A Salute to the Golden Age of American Skating: Tickets go on sale September 20th

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Iceman, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

2. wickedwitch

wickedwitch Well-Known Member

"Doubles Champions"?

3. Kwantumleap

Kwantumleap Well-Known Member

:huh:

And there are more mistakes in the article. Scott won the Olympics in 84. LMAO at doubles champions. I didn't realize this was tennis.

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:rofl:

I had to click to see who was a doubles champion. I thought it was going to be Dick Button or something.

5. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

:rofl:

6. senorita

senorita New Member

golden age of american skating without the Kwan?:huh:

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Interesting to see who's involved:

On an unrelated note, aren't we coming up on the 50th anniversary (next year) of the 1961 plane crash that killed most of the U.S. figure skating team? Wondering if there'll be another huge USFS show to commemorate it, as in 2001. Hopefully it won't be overshadowed by an even sadder event, as in 2001.

8. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

While I would love to see Michelle in this show, I still think it's a pretty impressive cast. :)

9. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'd love to have her, but Yuna Kim appears to be the only promoter that can afford to hire her.

10. crzesk8dad

crzesk8dad Active Member

With the exception of Evan, this looks like someone is stirring up the coals to get one more flame out of the BBQ. :angryfire

But, it was named "the Golden Age", after all. :lol:

11. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

Somehow, I had gotten the idea that Debi Thomas would be participating, but her name isn't listed ... I'm a little disappointed about that.

12. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

According to Debi's FB page, she is training...and did mention that she had committed to the AC show.

13. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

Is anyone going to this event? NJ barely gets major skating event, so I'm definitely willing to go, but I have no idea what my schedule will look like in December:(

14. paskatefan

We plan to go. :D

For the record - Atlantic City, NJ got Skate America in 2005, Skating Romance III in July 1997 (with Brian B., Michelle, Brian O., Yuka, Underhill & Martini, Roca & Sur), SOI in 2004, Fashion on Ice in 2007).

15. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

I'm very tempted - this show sounds amazing. But it's a 3-hour drive, and there's no telling what the weather will be like, I'd have to stay overnight (which I learned when there for SA is not easy or cheap), and visiting AC once was enough for me.

I hope they don't chack too many skaters from the broadcast.

16. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

And COI in 2002, plus SOI in 02.

Went to Divas on Ice in 98...at Showboat and another show in 95 or so with a great cast including..Scott, kristi, Roz, Paul, G and G, Lu Chen and Rakkomo and Kokko..

17. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

I should've added "since I started make enough money to afford it on my own":D
    I hope you have a good time!

18. Kelleys6th

Kelleys6th Active Member

They must have corrected some of the typo's. Now there are pairs skaters, but no dancers. :rolleyes:

I agree with you DebbieS
    Atlantic City is an expensive place. The ticket price hits pretty hard right before Christmas. I'll have to weigh my options...

:cat:

19. paskatefan

Hope you can work it out to go to this, DebbieS. I also hope you're right about not "chacking" too many skaters from the broadcast (or anyone for that matter - wishful thinking). My guess is that since the cast is such a large one that each skater would get to do just one individual program instead of two.

Thanks, JerseySlore. We're really looking forward to this show.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010