AGT the new season Will our new Prince come?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Jun 1, 2011.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Who will top the Prince this season?

I saw Michael Grimm's new CD the other day.

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

eh? What is AGT?

3. rfisher

America's Got Talent. It's on NBC.

I thought the unicycle guy was going to kill himself.

4. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

5. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

Amazing voice on the bald guy who just sang, "In the Arms of the Angels".:eek:

6. rfisher

Even more amazing is that he said he'd never performed in front of an audience before. I thought his nerves were going to kill him at first, but once he started singing, he was great. I normally hate that song, but I'd actually buy that from him.

7. rfisher

PML at the cowboy trying the rope trick. I thought he'd seriouly hurt himself when he fell and hit the saddle horn. :rofl:

OK. I'm 12. I was LOL at the farting guy.

I want a parrot.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  8. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Nick has grown on me more than I expected when he first joined this show. I'm glad it's back.

9. rfisher

The dance troupe from Miami, the bike guys and the kid with the fire were all great Vegas acts. I'd rather see them than the singers.

Those kids are an overdose of cute.

Whoa. That guy who took a header off the stage. And I think those girls were annoyed with Sharon and Piers.

Diaper guys :eek:

10. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I would be so embarassed if those were my professors.

That dancing act with the lights was probably better live than on tv.

11. rfisher

That dance troupe with the lights and computer was awesome!

12. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

The 3 little kids rapping were pretty bad. Cute but bad. I don't think these 3 judges can say no to little kids. And then they end up having to cut them in Vegas.

My favorites were the dancers from Miami (except I think they need to cut down the number of dancers) & the bald singer. The light show was inventive but not my idea of entertainment.

I didn't like the 1st magician but the 2nd one was amazing.

13. genevieve

this episode is interminable :yawn:

loved the guy who sang "Angel" - really original sounding take on it, loved his voice, and I can't believe he's NEVER performed before an audience before :eek: No wonder he kept his eyes closed the whole time :lol:

I can't believe we had to see Double Dream Hands guy :scream:

the Miami dance group showed promise but there weren't all that - if you get that many people on a stage doing unison, that unison better be completely CRISP, and it wasn't. I did love their energy though.

PML at the girl who sassed Sharon. loved the "America's Got Attitude" comment :lol:

the light dance thing at the end... was cool, but also looked like something Laurie Anderson would have done in the '80s. Agree that it probably looks cooler on stage than on the tv screen. The dancing in blackout was very good, but as far as the light technology goes, I liked the college guys from last year better. I found them more original and engaging. I do look forward to seeing how they can go bigger with this act.

14. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I posted a video in an old AGT thread where Prince Poppycock traveled to Italy and filmed it. I need to find it and see if he ever posted the other videos.

15. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

This week's episode is on

16. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

so far, I have not been impressed.

17. rfisher

I really liked the kids. I think Pierce was just being an ass by telling her he'd vote yes only if she'd go without her brothers. They'll work extra hard to show him. I also liked the Kenyan acrobatic team. They would be awesome in Vegas. They could get a lion for the act!

I don't care about finding the next pop star. I prefer the variety acts, but mostly I just like being entertained each week.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  18. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

I liked those 2 acts as well.

19. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

oh and the comedian at the very beginning wasn't that bad either;)

20. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I liked the comedian too. She did Kathy Griffin pretty good! I haven't really watched this show much in the past, so don't know if he usally does it, but the funniest parts are when Howie picks on Piers and plays pranks on him! :lol:

21. genevieve

I like the comedian best tonight, although the Kenyan acrobats were very cool. I agreed with Piers that the girl really is the star of that group, but it was ridiculous that he wanted to only put her forward and not the rest of the group. Glad they got through and I hope their electric set really is good.

Whee, I remember when the auditions were here, but it was still a kick to see the lovely Paramount Theatre on the show :)

22. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Actually I agreed with Piers, I thought the boys were pretty mediocre, but I thought he could have discussed it with her after the show. And if the electric set isn't any better, then I think she should either go as a single or else I would cut the whole group.

The comedianne was my fav tonight & the Kenya guys 2nd. I thought Howie was ridiculous tonight. Why does he want to put no talent people through?

23. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I think he does it just to annoy Piers. :lol:

24. rfisher

I think those acts are audience fillers. They aren't intended to be real.

25. Nan

Nan Just me

I think so, too. Piers, however, has his "moments." Watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjl--wz5Ud8

It starts about the 7 minute mark and goes through to the end. Stay with it, it's worth watching. :D

26. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

The comedian was awesome, tonight! My favorite by far.

27. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

I thought the comedian was only okay until she did Kathy Griffin. She nailed it.

28. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Of course they are. But I just find them annoying, & then when they get a yes from any of the 3 it just becomes ridiculous & unpleasant. And the sniping between Piers & Howie gets old very fast. You don't send someone to Vegas just to annoy the other judge. That's stupid.

29. NancyNC

NancyNC Well-Known Member

The sniping can get old, but then I just remember that we are no longer being subjected to the Hoff and the world becomes bright and sunny again. :lol:

HisWeirness and (deleted member) like this.
  30. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

:lol: You're absolutely right!