Adam Rippon Makes Coaching Change - NOT an April Fool's thread

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by sk9tingfan, Apr 1, 2011.

1. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

How far does Skate Canada let her empire extend? Does he need to train in Europe or Russia to get out of her clutches?

2. Mariko88

Mariko88 New Member

:rofl: I wish. :D

3. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

I can say, please rest assured that no Yu-Na fan would blame her coach for her not winning. AFAIK, NOBODY, including her most zealous fans, has ever pointed a finger at her team or at her coach when she couldn’t deliver on her lutz at her first WC, when she wasn’t placed first at her second WC, when she didn’t display the top form at her post-Olympic WC, or when she failed to win the 2008 GPF in Korea (the only international competition she’s ever had on her home turf in her entire career). Since last October, she seems sincere in continuing her competitive career, enthusiastic in her preparation, and eager to perform her new programs. Her winning or not, what we fans could ask for more?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  4. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Funny, I’ve seen this thread first gone awry when certain Orser advocates couldn’t resist dragging Yu-Na into this Rippon-Orser specific incident with some lame accusations against her. :lol:

Back to Orser, I think working with Gao presents both an opportunity and a challenge for him. Christina, who IMO has bigger potential than Adam (no offence to Rippon fans), gives him somewhat different material to work with, compared with when he started working with Yu-Na. Christina obviously has some imminent issue with her jump technique, and probably with her further body change, whereas he had practically none of these problems with Yu-Na. Some suggested in this thread that a certain skater should consider working with Orser, and I recall Jeremy spent some time at the Cricket Club in the past. But it would be beneficial for Orser to concentrate on Christina for now, and do some soul searching before he takes on another elite skater. I’m saying this since obviously he failed to maintain the trust, or tie, with the first two of his top skaters, in the span of months. If he’s serious about coaching, he is looking at a second career which is possibly longer than her competitive and professional years combined. And if he truly wants to be successful as a coach, he should work on his crafts, technical and emotional, as a coach and, more importantly, his priorities should be on the skaters, not on his ego. The tone of his words in the latest interview with Hersh reassured me that he needs to rethink his priorities as a coach in a radical way.

That being said, I think he is positioned well enough to do fine as a coach. The Cricket Club is frequented by a lot of top skaters, working on their choreographies et al. Besides the North American skaters, among others Joubert, Verner and Korpi visited the club last summer. He shouldn’t have problem in getting exposure and contacts with elite skaters, and he’s already got a World and Olympic Champion under his belt. Wish all the best with his coaching career.

5. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

:EVILLE: :lol: I'd believe it

6. miki88

miki88 New Member

This thread is oh so amusing in many ways! :p I love hearing some Yuna fans accuse fans of Brian of dragging her name into this mess when they were the ones who brought up her name in the first place. The defense can only be made when an accusation has been made. ;)

7. os168

os168 Active Member

And there are others who enjoy being a 'spoon' ;)