Adelina Sotnikova uber thread

DobrinFan

Figure skater Sotnikova told that stands for hire with a back injury

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20150912/862517790.html

SOCHI, September 12 - R-Sport, Andrew Simonenko.
Olympic champion in the women's figure skating Adelina Sotnikova told that appears on the control Russian skating team with a back injury.

On Saturday in Sochi Sports Palace "puck" Sotnikova skated the short program, falling from one of the jumps.Figure skater because of injuries missed almost all of last season.

"Quite by accident received last week back injury, because it did not act on the City Day in Moscow. Now the back still hurts, but I'm trying to skate, because you never know what are the circumstances of the competition - it is necessary to act. At full strength I is not rolled - health is more important, "- he said Sotnikova told reporters.

"Fell on some training, but did not attach any importance to this, to work, came home, went to bed and woke up in the morning - get up from the bed can not" - said athlete.

According Sotnikova, doctors prognosis for recovery was five or six days, but it took more than a week. "The full force able to ride, when all will pass," - said the skater.

DobrinFan

Adelina Sotnikova: in training has fallen, and the next day could not get out of bed
12.09.2015 18:45:01 | Figure skating | News

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/22420.html

Today, September 12, in the arena of "puck" in Sochi rentals are monitoring the Russian national figure skating. Olympic Champion 2014 in figure skating Adelina Sotnikova told the special correspondent of the portal TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Alexey Kindirovu that got a new injury, which is why during the short program almost did not jump.

- In what shape and what mood you are approached for the new season?
- At the moment, I'm ready to just 50 percent. The fact that I got a back injury, so did not act on the City Day in Moscow. But here, in Sochi, I still had to ride.

- What do the doctor's say?
- They promised that everything will be a couple of days, it's been a week and two days before that, without improvements. Damage was completely unexpected. In training unsuccessfully he fell, but got up and continued to ride on. The next day, I could not get out of bed. Doctors say the injured hip bone. So today, in the program, I almost did not jump.

- It's a shame it was to get a new injury, not speaking a year?
- In fact, I do not want to talk about omissions. For an athlete - that's fine, you just need to treat with similar positive lobes.

- Tell me more about the program.
- We've been looking for different styles, I choose something new and different. In my opinion the performance was very mischievous and fun, it can be said that the style of the future Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro and the Brazilian carnival, but I prefer the description of my program in the style of "Dancing with the Stars." I think it turned out very well.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Thanks again for all the links/updates DobrinFan! :respec:

I'm really loving her new SP and SP dress!

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Did she skate that SP with a new injury? She looked good except for a fall on a jump.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I really want to see Adelina injury free this season. I want to see her artistic development, coming from Dancing with the stars, but I want to see her jump well too. Win/loss cannot be predicted, but I want to see her development.

DobrinFan

Sotnikova skater will perform at the Cup of Russia in Samara out of competition
http://tass.ru/sport/2268052

September 16, 20:04 UTC + 3 The competition winner will also attend the last World Championships in Shanghai Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and dance duo Yekaterina Bobrova, Dmitry Solovyov
MOSCOW, September 16. / Correspondent. Veronica Sovetova TASS /. Sochi Olympic champion in the women's figure skating Adelina Sotnikova speak out of competition at the first stage of the Cup of Russia in Samara, which will be held from 17 to 21 September. This Tass President Figure Skating Federation of Russia Alexander Gorshkov.

The competition winner will also attend the last World Championships in Shanghai Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and dance duo Yekaterina Bobrova, Dmitry Solovyov, who missed last season because of injury partner.

"Many athletes try before the start of the new season to try their hand at such competitions as the Cup of Russia, obkatyvaya new programs, gaining confidence before the major international competitions, - said the Gorshkov. - Cup of Russia in Samara will be the first competition for Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva, Bobrova and Soloviev. No less important is this tournament for Adelina Sotnikova, who missed a year. In Samara, she will speak out of the competition. "

According to coach athletes Elena Buyanova, Sotnikova will speak only with an arbitrary program.

"Adeline decided not to miss the start of Samara, as she is already in October will have an international tournament in Japan - said Buyanova. - Because of back problems, we asked management Figure Skating Federation of Russia to allow the athlete to perform outside of the competition, and only with the free program, which Adeline will show in Japan. great start to this tournament, Sotnikova will not. "

Figure skater started training in June of this year. As reported previously TASS athlete herself, leg injury, due to which she had to miss most of the season-2014/15, it did not bother. Because of her skater in early November last year, withdrew from the Moscow Grand Prix, then missed the Japanese Grand Prix (28-30 November). As a result, she has decided to skip the rest of the season, so as not to aggravate the injury.

During the pilot rental program, which took place a few days ago in Sochi, Sotnikova felt severe pain in his back. Athlete noted that after rolling will seriously treat injuries. Figure skater also said that it would not suspend the training because they do not want to break out of rhythm.

FYI: Women's LP (Samara) is on Monday, Sept 21st. I will post a video as soon as it's posted.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
"Adeline decided not to miss the start of Samara, as she is already in October will have an international tournament in Japan - said Buyanova. - Because of back problems, we asked management Figure Skating Federation of Russia to allow the athlete to perform outside of the competition, and only with the free program, which Adeline will show in Japan. great start to this tournament, Sotnikova will not. "
I can't catch the meaning of this part because of the low quality of the google translation. Does it say she'll skate in Japan Open or will not? My sixth sense says it says she will. :COP:

ETA:
My sixth sense says she & her team asked Russian Fed to allow her to skate only LP and not SP at Samara. She has back injuries and she doesn't want to skate SP but she wants to skate LP to prepare for Japan Open scheduled in October. Is my understanding right?

Last edited:

DobrinFan

I can't catch the meaning of this part because of the low quality of the google translation. Does it say she'll skate in Japan Open or will not? My sixth sense says it says she will. :COP:

ETA:
My sixth sense says she & her team asked Russian Fed to allow her to skate only LP and not SP at Samara. She has back injuries and she doesn't want to skate SP but she wants to skate LP to prepare for Japan Open scheduled in October. Is my understanding right?

She will. She will only skate her LP in Samara to prepare for JO. She didn't want to miss skating in Samara so decided to only show her LP.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
She seems so much older than the other girls. I loved a lot of that program. Wish she would hold some of her transitions a bit longer and finish the line. Her arms are quite lovely.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
It's nice to see she's landing single jumps including difficult jumps in the program now. Still skipping actual spin positions, she'll be appreciated by Japanese audience even without difficult spin positions and second triple jumps in cascades at JO. Her progress in performing is obvious compared to Olys season when she showed her last competitive programs.

It's also nice to see she's still working on 3Lz-3Lo. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information