? about stars into camel

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by Jozet, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Jozet

Jozet Active Member

Are stars into a camel (not flying camel, just front camel) considered difficult entry?

Or could they be a GOE increase?

Thanks for any info!

2. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I think they would be a good transition into a camel. But would only help increase the GOE if done well.

3. Doubletoe

Doubletoe Well-Known Member

Stars into a flying spin will give you a level feature for a difficult flying entry. However, there is no such feature awarded for a non-flying spin, so you won't get a level for stars into a regular camel. It will just help your transitions score and spin GOE if executed well.

4. Jozet

Jozet Active Member

Ah, yes! Okay, that makes sense.

Thank you for both replies!

5. steve skater

steve skater Member

It's not the stars entry that counts as the difficult entry; it's the butterfly/arabian after the stars that would count. (And one can do stars without the butterfly/arabian into a flying camel.)

gkelly and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Jozet

Jozet Active Member

Thanks, steve skater. So I have this right, a flying camel is not a difficult entry in and of itself, nor are stars into a flying camel. Stars into a regular camel are also not difficult entry because it would take some sort of difficulty on a fly to increase the level.

However, stars into butterfly/arabian entry on flying camel - it's the butterfly/arabian that makes it a difficult entry. Stars (done well) *might* increase GOE or add to transition.

Yes?

7. steve skater

steve skater Member

Yes.
    Also, here are the bullets for marking positive GOEs for different elements:
    http://tinyurl.com/4z3m72x
    Although nothing technically meets a bullet for an entry such as stars (maybe points 6 and 8?), the stars would probably help you get better speed and centering. (At least that's why I try to do them into my camel! ;))

8. Jozet

Jozet Active Member

"the stars would probably help you get better speed and centering"

I don't skate (very well), but I've noticed with my daughter that when she does stars into a regular flying camel it 1) really helps her to get the fly right (otherwise she sometimes does a "flying salchow" ) and yes, 2) much better speed and centering.

GOE would be nice. Her program is a bit rock and roll, so I do think the stars work well as a hot shot move, lol.

Again, thanks for the explanation. I'm learning this to try to understand what my kiddo is doing on the ice, but also, I want to be a smarter viewer altogether. :)