs him on for High School Musical Next generation???:rofl:

24. cruisin

cruisin Banned Member

That would probably be a very good move.

25. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Meh. Crystal rocked and most of the rest were boring. I'd send home Andrew along with one of the tween dream boys. I thought that Mike was much better than Tim with a similar approach. Tim's phrasing sucked and Mike has a better tone. (With that particular song choice, Tim was bound to sound weak in comparison to the original.) But, I just don't think Mike gets what the judges are saying about his performing style. When Adam told him to try to engage in storytelling and bring that out in the performance, Mike said the judges were telling him not to do that. He doesn't get the difference between storytelling and over the top karaoke cheese.

I thought Katie had one of her best vocals. Definitely better than Andrew's and Tim's, and she sold it a little better than usual. So, it will be a shame if they stay and she leaves. But, I wouldn't be too upset.

I get what Siobhan was saying about not wanting to be labeled, but she really was erratic within the same performance last night and it did start off kind of boring.

Yeah, cast Tim as Zac Efron's cousin in High School Musical 10 and cast Aaron as Taylor Swift's little brother in some pop country musical film. Aaron really looked like he was trying to play grown up.

I thought Adam did a good job.

26. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I feel confident Andrew will go home, probably with Katie or Aaron. I don't think Mike will leave because his fans probably voted 10x as much as they normally would. It might be enough to pull him from last to safe. Are they combining votes from last week with this week?

27. Allskate

They're not combining votes. I think you're right. Mike definitely will be safe. He performed much better this week and his fans will be worried after last week. It will be Andrew, Aaron, and Katie in the bottom three (though it's possible Tim will slip in there) with Andrew being one of the ones to go home.

28. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I wouldn't count on it. The tweens are clearly leading the voting this year... sending all the mediocre girls home before even touching the boys/men who were worse. Lots of 9/10 year old girls think that Aaron is just TOO cute. I'm guessing Andrew, Katie and Siobhan.

29. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

In my continuing quest to get Andrew off this show :lol: I mostly split my votes between Tim, Mike and Katie, with the hope of helping to push Andrew to the bottom of the pile. Don't really care who goes with him, though hopefully Aaron.

If Big Mike gets voted off again tonight, I'll die from :rofl:!
    On the other hand if Andrew stays I'll :yikes::blah::wuzrobbed and :wall:

30. Allskate

Either Aaron or Tim have been in the bottom three almost every week. I do think some of the tween girls like Katie, too. The tweens seem to be splitting their votes largely between Aaron, Tim, and Katie. So, there's definitely a chance of either Aaron or Tim getting into the bottom three. (Aaron's fans might be motivated to vote for him this week, though, since he was in the bottom three last week.) Also, I don't think it's just the tweens that sent the more talented girls home. There are plenty of adults who simply gave their votes to Crystal or Siobhan (or Casey or Tim) instead of giving them to people like Lily or Katelynn. But, it really wouldn't surprise me to see Siobhan in the bottom three, though not necessarily because of the tween voting. I think her performances have gotten worse and more tiresome in recent weeks.