Absurdly Early Euros Predictions- MEN

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Nov 25, 2012.

Who will medal?

1. Florent Amodio

51.1%
  2. Brian Joubert

19.1%
  3. Evgeny Plushenko

79.8%
  4. Artur Gachinski

10.6%
  5. Maxim Kovtun

3.2%
  6. Sergei Voronov

1.1%
  7. Javier Fernandez

83.0%
  8. Michal Brezina

19.1%
  9. Tomas Verner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Zhan Bush

1.1%
  11. Jorik Hendrickx

1.1%
  12. Peter Liebers

1.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Another one!

2. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I love Javier so voted for him.

3. misskarne

misskarne #408

I couldn't put in all my votes because you left Menshov off the list. I was very impressed with him at CoR where he should have medalled.

Plushenko, of course - someone with that many championships and that much talent can never be written off - and I think maybe Gachinski will overcome his early-season problems and hopefully repeat his Euros excellence last year.

4. haribobo

Oh crud, I totally forgot about Menshov- sorry guys!

5. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Fernandez and Plushenko for sure. Didnt even vote for another as I have no idea beyond that.

6. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I voted for Plushenko, Fernandez, and Joubert. The third might be wishful thinking given Joubert's current injured state, but I can hope, can't I? lol. It could be Amodio instead, or Menshov, who as some have mentioned, is not on the list. With the way Gachinski's been skating I can't see him on the podium.

7. misskarne

misskarne #408

Thing is, a lot of people would have said that after last season's GPs, too. Then he came good at Nationals and Euros.

8. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Yes but he was lucky everyone else came bad at Europeans. Not only does he need to pull a rabbit out of the hat again, but hope everyone else screws up again. If it is a well skated event by all he still wouldnt medal.

9. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Fernandez, Plushenko and Amodio !

10. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

peter liebers on the list? oh you´re so funny :lol:

11. briancoogaert

Well, Yretha Silete is on the ladies list...she is injured and won't skate this season !

12. misskarne

misskarne #408

More love for Joubert than last year's Euro silver medallist? Really? :/

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  13. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't vote for Joubert because he has not been performing well and is injured not because I think poorly of his skating. But I can be proven wrong. Voted for Plushenko too because if the screws still hold, he's still capable of beating them all.:D I lurvvv cutie Fernandez ... so hope he will medal too. :)

14. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

It's just cause Joubert is absurdly loved in Europe and will be rewarded with big scores if he skates even half decently. I think Arthur could medal too but he's got a bit of an uphill battle to fight, still though, everything he needs to get on the podium is all there.

Anyways I'd say Fernandez is a lock, if Plush shows up, he'll likely be on the podium, and the third guy is a toss up, nearly everyone in contention (Amodio, Brezina, Gatchinski, Joubert, Menshov, etc.) is really inconsistent so it's anyone's guess as to who will skate well at that given comp.

15. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

but Kovtun is a Junior :confused:

16. haribobo

He's not required to stay junior all season- and since he's capable of medaling at Nationals given his score, I included him- its the same as Dornbush the year he won silver and made it to Worlds. I would have put Menshov in instead of Liebers if I realized I forgot him though....

17. briancoogaert

Joubert is injured ????

18. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

If Plushenko is healthy enough to compete, he is a good bet for a medal (not necessarily gold)

Fernandez, in spite of the few melt downs he has had, has a very good chance to medal- even win if he skates a respectable LP & a solid SP

I had a tough time choosing between Amodio and Brezina. I picked Amodio because of his recent success, but Brezina is equally capable of medalling, IMO.

19. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Member

no he is not, he had a sickness some weeks ago

20. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Another example of blatant bias from the judges...

:p

21. naan

naan New Member

Fernandez, Plushenko and Joubert!
    I really hope Joubert can get at least bronze. I don't want to see his disappointed and sad face anymore.. It's really heartbroken.

22. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I thought Joubert was struggling with an injury, I thought they said so on CBC, but I could be wrong, he might have just been sick.

23. spikydurian

Oh.. he's not? OK, I'll include him in my voting list then.:)

:lynch:twilight1

24. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

He was very sick and lost a fair bit of weight and training time. But to the best of my knowledge, no injuries.

I won't vote for Javi in any poll like this until he proves he can skate well as a favorite and not just as an underdog.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  25. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Plushenko, Amodio and Fernandez if he is lucky. If he is not lucky, Brezina.

26. spikydurian

^^^ I hope cutie Fernandez won't depend on luck. He can do it. All he needs is confidence and trust in himself.

27. briancoogaert

LOL, he has beaten Patrick Chan, not because of luck.

28. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Oops, I thought the poll was who would win, so I only voted for Plushenko.

Fernandez will probably medal but I disagree that it's a lock. I thought it was a lock last year, but he managed to bomb. I have a feeling Amodio will medal.

29. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

If Javi can learn to carry his good form from the start of the season into the 2nd half, he should medal, but after last year's meltdowns at Euros & Worlds, plus his recent performance at NHK I don't think he's a lock just yet. Amodio tends to do better in the second half of the season, so I think he's in with a shout as well. Brezina should in theory, but I feel like people have been saying that about him for years & he never quite delivers. Don't think Plushenko is a lock - all the top guys have quads now & most of them out do him in terms of spins, steps & should (and note that I say should, not will :rolleyes: ) have a significant lead over him in PCS.

30. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Patrick Chan was in top form at Skate Canada but Fernandez still beat him, right?;)

On paper Fernandez can even win Europeans because he has a very ambitious long program with three quads. Usually though, he skated better in the GP series than at Euros and Worlds, he might be peaking too early in the season? I hope his response to my question will be No this season. I think he has started to build some reputation for himself lately as I'm not sure Fernandez in the past making multiple mistakes and with two falls in the FS would have been able to score as high on the program components - even a little bit higher actually -as a nearly flawless skater with a quad sal and two triple axels (see Ross Miner at NHK Trophy). But I wouldn't expect Javier to be as strong on the PC mark as Plushenko though.