Age Discrepancies for Chinese Skaters

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by oleada, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

:cheer2: :respec:

I love you. :encore:

2. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

:respec:

3. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Not only redistributing what they won and what they shouldn't have been eligible for but I bet if you recalculate the numbers for the GPF there would have been movement there too, T/T getting in and I/M getting the bronze.

Stolbova/Klimov would have still gone to the Jr GPF but they would have won.

What a mess :rolleyes:

4. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Wow, Oleada. I didn't know you had a long history of being anti-Chinese all over the internet! Must have happened recently!

5. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

Shocking? Nah.

At the end of the day, expect there will be no punishment.

6. letsskate

letsskate New Member

So, a Chinese friend of mine told me that on the Chinese figure skating forum, people are saying that it must be the russian, US, Canadian Feds that are jealous of the kinds of talents that China is having, so they make up this rumor about chinese skaters so their skaters can win competitions......

i'm... speechless....

7. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Wow

8. equatorial

equatorial New Member

An expected reaction. I just don't see anything to be jealous of. It's not like Chinese skaters are anywhere nearly as successful as their gymnasts. One of the reasons for perpetrating age fraud (IF the Chinese fed is guilty of it) might have been the fact that, after initial huge promise, Chinese skating program is currently far from being in a a stellar state. Pairs seems to be a bright spot, sort of. But Z/Z's career has floundered, P/T are aging out slowly but surely, and the Chinese Fed needed to put S/Z back on the competition circuit to guarantee the gold in Vancouver. Singles started fabulously with Chen Lu's success and, later, with Chinese men landing quads and getting into elite ranks, and look at the Chinese single skaters' placements recently. Ice dance isn't progressing much either. Sui/Han is the only realistic medal hope for them at the moment. The Federation must be feeling tremendous pressure for not delivering enough. They need to show success - any success, anywhere, by any means.

9. benedict_david

benedict_david New Member

Another two discrepencies found in 2007/10/29 document.... Chinese seems to be REALLY bad at math, though ironic it sounds.

Wenbo Zang
    ISU bio: 19.06.1996
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012586.htm
    Listed: 1995/06/19

Zuoren Xu
    ISU Bio: 02.02.1992
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012834.htm
    Listed: 1992/12/02

And Han Yan as mentioned before.
    ISU bio: 06.03.1996
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012352.htm
    Listed:1994/03/06

Amazing how many discrepencies we can find just in 2007/10/29 document!

http://translate.google.com/transla...s.sport.org.cn/File/2007/10/29/1531155992.xls

10. Squibble

Squibble New Member

China's ruling body launches probe into questioned figure skaters' age

:watch:

11. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

Wow, you can just smell the ink from the passport mill.

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  12. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

On a selfish note, I hope they just hold S/H back a year. They have a wonderful personality and spark on the ice and I'd hate to see her hurt. Although, she will probably outgrow him.

Well done all FSU posters who used facts and not speculation to bring this to light. Regardless of what happens officially, the ISU and all the federations will know. :respec:

13. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

I think they should just throw the age restrictions out, as the alledged reason for them, doesn't seem to be working. I was amazed at the jump content of some of the below senior status competitors at US Nationals. Where is the protection of the health of the skater? No better than it was before imo.

14. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I know english isn't Dr. Rogge's first language, but the word "solved" doesn't inspire me very much. That's not the word you use when you suspect someone of cheating and want to root out the cheaters. That's a word you use when you have a problem and you want to stop the problem from being, well, problematic.

OTOH, no one can accuse him of a rush to judgment :rolleyes:

15. dupa

dupa Home Sweet Home

For selfish reasons I wish they would just move the GP event from China back to Germany! Screw them. I'd go to Germany before I'd go to China.

genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  16. hustcu

hustcu New Member

I disagree.
    If it is moved to Germany, three GPs are in Europe. It is unfair. It should be moved to Korea because of Yuna.
    Europe: Russia, France
    America: U.S., Canada
    Asia: Japan, Korea:D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  17. equatorial

equatorial New Member

No, busloads of Yunabots reach even the remotest corners of the world when she is skating there, wreaking havoc and insulting aesthetic sensibilities of other FS fans. Who wants to go and spend time with Yunabots in their natural habitat?! Plus, Brian Orser wouldn't be bringing any of his skaters to the Land of the Morning Yuna :lol:

dupa and (deleted member) like this.
  18. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

To be fair, fans in South Korea are very supportive, evident from the ice show from Hyundai card/IMG every year wherein Yuna didn't even participate. It's not like Yuna will be competing in GP series anyway. Korea will be perfect location. And who cares about Brian Orser not bringing his skaters, as if they're very special. :lol:

19. dupa

dupa Home Sweet Home

I will NEVER attend another event YuNa enters.

allezfred and (deleted member) like this.
  20. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

Who gives a sh*t?! It's NOT the end of the world. :lol:

21. dupa

dupa Home Sweet Home

Not for me I assure you.

22. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

I will enjoy skating. No matter who is in the ice. Whatever place it will be held. I don't take it personally. :lol:

On Topic: I doubt this issue will be resolved.

23. dupa

dupa Home Sweet Home

Have fun fending off the yunabots. You can have them. :):p

24. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

You have no idea how to deal with them. And it's PURE entertainment. :p:lol:

25. dupa

dupa Home Sweet Home

Not when it's the SKATING that you want to entertain you. But to each their own. :lol:

Allen and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

It is good that this is discovered in the name of fairness!

At the same time I cannot help but be sad for the Chinese skaters who will suffer from this like stripped medals or worse not being able to compete next year even if they are age-eligible if there is a ban or so.
    It is always the people who are not at fault who suffer. :( Like the people who couldn't go to the Olympics for political reasons in Moscow or Los Angeles.
    Sniff. :(

27. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

Wow. :lol:

28. dupa

dupa Home Sweet Home

:lol: :lol: Can't tell you're one of them from this little exchange. Nope, not at all. But I'm sure you must have the last word so I'll let you have it. :lol: :lol:

29. brina

brina Well-Known Member

I have a feeling nothing will come of this, since all they have to do is print out the proper paperwork and send it over (whether the dates are accurate or not). What's to say the website isn't full of typos?

30. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

I just changed my location just for you. :lol: