# 37 Tessa & Scott: Thank You So Much

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Bue

Bue Member

2. puglover

puglover Active Member

Thanks Bue, that is an interesting article. I'm not sure I really understand what he is getting at either but it seems like he is kind of saying this is figure skating, get over it. I think the world has changed though and people demand more explanation in just about anything. Doctors, dentists - whatever, have to try to explain things to us as we are no longer willing to accept that they are better educated, it is too complicated for us to understand, and we just have to take their word for it. We can come home and look things up on the internet, even read ratings and other people's opinion of that professional. Also, social media has brought like minded people together. The mayor of our city won his first election based mainly on a very successful social media campaign. Governments have now been toppled because frustrated and angry people have shared their feelings and ideas. I do not believe figure skating can remain or gain popularity without being able to back up their decisions. They, like everybody else, need positive reviews (I realize you can't please everyone) to retain fans.

3. puglover

puglover Active Member

Just one more thing and then I am finished - we all have to own our own history. What does Dr. Phil say "the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour". Figure skating has a "prior", in fact they are "convicted felons" in the eyes of many. No matter which side of the SLC fiasco you fall on, it was not a success for the sport or it's judging. No one suffers more then those who appear to have won under questionable judging. Just ask Patrick Chan. This lovely Russian girl who won did nothing wrong and skated her heart out for herself and her country and she deserves nothing but our respect and praise. If anyone answers for this it should be those who call the shots. I feel the same for Davis and White.

4. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Why would skate canada complain ? They probably decided long ago to politick for the men, and let the ice dance go :(

5. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

If they did then Patrick would have won.....as both Hanyu and he messed up in the final.

6. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Because Chan messed up more?

Anyway, I'm glad Team Canada has been enjoying the Olympics.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  7. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Tobias and Bourzat look cuddly.

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

10. elle123

elle123 Member

If he followed it by saying "and we're staying for another four years..." ;)

I know, not going to happen but a girl can dream!

All this talk of judging controversy is doing no favours for the sport. I'm not sure if this will all die down after the Olympics but it will be interesting to see what happens moving forward. I think Ashley Wagner said it perfectly with "This sport needs to be held more accountable with its system if they want people to believe in it."

11. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

12. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

13. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  14. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

15. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

17. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

18. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

19. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think they are good for each other. Scott treats Patrick like his little brother. I think Patrick hero worships them and its reciprocated. He is always in awe of what they have done.

20. kirbs

kirbs New Member

Yeah, like pani said, Tessa said this happened before SD, not FD. I know for a fact that most of the people making a lot of the captioned GIFs are literally just attempting to lip read-- there have been a couple already that were wrong or where the OPs have plainly acknowledged that they were guessing.

21. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

I usually roll my eyes when people try to lip read but it kind of does look like he's saying that?

22. Bue

Bue Member

Yeah I'm not very good at lip reading but I've watched it a bunch of times and it really does look plausible. How have I never paid attention to these tumblr sites before? My life is going to be so much richer with these in it! ;) I also managed to find episodes 6 and 7 of Tessa & Scott on Vimeo, which I hadn't yet seen. For the entire last episode all anyone talks about is "next year they'll miss each other so much, next year I'll have so much more time on my hands". Ugh. Way to kill any hope I had left!

23. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

You mean SD? Maybe he said on both?

24. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Is it true that VM and DW will skate on russian music at the gala tomorrow?

25. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I haven't seen either Kevin Reynolds or Megan and Eric in any of these pictures with Tessa and Scott. Would they have gone home?

26. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

27. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

29. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

LOL do people who win medals get better seats or something? I wonder why Patrick/Tessa/Scott aren't sitting with the team.

30. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing.
    Because TS and Patrick were sitting with the women's hockey team!