Adam Rippon news & latest journal entry

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 12, 2011.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

2. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sylvia. It sounds like the biggest problem for Adam the past few months has been a disruption in training.

3. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

:cheer2: Hoping for some great programs.
    Thank you Sylvia.

4. mag

mag Well-Known Member

He sounds like such a nice guy! I'm looking forward to seeing what Shae-lynn does for him - should be exciting.

5. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Hoping for only good things from and for Adam. Thrilled re: Shae and Camerlengo..Go, Adam!

6. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Thank you! Sounds like Adam is in a good place, and I am very happy he is trying different choreographic styles (and happy about the choreographers he chose!). Looking forward to seeing his new programs.

7. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Excellent choices! I hope this will work out better for him than this past season did.

8. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Good choices for choreographers, and wishing him all the best for next season.

9. ChibiChibi

ChibiChibi Active Member

He sounds like a very sweet person. I'm so excited for him!!! Excellent choices for choreographers.

10. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Great choices for choreographers, I'm very excited to see his new programs. Go Adam! :cheer:

11. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Thanks Sylvia. Adam sounds upbeat and confident with his coaching change, I like that. Can't wait to see his new programs.

12. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

:lol:

I think S-L Bourne & Camerlengo should be great, too. I was thinking just the other day, "what if Alissa Czisny had a program done by Shae-Lynn?" That could be interesting and a good stretch for her.

13. viv

viv New Member

Camerlengo is a brilliant choice. :p (Not so sure about Shae, though.)

14. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

You spoke for me!

15. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Why? She's been choreographing programs for skaters for more than four(?) years now and has put some wonderful stuff out there. Pang and Tong's LP and Jeremy Abbott's SP last Season/2010 comes to mind. However, the biggest difference she's had in a skater came w/Kevin Reynolds the last two Seasons.

She's turned him into a reasonably good musical skater. Kevin's not there yet, but Shae's done wonders w/him so far and I really hope she's doing his programs for this Season too. Pity about the injuries, as I would have *loved* to have seen him skate his LP from this past Season the way it was intended to be skated.

Nope!! I'm not worried in the slightest and it's a great choice by Adam. Really looking forward to seeing what he and Pasquale and Shae come up w/for Adam. :)

kwanette and (deleted member) like this.
  16. viv

viv New Member

Well, considering the Kevin-Reynolds-part of her work I thought her strength is giving skaters with no feeling for music at all programs that they feel comfortable with and which make them "act" musical without being it. (You cannot give a person a real feeling for music when nature is against it, IMO.) This is a quality Adam doesn't need because he is a naturally musical skater, and one of the best. I didn't think about her work for Abbott when I wrote my post though, so maybe I am wrong.

17. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

I found this story from the Nationals (after the sp) very interesting:

"On my way to practice the next day, I sat down and talked with 2010 Olympic Champion, Evan Lysacek. He helped me to put the whole situation into perspective. I walked away from our conversation knowing I could do one of two things when I had a future opportunity to look back at this competition; block it out and pretend it never happened or I could remember how strongly I came back in the long program. I was determined to do the latter. In the end, I did come back strong with a program I fought for."