Accessing The Board From An Iphone

Discussion in 'Board Business' started by Maofan7, May 17, 2013.

1. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

As I am away at the moment, I can only access the board from an iphone. However, when I was providing rep, instead of providing the intended positive rep - it came up negative instead!! Poor recipient! What seems to have happened is that when I was typing out the message, because of the tiny screen, the dot seems to have moved from approve to disapprove. Apart from me being a ****** and not taking enough care, is there anything that can be done to prevent this kind of mistake?

2. LynnW

LynnW Politiking for Purple

I haven't figured out what can be done to prevent giving negative rep instead of the intended positive rep, but after the fact you can contact a mod to change the negative rep to positive. Not that I have any experience with this mind you - ahem (see my location :slinkaway)

:eek:

3. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

If you've left message with the rep, the person can probably figure out that it was meant to be positive.

I have actually not been able to leave rep at all when accessing the board from an iPhone. But I probably haven't tried it recently, just assumed I wasn't able to based on my last iPhone, which was the very first edition.

4. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

That describes what happened to me perfectly - fumbling fingers!

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.