Adult-Onset Skating Syndrome (AOSS)

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by Hedwig, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

:lol:
    I have it!

2. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

I've had it for years. I used to do #2, except I wasn't waiting for a bus. It was either when I was filling up the gas tank or pondering the office vending machine choices.

3. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I have my own version of #2.

You practice double jumps in the elevator lobby to take advantage of the high ceiling and padded floors. In case the head of your group walks in while this happens, you just shrug and explain you ice skate. He was completely :huh: :confused:

4. Hedwig

:rofl:

I was doing some off-ice yesterday in the train station when I waited for my train in the middle of Paris. People looked at me as if I was a freak. (Which I admittedly was at that moment but I was soooo bored)
    It is good that Spiralgirl was already gone as she was already ashamed of Mella and me when we did a sprinting race in the middle of the town after our skating lesson. :shuffle:
    ;)

My next number on the list is that my boss asks me regularly if I can do any doubles or triples yet and I always explain very earnestly what I am doing at the moment and that I still don't have all my singles.

5. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Oh yes, there are a lot of us. Although since my dogs like to chew I wouldn't dare have them fetch my skates! But work definitely gets planned around skating sessions :shuffle: (hey, I freelance; flexibility is among the many advantages, and I never waste work time in meetings!)

6. Hedwig

I discovered a new one today:

a) You get up at a time where you would normally throw someting at your alarm clock and are in a good mood because you go skating. And then you spent 3.5 hours going back and forth to the rink, skating and showering for 1.25h of skating...