43 y.o. Film Director Having Baby with 19 y.o. Actor

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by overedge, Apr 30, 2010.

1. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

2. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

AWKWARD!!!!

3. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Ironically this pales in comparison to the other thread about the grandma having a baby with her grandson. I suppose it's all relative (no pun intended)

4. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

I know of two such situations (19 year old and 40+ with daughter almost as old as the wife), but the genders were reversed. I also know of a family in which the step mother was younger that the father's children from his first marriage!

Personally I can't imagine being in a romantic relationship with such an age gap, but I do think there's a double standard in terms of gender.

5. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

You go girl! Although having 13-year-old stepdaughter...awkward.

6. skateycat

skateycat Minecraft Widow

I'm in my late 30's and my husband just turned 50 a few years ago. He has a daughter who just turned 29. I have had to learn to let go of what other people might think about the age gaps in my family.

7. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

She's right - it would barely be noteworthy if their genders were reversed. Mena Suvari (of American Beauty) married cinematographer Robert Brinkman when she was 20 and he was 38 - it made a brief ripple in the news but not much.

8. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

My brother, who is 35, is married to a woman aged 63. Her daughter is about his age, if not older.

I suspect that if the genders in this story were reversed, it wouldn't even be news.

9. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Probably not, but when he (or she) could have been the partner's child without recourse to teen pregnancy, ick. At least until the younger one is 35 or so.

But, it is their life.

I hope she can afford counseling for her daughter.

10. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

at least she isnt his grandma

11. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

There's definitely a double standard. The View was discussing this yesterday, Sheryl "The world isn't flat?" Sheppard didn't have a problem with the 19 boy marrying the 41 yo woman, but for the reverse situation she said the 19 years old girl is still discovering who she is, blah, blah, blah, so the girl shouldn't be involved with a 41 y.o man. Huh? Like any normal 19 y.o. boy already has his life path set at that age :rolleyes:.

I think the 40 y.o. woman should be mature enough to say to the boy, "you know what? As much as I want this right now, it isn't right for you. You need to explore people your own age."

12. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I have no idea what you are trying to say here :confused:

13. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Sorry -- the ick (for me) is that one partner is plenty old enough to have fathered or given birth to the younger partner -- and the parent was well into their 20's. (That is, REALLY a lot older than the younger spouse.)

14. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

It sounds like Cougar Town has a few guest stars lined up...

I say good for her, getting some hot young toned stud! :grope: Ok, I better stop, it is getting hot in here...

15. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but, what the hell is Kick Ass? :shuffle:

16. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Kick Ass

17. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I'm not sexist; I think it's gross either way. :shuffle:

18. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

Why is it gross?

19. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Because the young guy has to deal with a wrinkled, sagging Va-Jay-jay ?

20. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

At 43? I don't think so.

Cyn and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

It makes me a bit squirmy when the age difference is that great, regardless of the gender. I feel the same way about Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas too.

And yes, when I was 27, I dated someone who was in their mid-fifties. It didn't last.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  22. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

Can't be any wierder than being 19 and having a 69-year-old father like a girl I know. His oldest kid is pushing 50, so she has a brother who is old enough to be her father, and a father old enough to be her grandfather.

23. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I think since the father of the baby is still a teenager, that relationship is just borderline pediophilia. Now if he was 25 and she 45 or something like that then it would be ok but exactly when did that relationship start? Reminds me of Woody Allen... :slinkaway

24. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

This is me, almost exactly. My father is 67, my half-brother is late 40s. I am almost 21. I have the coolest, most amazing, most wonderful father in the entire planet, and it has never for a moment been 'weird'. If someone takes issue with it, or the large age difference my parents had when they were married, I chalk it up to ignorance on their part and move on. And that's it.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  25. WindSpirit

I take it you don't have much experience with "va-jay-jays"? Maybe that's why you managed to be both sexist and ageist at the same time. Yay for you.

Btw, what exactly is that silly euphemism of? If of a vagina, vaginas are hollow tubes inside the body, they're wrinkled by design and for very good reasons.

Pedophilia is an attraction to pre-pubescent children. It's not even close to pedophilia.

Personally I'm pretty sure the relationship won't last and they are quite selfish for bringing a child to this world in their situation, but when I see comments like that, I think more power to them. Men do it all the time and hardly anyone bats an eye. It's one thing to say it's inappropriate, irresponsible, selfish, etc. than come up with sexual organs being wrinkled (at 43? live and learn)...and pedophilia? :rolleyes:

26. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

27. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

Certainly not, mine is almost 51 things work far better now than when I was young! ;) My husband and I have had a few conversations about sex when we are older, I suppose it will change at some point, but men are good till their 70's...no?

28. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

They are both at or nearing their sexual peaks right now too. Men bloom (and burn out) earlier than women.

29. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Gee, have you even once considered that it made as a joke? Obviously not.

30. WindSpirit

Oh yeah, sorry. Then it's very funny. Not.