Adult Competition Scheduled for February 18, 2012 - Artesia, CA

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by SK8RX, Dec 3, 2011.

1. SK8RX

SK8RX New Member

From the Los Angeles Figure Skating Club website:

LAFSC Adult Open Competition
    February 18, 2012

We are pleased to announce that the Los Angeles Figure Skating Club will be hosting an All Adult Competition on Saturday, February 18, 2012, at the East West Ice Palace in Artesia.

This will be the perfect warm up for Adult Sectionals and Adult Nationals. Gold and Master FS events will be scored under IJS. We will also have a full slate of other events, including interpretive and compulsory events.

Link to announcement and registration may be found at the following link:

http://lafsc.org/2011/11/30/2012-adult-mid-winter-warmup-open-championships-registration-open/
  2. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

There is no link to an announcement on that page.
  3. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

4. Debbie S

Thanks! I didn't even see the different color. :eek:
  5. Rochelle

Rochelle New Member

I'll see you there, whomever is competing. :)
  6. Debbie S

Oh, I wish I lived close enough - would love to see the 'Kwan rink'. But I'm on the opposite coast. Good luck! :)
  7. Rochelle

Rochelle New Member

If finances and work are not the issue, it's not too far of a drive from three major LA airports. :) It's likely warmer than your part of the east coast, unless you're in FL. You can always make it a mini-vacation and see some sites Saturday evening/Sunday and Monday AM before flying back (assuming you're off of work on President's day).

I'm flying in from the Midwest, actually. It's a federal holiday three day weekend, and my significant other is down in San Diego, so it's just part of one of my normal trips out to see him.

The DBNAI Wyadotte adult-only competition in the Detroit, MI suburbs is also occurring that same weekend, if that's a closer option for you. :)
  8. Debbie S

At this point, it looks like I'm just going to do Adult Easterns. I don't have a FS or Interp program, so I'll just be doing CM. The announcement isn't out yet, but I hope the elements for my level are those that I can do. Haven't competed in almost 5 years. ;)
  9. Rochelle

Rochelle New Member

Ah, that will be fantastic for you! Perhaps just sticking to compulsory events will help ease your way back into competition? They tend to also have compulsory spins, and sometimes jumps, and most of the adult sectionals. I hope you have a great time there at Eastern Sectionals. :)

It would be nice if Adult Nationals found it's way over to the East Coast again soon. I know it's been at Lake Placid quite a bit (I didn't go in 2008), but the rest of the east coast could benefit form an opportunity to have it. Hopefully the right club will bid in the right year and the East will have it again soon.