According to The Skating Lesson, Gracie is getting a new SP.

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by ComplimentsFrom, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I believe her LP has been adjusted every time she's skated it.

2. bunhead

bunhead New Member

I'm not really a Gracie fan but I was intrigued by the Gershwin SP. Unusual music but I thought she handled it well. I don't think fans are always great judge of what works for skaters. She took a risk to develop her artistic abilities -- she's got to learn some time!

3. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

Same here. Same here. Same here. Same here X 1,000. Although I didn't find anything laughable about her performance in the short, and I still say it's a brilliant piece. But she will probably skate to Legends of the Fall next and all the conservative fuddy duddies will be happy. :lol:

4. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm not saying safe and lyrical is the only way to go for her. I'd be happy if she could pull off something like Krisztina Czako's "Addams Family" LP or even Wagner's "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" SP. However, I don't think the only choices are between zzzzzzz and the Gershwin piece that she unsuccessfully pulled off. I mean, I know some people liked it, but I think it's telling that Gracie dumped it despite respectable scores. I doubt it was just the fan reaction.

5. lilshorty

lilshorty Member

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

7. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Oh, how exciting, I figured we would only get show routines.

8. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

What bothers me is that everyone is pushing this poor kid to peak at Nationals/Olympics in Sochi. The USFSA and God knows who else is trying to force immediate success on this kid and there just isn't enough time. Frankly, I have already set sights on Korea for the men and the women.

9. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

I agree, FiveRinger, she's already got enough pressure she doesn't need any more. :( It may be a case of too much too soon...

Crossing my fingers she can skate the way she knows how to with those big huge jumps that honestly rival the best in the world. :cool: