A whole new level of "imaginary girlfriend"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Gazpacho, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

2. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

That is a lot of effort to keep up with Joneses you don't even care about. :eek:
  3. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I remember reading a story on the Internet about a Chinese woman who married herself. She couldn't find a husband and wanted a big wedding so that's what she did. She was a yuppie-type.
  4. Ageless

Ageless Member

Might explain why there is no real girlfriend!
  5. FGRSK8

FGRSK8 In Search of a Lost Chord

The divorce could be interesting, especially if it is based on irreconcilable differences...... :p
  6. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

as liz lemon said, if need be, i will marry myself

seems fair that everyone should be able to register for gifts at least once
    Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  7. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Hmm... wonder what happened on her honeymoon night?
  8. Jasmar

Jasmar Active Member

There is also apparently at least one enterprising soul in Japan who will take your stuffed animal on vacation and shoot photos for you. Of the stuffed animal. In all the exotic locations.
  9. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

His message about being proud to be single seems to be contradicted by the whole pretending to have a girlfriend for photos to share with people. I mean I know he's not tricking people as they know he's taking these types of photos by himself, but surely there are better ways to show you're proud to be single than to take photos portraying yourself in a relationship.
  10. nyrak

nyrak Active Member

There's a lady in Vancouver who has had her garden gnome stolen a few times, only to have him returned some days, weeks, months later with pictures of him in various places. She actually looks forward to it now, and is admittedly a bit jealous of all the places the gnome has been.
  11. DAngel

DAngel Active Member

Nyrak, that is super awesome :lol:
  12. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

Sounds like one of that lady's friends is a fan of the movie Amelie.
  13. nyrak

nyrak Active Member

Yes, it is awesome, I've seen it on the news a couple times now, I think most recently Gnome visited various Olympic sites in Vancouver & Whistler, but he's been all over the world too. She claims not to know who's taking it, and doesn't want to....I agree, more fun that way. The first time I guess you're pissed because someone stole your gnome, but he comes home & it turns into a fun adventure, so why not?
  14. iloveemoticons

iloveemoticons Well-Known Member

I saw this documentary once where two guys had life sized dolls for wives. They actually talk to them, take them places like the park, eat meals with them. Yeah, that documentary pretty much scarred me for life.
  15. DAngel

DAngel Active Member

i loveemoticon :rofl::rofl::rofl:
  16. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I remember that - I saw the whole thing on YouTube. It was called "Love Me, Love My Doll" although I believe the original title was "Guys and Dolls."

Most of the guys were totally skeezy and were completely unable to look at women as people, which is why they wanted a doll they could control (and have sex with whenever they wanted). One younger man was actually very sympathetic and too shy to talk to real life women, so he got a doll instead. But yeah, very very strange....
  17. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

I could make that joke about dipping into the honey pot, but I changed my mind at the last minute.
  18. iloveemoticons

iloveemoticons Well-Known Member

Yes, that was the one! When I first saw this thread, I thought it was about that. :slinkaway