About Gracie Gold - Phil Hersh

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by sk9tingfan, Dec 21, 2011.

1. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I don't see how the judges can keep their PCS close to "their" TES for each skater, since they don't know what levels were called on nonjump elements and don't have time to add up the element scores and factor the component scores.

At most they might operate on a principle that, for instance, several good triples automatically deserve PCS at least in the 5s and many good triples deserve at least 6s or 7s. But that would be a principle about how to reflect jump content in PCS rather than a principle about consciously keeping the TES and PCS totals close numerically.

2. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

PCS are factored. That makes them generally come out close to the TES. This is done on purpose and it's part of the formula, not something the judges "do".

3. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

I so don't get the Lam love. I've seen her live and she jumps so low you couldn't fit an ants penis under those blades. Still, the judges seem to like her. I just don't get it though myself.

4. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

She's fairly consistent with her jumps and has very nice spins and good flexibility. I personally like her interpretation as well, even though she skates a bit workmanlike.

5. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

She did remind me of Ann Patrice. Very little passion about her skating. I do hope she loves it and isn't just being pushed.