Abbott goes blond!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by GoldenMichelle, Apr 9, 2011.

1. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

2. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

I just want the "real" Jeremy Abbott to please (get back over your skates) and stand up.
    No matter what hair color.
    He wasn't himself this last season.
  3. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Sure hope so. Crossing my fingers! :)
  4. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

5. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

I'm hoping this was some kind of manipulation.

Do you think he went searching for his old self passing through the Paris Hilton lane at the store, and then stepped into a Salvador Dalì exhibition?

I'm hoping he doesn't encounter a tatoo place along the journey.
  6. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Well, he does have a tattoo already.
  7. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Yeah, doesn't he have like 4 small ones? I believe he has the Olympic rings and some Japanese symbols.
  8. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

Oy vey four times.
  9. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

The ones I saw in come pictorials are actually very nice.
  10. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's just that I don't like tatoos, I can't seem to grasp how they could possibly be appealing. My thing though.
  11. Susan M

Susan M Well-Known Member

I don't feel much one way or the other about the color, I just wish it was longer on the sides. His face tends to look long and narrow in this cut, and I think more fullness would help soften the angularity of his (crooked) jaw.
  12. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I'd rather see Michael Weiss go blond....although I wonder what michaelfsfan would have to say about that...
  13. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

..that he did it in a not-at-all unmanly way.:lol:
  14. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Yay, new board!

15. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

Well kudos to him for at least matching his brows. My Chinese friend made a colossal mistake of bleaching only her hairs while ago and ended up looking like Madonna circa Papa don't preach :shuffle:
  16. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

Without being Madonna, that's what makes the cut.

---

From the Gilmore Girls, talking about the parents of a korean kid Lane met and liked, Season 1, Episode 19:

One should always learn from the classics.
  17. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

*snort* :lol:
    He could borrow wife Lisa's highlighters...
  18. poths

poths Well-Known Member

Says the man who has dyed his own hair every colour under the sun and is pastier and thinner than JA will ever be. :p

5 pages on a dye job??? That's :inavoid: status for Abbott.
    manleywoman and (deleted member) like this.
  19. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

LOL, maybe Jereamazin' is not necessarily "too pale," (being pale would actually seem to go well with platinum blonde) but rather he has skin with such reddish undertones that the platinum look tends to clash somewhat. However, Jere seems to be rockin' and enjoying the look. Maybe he could tone it down a few notches with some highlights more suitable to his skintone. I'm not an expert stylist or hair colorist though, so he has no reason to take this advice. Would be interesting to have a more up close and personal view of his makeover, as photos don't always do justice. Overall, :cool: -- I'm eager to see what kind of music will inspire super Jeremy next season!

Hope his programs and performances are :inavoid: status for upcoming seasons. I'm ready to :swoon: for some fantastic skating to great music, no matter the hair color.
  20. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

Me too. (It's just I'm worried what's going on inside that head is worse than the color atop it)

I hope he can get it together for next season. I look forward to his programs .
  21. aftershocks

The thing is, Jeremy has skated great under pressure before. Boy, if being in the zone, could be bottled and consumed or injected before a competition, everyone would skate :inavoid:

The struggle and the process seems so often about fully believing in oneself and being able to put it all together on a consistent basis. Guys like Jere and Matt Savoie who possess such great transitions and musicality, and all the jumps, but somehow have lacked the consistency needed to win rep with the judges --- is it their sensitive, thoughtful personalities, or just nerves and thinking too much that has been their greatest challenge to overcome? Who knows? There are other fields of endeavor besides figure skating where luck and self-belief and everything coming together can be the crucial difference between "making it big," becoming a star or being one of the also rans. OTOH, whether he makes it big or not, Jeremy has nothing to hang his head about because he is in the arena, fighting valiantly, and perhaps learning something important about himself that will matter as his life moves forward. He will have his victory, whether it be on top of the podium, or just taking part in the battle and skating his heart out.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat
    T. Roosevelt
  22. annab

annab New Member

I think he looks fantastic. Very cool.
  23. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Great post!!!

And I agree with those who can't wait for his next season's programs. Frankly, as far as the men are concerned, I personally wish we could just fast-forward Worlds and get to October already :p
    flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  24. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

:lol: I so wish you'll not happen to work at any hair stylist place I'll ever go to.
  25. museksk8r

No kidding! I've felt since Nationals in January that the Worlds men's event had the wind knocked out of its sails once Abbott didn't make the team. He's my favorite skater in that discipline and I've found myself caring the least for the men this year as a result. Who would have thought I would EVER say that? My hopes are with Kozuka in Moscow; if he can hold himself together to skate his best, then maybe I can feel good about the men at Worlds this year. *hopes*

I loved your post too, aftershocks! Great attitude to have!! :)
  26. aftershocks

USFS to Abbott: "Hey, blondie, train those quads and come back strong next season. Guess we needed you in Moscow."

Taking nothing away from Ryan, Ross, and Richard who performed extremely well. Under the current scoring system, Ross and Richard may need quads, and more continued consistency in international events in order to move up. Love how well Ross and Richard delivered their performances in their first senior international event, under pressure.

You must be so happy for Kozuka, museks8r!
  27. museksk8r

;)

OMG, I AM! :cheer2::swoon: He was so divine and easily the best in the LP IMO!!! My dream podium would have included both Kozuka and Abbott, but 1 is better than neither. :encore:
  28. aftershocks

:) Taka K was divine. Love your dream podium. Maybe next year your dream comes true by 2.
  29. shine

shine Well-Known Member

I second that! Takahiko has all the things that I can't find in Chan's skating. Just love his musicality and subtlety. Having had no expectation at all, his silver medal performance and Kostner's beautiful LP were wonderful surprises and the two performances that I will be watching over and over from these Worlds:)
  30. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Depressed that the season is over and spent the evening looking at some of Abbott's best performances on youtube. 2008 4CC LP is such a beauty. Even inconsistent, Jeremy has put out a few stellar performances year after year.
    BTW, in the pre-platinum LifeSkate interview ( I repost from Sylvia, from a couple of pages earlier)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVs8I5svIeY
    it seems that Jeremy is at least considering Sochi.

And Kozuka is absolutely marvelous in my book, as well; there's quite a few similarities in skating style between the two.
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  31. nashvilledancer

nashvilledancer New Member

I had the privilege of watching Jeremy skate all 3 of the shows of the Atlanta Figure Skating club at the Cooler in Alpharetta this weekend. Jeremy did "Rhythm of Love" to close the first act and his new exhibition to Adele's "Home Town Glory" to end the show.

Since Jeremy was breaking in 2-day-new boots (as of Friday), he did some gorgeous triples and some planned doubles, but commented that the hard part was bending enough to do low positions, footwork, and spins. By Sunday, his combo spin looked good as usual. The hat was cooperative, staying on his head when flipped there and remaining on his tummy during the layover camel spin. That program sure bears up to repeat views. I just love it.

Home Town Glory is going to be another signature piece. Hope the Korea show is streamed so everyone can see it there. It's got a lot of variety in movement, long glides punctuated by quick stops and syncopated footwork. I was entertained by some grandparents who obviously were not skating fans suddenly noticing aloud how smooth Jeremy is, and thinking that they really had no idea who they were watching--yes, he was announced as "2 time US Champion", but IMO, he's also one of the most innovative and artistic skaters EVER, who continues to demonstrate his range. To me, it's like getting to watch a modern and mellower John Curry.

One of the parents commented that JA's low-key manner put all the kid skaters at ease. It was a great show with very high level skating. Home town boy Alex Aiken (Jr bronze medalist) was back to show off his huge jumps and blazing-fast footwork. I was very impressed by Tim Dolensky's (2010 Novice bronze medalist) gorgeous spins (and footwork and jumps). The show included tots to adults (including adult dance competitors Michael Marcanio and Nancy Hoblack from NC, who train weekends at the Cooler).

Finally, I can report that in person, "the hair" looks just fine.
  32. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

33. aftershocks

34. museksk8r

I think these photos prove that Jeremy looks very hot as a blonde! :swoon::respec::cool:
  35. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

36. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

Jeremy is a performer and a perfectionist. He doesn't like to compromise to win points with the judges. His competition programs last season were risky, and risks don't always pay off. I think he is starting to accept this about himself which is why his self confidence has improved.
  37. museksk8r

38. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

I think that Jeremy has had great CoP programmes in competitions. His choreography has been created in the way to win points if he just skates his choreography faultlessly or almost faultlessly.
  39. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

40. aftershocks