Abbott talks about his 2011-12 program music and choreography

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110706&content_id=21484374&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpts:

2. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Muse sounds wonderful, but I can do without yet another Sing, Sing, Sing. You'd think that skaters would outgrow it by the time they were 12, but I guess not.

3. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see them both!

I love Sing Sing Sing. Major soft spot for it, so I get excited when skaters use it. It's so fun!

4. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Damn, after reading that, the remainder of this off-season is going to seem interminable :wall: :fragile: .

The FS sounds :swoon:, and Jeremy has enough musicality and dance-ability to pull off swing-style choreography. I cannot *wait* to see what these programs are like.

The GP can't get here quickly enough.

5. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I hate Sing Sing Sing, but the combination of Benji's choreography and Jeremy's fab musicality is making me look forward to this like crazy!

I'm on the fence about Muse. I've heard some of their stuff I like and others that are just zzzz. But again, I look forward to what he and Yuka will come up with :cheer2:

6. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Jeremy is going to be a great choreographer some day.

7. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

The Muse track "Redemption" is the same the Kerrs used this past season. It's lovely but I much prefer "Butterflies and Hurricanes" but the vocals would be a problem for single skating.

8. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Unfortunately, the piece he chose falls more into the zzzz category for me, but maybe it will work better on the ice.

9. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

I looove the fact that Jeremy is taking initiative and starting to create his programs himself. I look forward to both his programs with great anticipation. Have to confess that I developed a bit of dislike for " Sing Sing Sing" throughout many skating routines which are emotional copy cats, but I trust Jeremy will look at the different side of the music. Can't wait to see what Jeremy brings into next year.

I think "Muse" will work. I have this fantasy of Abbott skating to Bach, and there is a bit of that otherwordly serenity in his chosen "Muse" piece.

10. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

oh dear zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

11. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Always glad to hear from Jeremy, but I will be beyond thrilled when I hear him say that he's Quad-ready

ETA - He did say the big problem [boots] from last season has been resolved:

snip:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  12. olifaunt

olifaunt New Member

I think it works for what he's trying to do with the long program:

IMHO that Muse piece is lovely and introspective and I can see him using it very well. It is a little bit slow to build up, but maybe the electric guitar section will help.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Jeremy could never be "zzzzzzzzzzzzz" for me.
    Awaiting his new programs; and wishing him a great season.

14. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

GOOOOOOO ALEXANDER!!! :cheer2: I am so beyond ecstatic to see Jeremy's new programs and I wish him only the very best with everything and I truly hope this is the redemption season he and we the fans are so hoping for him! :encore: Regardless of placements or medals, it's always a great treat to see what new creations he brings to the ice. He sincerely is one of the very few skaters left who really makes me feel and who always brings something fresh and musically innovative to the ice. Be Jeremazing! :swoon:

15. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I'm not excited for Sing, Sing, Sing just because I don't see that style of dance working that well for Jeremy. Benji Schwimmer and Jeremy don't seem like a very natural match to me

OTOH, I'm very excited about the long program he's working on with Yuka. I think their styles mesh well. "Airy and calm." And since they're substituting some electric guitar, I think that will make the piece a little more dynamic.

16. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Hard to believe he could tell the boots were better the moment he took them out of the box without even having tried them on. Disappointed in his choice of Sing, Sing, Sing. There may be too much calmness in the long program, but I hope he has a successful year.

17. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Sounds exciting! I never worry about his choreography or interpretation, (hell if this was important Ando wouldn't be a World Champ! :p) but I do worry about his technical elements. The harder jumps are inconsistent and the spins are rarely level 4 (even though almost always perfectly executed). If he wants to make the World Team again he will have to make sure he hits the axels and at least always rotates the quad.

18. jlai

jlai Title-less

I have always wondered if for Jeremy, Tom Z. (yes, as unpopular as he is) might have been a better COP element coach, while Sato is a better "calming" coach. I guess with every coaching change you get some advantage and lose some.

19. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Sing, sing, sing is kind of a boring choice, but I love Jeremy and am interested to see his work with Swing Dance Champions.

I'm not a big Muse fan (I think their lyrics are pretty cliche), but I'm looking forward to how Jeremy and Yuka use the music.

20. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

LMAO.

John Kerr posted this on his Facebook about Jeremy's choice of music for his LP:

"Just remember who did it first dude ;-)"

:D:D

21. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Kerrs had their last FD to this music. It was not zzzzzzzzzz, at all, IMO.

I agree !!!! :40beers: