A "perfect moment" ? Post the link !

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by Diane Mars, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Diane Mars

Diane Mars Active Member

Hi there,

I looked for a thread of that nature, but didn't succeded to find one, so... :)

I wanted to post the link of what I'm calling a "perfect moment". So here we are :)
    Today, @Les Paccots (Switzerland) 12.15 :
    http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...762549042_1104282935_2841759_1975361512_n.jpg
    Same place, 13.30 :
    [​IMG]

The ice was absolultely perfect, nobody around :encore: and the video I've taken during my practice was a good surprise, as I noticed the progression I've made since my summer camp last July. Still a huge amount of work to do but... I'm sooooooo happy :rollin:!

Please, share your "perfect moments" :watch:
  2. KatieC

KatieC On hold

What a beautiful rink Diane. Imagine seeing trees while you're skating. My rink has hockey benches on one side and spectator stands on the other and cement walls. We did just get new insulation in the ceiling and new lights. And the walls are covered with hockey pennants. I'm taking an hour and a half of annual leave tomorrow at lunch to go skating - I'll be picturing your rink while I'm there!
  3. Diane Mars

Diane Mars Active Member

I'm very lucky, yes :)

... And I'll take a picture Thursday morning of my loved (small) ice rink on the lakeshore, skating all alone... <3<3<3
  4. Diane Mars

Diane Mars Active Member

Link to the picture I've taken this morning, before skating: http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7376/beurkb.jpg

The ice was not perfect (it has been done yesterday night, after it closed, so there was a kind of "frost" on it), but the area is soooo beautiful... and I've got a permanent access (meaning that I can use the rink when I want, even when it's closed \o/) for the whole season, it will be a little bit "much too much" to complain !
  5. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

The outdoor rink I skated on as a teenager just reopened after a renovation. I'm hoping to get there soon to take my kids skating so they can see what outdoor ice is like. (Slow, with leaves and bird poop - bad for blades, good for power-building. It's in a beautful park with a wooded hillside above the rink and a gorgeous vista to the other side, with a small lake, fields and a vintage parkhouse. So excited!