# 37 Tessa & Scott: Thank You So Much

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Feb 17, 2014.

1. bunhead

bunhead New Member

So cute! Scott and Patrick (and maybe Andrew Poje was there as well) were super excited at the Canada vs. USA gold medal women's hockey final! Canadian women hockey players won gold!

2. Bue

Bue New Member

Just caught the Canadian women's win in the hockey. LOL of course Scott was leading the athletes' celebrations in the stands, accompanied by his main man P. Chiddy. I love how these guys are really getting the most out of the Olympic experience.

I'm following the latest judging controversy with interest, although I don't have much of an opinion since ladies' is the only discipline I don't really follow. I watch it at Worlds and Olys and that's it. I had never even heard of Sotnikova before yesterday :slinkaway

ETA: X-post with Bunhead!

3. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

But Yuna has mch more refinement to both her blade technique and her overall movement. Sotnikova was incredible on her jumps but was overmarked on her step sequence and her PCS was way too high. Caro should have won the GOEs on the step sequence and every single category of PCS, just as V&M should have.

Brw, Tessa was sitting next to Alex above the guys, and Kirsten was on Dylan's shoulders and Paige and Rudy were there and Kaitlyn was to the left of the guys. Cute how they like to attend the events together. At nationals i got the feeling that that particular group is really tight. Nice to see :)

girlscouse62, i'll get started on the paperwork!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  4. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I wish TS will made Yu-Na show, but maybe they will doing CSOI in this time.
    I love Caro and best for me at this event was her medal at OG, well deserve, Bella!
    Mao is a real fighter, hope she will win WCh.
    So VM are with Zoueva again? Maybe thia will be something Russian

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

7. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

8. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Omg Scott and Patrick losing their minds. Who's the older guy between Patrick and Andrew?

Where did you hear that? Why Russian piece? Well I know why but was hoping for something mainstream.

9. kirbs

kirbs New Member

Towards the end of the hockey broadcast they put the camera right on Scott (and the bunch, but Scott front & centre) and they went crazy & started a CA-NA-DA! chant (even moreso than the GIFs above). So great that they're making the most of these Olympics!

10. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Agree!

Although I never thought SC was politicking for Patrick, since the ongoing negative rhetoric about him was never countered. Not promoting any of their skaters properly. Hard to understand, since other feds were clearly doing so (e.g. just look at the icenetwork concept).

Is that Jian Ghomeshi in Tessa's row? LOL. Watch out, girl!

11. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Interesting that Jian Ghomeshi with them. Just listened to interview with him. So unbelievably touching for Scott to tell Tessa that no matter what they did she should remember he loves her. Way to go Scott!

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, he is. Did Scott turn to Tessa on second gif?
    If they will skate exibition to that show in Russia this will be slow romantic piece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0mcrf0lWME
    Because PG used this music.
    But where did you find news about exibitions?

13. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Yea he did! Lol that was cute…the whole team was.

Lol let's not joke about the Jian thing. I'm sure he's a good person but he needs to look for someone his own age lol.

15. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Hahahahaha I just spit my water everywhere!

16. Bue

Bue New Member

I know... he's 46! Not that he seems to know it, he's still clinging to his brief stint as a very minor Canadian rock musician 20 years ago. (Sorry, my dislike for Jian Gomeshi knows know bounds. It's a family thing. My father is :lynch::revenge: that he has anything to do with presenting Olympic coverage.) Luckily I don't think he's what Tessa is looking for!

17. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I think Denny Morrison may be interested also.

18. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

He's got a long time girlfriend.

I didn't know Jian was 46, he could pass for at least 15 years younger. Also as with about 80% of the things on the show, I'm pretty sure the Jian/Tessa flirtation was completely fabricated by the show's editing.

19. Zazy

Zazy Member

What's up with that? They went out of their way to justify the results in both SD and FD, and I thought they simply didn't want to rock the boat. But no, results can be questioned.

I have never seen a team so unsupported by their skating media than V/M, it's amazing. I know D/W are exciting to watch and have a style that appeals to North American viewers but when you get way more support from the Russian broadcast team than your own, that's just weird. Then again, Carol's team has a lot of the same weaknesses as D/W and Kurt knows nothing about ice dance. D/W's gold was also expected while Sotnikova's goes against the established PCS scores she was supposed to get. It's like people have gotten so used to D/W pulling in huge scores that they can't even be questioned anymore, not even when V/M skate by far the best they have ever skated (we all know scores are comparative, even if they're not meant to be).

20. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

On the cover of Hello! Canada this week:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg8mGqOCYAAB32Y.jpg

Still making the covers even though they got silver, LOL. (Not that there's many gold medal winners to pick from in Sochi this year for Canada, oop.)

21. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Great! Happy to see TS have media support in Canada - my mom always talked - they are such a good looking couple :)
    I think Tessa is a Star of Olimpic team Canada.

23. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall New Member

Lol! Imagine my surprise when in googling tessa and scott denny's name was suggested along side Tessa's. Reminds me of emma watson's good natured complaint during the height of the harry potter movie fame regarding uk tabloids turning every freaking guy pictured with or near her into her rumored BF. Lol!

24. kirbs

kirbs New Member

25. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

When I saw Morrison with them, I thought perhaps he might be the speed skater she was rumored to be going with for a while.....guess not. And I guess it's none of my business anyway lol.

Nice that they have a write up in "Hello". I'll have to check out the newstands and get one.

26. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

27. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

LOL, tears probably because I've got a feeling Canada's gonna lose.

28. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Everyone I have talked to today has a feeling Canada will lose tomorrow...and we're all fans. The US is just playing so well and Canada has barely made it out of each game a winner, so it seems.

Glad to see them all so happy and enjoying these moments with their other teammates.

29. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I actually think we should be thankful to Skate Canada for securing the silver medal for Tessa and Scott at these Olympics. Just a few more level 3s and one or two level 2s would have placed V/M behind Ilynich/Katsalapov and would any of us been able to prove that the calling was incorrect? I very much doubt it because it seems even the skaters and coaches can't. Just remember what Andrew Poje said after 2013 Cup of Russia where W/P lost to Bobrova/Soloviev mostly because of the levels they got in the short dance: "You never know what the technical panel is looking for on a particular day." :lol:

30. algonquin

algonquin Well-Known Member

I remember hearing the same thing in 2010. ;-)