A. Mishin... awesome

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by arakwafan2006, Nov 9, 2011.

1. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

2. Ella-skater

Ella-skater New Member

Great Video. He's awesome. Thanks for sharing! :)

3. unicorn

unicorn Member

Did I see a same move from Alexei Yagudin's Overcome? LOL

4. Ulli

Ulli New Member

I love this. It´s adorable. :)

5. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

One of the blonde boys was a little firecracker...everything at top speed! :lol:

Mishin seems so good with the little ones!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  6. 2sk8

2sk8 Active Member

I noticed that one of the comments on the YouTube video says it's not necessary to have someone like Mishin at such a young age. I couldn't disagree more!! Everything with Mishin is a building block - from the most basic edge to a quad; the technique is completely consistent all the way through. It is so much easier for a skater to be taught good basics from the beginning than to have to change and adjust as they develop! I wish more talented skaters had the opportunity for consistent excellent coaching throughout their careers - it might lead to some different competition results at higher levels. IMO, I think Mishin knows this, else you would have found him teaching young ones from countries other than Russian through the years, instead of just a week or two during summer camps.

7. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

That was great. Looks like the kids and him were having a great time. But nice to see him working with the future of the sport.

8. Morry Stillwell

Morry Stillwell Well-Known Member

Professor Mishin starts them right, He is teaching power, extension and notice there is no toe pushing.. :)

9. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

Great footage! Thanks so much for posting!

10. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Little Magda is a pip!

11. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

I find it amazing that he and his old partner Moskvina are STILL ON the ice with pupils. Tamara can still do an axel and skates with her students. tough tough people!!!

My concern is what happens when they are no longer around? Who takes their place?

12. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Young children also need great coaches ! I'm not fond of Mishin, but he is a good technical coach, and those kids are really lucky !

13. bek

bek Guest

And while he's teaching all of this, its also clear he's making it fun. Figure skating shouldn't be super intense, for kids at that age. He really has a gift when it comes to working with kids.

14. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Didn't she just turn 60 or 70?:eek:

Some people are freaks! Great freaks but freaks nonetheless.