55+ Mobile homes community.

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by lanalangfan, Oct 11, 2011.

1. lanalangfan

lanalangfan New Member

I know that there are senior mobile homes community in CA,but can a 63 year old parent live with a son/daughter that is over 30?

2. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I'm a little confused by your question but...if you mean a parent lives in a 55+ community and are asking if the 30+ year old child can live with them, the answer is it depends. Here in Florida some communities make their own rules and allow younger people to reside in the home as long as the senior is the homeowner. In others (particularly if state tax breaks are given to the community) younger relatives or friends can stay for certain amounts of time but can't live there as a primary residence.

The community should have written by-laws available to be read - that could answer your question definitively.

3. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

my FIL lives in one IIRC as long as the person's a direct child/spouse then they can reside there. Not sure if it's like that everywhere. Let me tell you, his place is like a resort complete with palm trees, pools, spas... and 90% of the homes look like this! Not as much lawn space as in this photo though.