Adam Lambert arrested in Finland

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Finnice, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Pop-star Adam Lambert spend the night between Wednesday and Thursday in jail in Helsinki, Finland. Lambert, who dates the Finnish BB-star Sauli Koskinen, had come to Finland to spend Christmas with Sauli and his family. The young men got in the fight in a popular Helsinki gay bar Don´t Tell Mama. Both were arrested and spent the night in jail, but are now released, and there will be no charges.

We Finns are ofd course so happy and proud to have an internationally famous son-in-law.;)

2. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Now that is rock & roll. :lol:

3. MINAM

MINAM The "NICE" Admin Staff Member

LOL!!!!!

4. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

This is beyond awesome on all levels :lol:

5. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

:rofl:

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Is domestic violence OK if it is between two men? I can't imagine the reactions would be the same if Adam had gotten into a fight with a woman. I am not being all sensitive here, I found the event funny myself, but I do think a double standard of sorts exists.

7. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Oh my god :rofl: I can't stop laughing at the name of the bar!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  8. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Was it really domestic violence or was it just two people who got into a fight in a bar? I think it's being treated the same as if it was a fight between any two men, or any two women or any two of the same sex. Now a physical fight between a man and a woman would have been treated more seriously because of the perceived strength advantage the man has over the woman.

9. cailuj365

cailuj365 Well-Known Member

Listening to his new single after reading this article makes it a whole lot more :rofl: and :eek:

Domestic violence is never okay, no matter if it's between a man or a woman, two women, or two men.

In this case though, it wasn't really violence. More like a heated lover's spat exacerbated by alcohol. These are his tweets from his yesterday:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  10. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Was Lambert fighting with Koskinen, or that they were fighting with others? Not domestic violence if they were fighting with others.

11. Spinner

Spinner Where's my book?

Oh, gays...

genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  12. cailuj365

They were fighting with each other. They weren't hitting each other though and no one was hurt.

13. Finnice

Sorry that the first post was unclear, they were fighting with each other. And indeed, domestic violence should not be tolerated at all, even if it happens in a public place.

DTM (Don´t tell mama) is the leader of the GLTB scene in Finland. Very trashy in a very good way.:glamor:

14. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying that no one was hit. All the media outlets left that bit out of their reports. They made it sound like punches were thrown and lots of scratching ensued.

15. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

So in Finland, if you raise your voice to another person, you spend the night in jail? Harsh!!! :eek:

16. cailuj365

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  17. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

Loius Vuitton at ten paces?

Seriously, Adam should have been arrested by the police by some of his crimes against fashion ages ago.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  18. Finnice

I think they hit each other, too. And were very drunk. (Well, THAT is nothing very unusual in Finland, I have to say:slinkaway.)

19. flyingsit

flyingsit Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that a publicity-friendly incident happened the week his new song was released, right?

20. cailuj365

Of course. ;) He seems to have a knack for doing that. I don't know if he has the best timing or the worst timing in the biz. As publicity-friendly as the incident is, it's not very reputation-friendly, which makes me think it's actually coincidental.

21. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Especially given he wasn't arrested. Total coincidence.

Getting drunk and getting into a fight in a night club isn't reputation-friendly for his target audience of "rebellious" teenagers?

(It was a rhetorical question. It is. ;))

22. Sally1214

Sally1214 Active Member

I think Adam is going to get a pass on this and it will quickly blow over ... given that it's Christmas and people are distracted and in a generally forgiving moood. But, in the future, he would be wise to conduct his domestic quarrels out of the public eye. We all know how the tabloids get ...