# 37 Tessa & Scott: Thank You So Much

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Hope all our fine with the title.

It's how he ended Mahler after all.

Have a wonderful skate Tessa and Scott you are always in our hearts!
    Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

Great title.
  3. Excidra

Excidra New Member

It's no longer about some OGM and I am sure they feel that way. I hope they delivers an exceptional free dance.

Skate as one, Tessa and Scott.
  4. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

That's a great title indeed.

There is something I've been dying to get off my chest, so here it is.

I can't believe that stupid blog still gets hits. They insult V-M whenever they want and people continue reading it. I don't care about their technical analysis or whatever. They have published cruel things, even called Tessa horrible names because of the books she likes. That's a person who doesn't deserve a single web page hit. I just wish people stopped using it as a reputable source. It is not.

Yeah, I bet the blogger reads this. Don't care. You've done a huge disservice to this team all these years. Feed off your crowd of lunatics and even stalked this team, their families, and significant others. How is that sane? So, whatever this "blogger" has to say about the skating, I honestly don't care. It's nothing we haven't been saying, anyway. I hope the blogger moves on to a new obsession once VM retire. I don't know. Maybe of the fictional kind since they seem to believe life works like a soap opera or something. Maybe watch one of those CW shows were there are like 10 love triangles, that should keep them busy for more than four years.
  5. canbelto

canbelto Well-Known Member

Are we talking about the infamous sekret baby blog?:D
  6. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

i assume that is what Golightly is referring to.
    is it the same person/people hosting the ice dance analysts blog?
  7. coppertop1

coppertop1 Active Member

Tessa and Scott have given something special, they bring that traditional roots of dance with something modern. They are among the most decorated dance teams out there. Consider it: Three world silvers, two world titles, one OGM, and likely now two Olympic silver medals. Quite the list. What I love is how they make it all look so elegant. They can go out with no regrets. IMO, they are the best ever.
  8. Golightly

I'm talking about the stupid idiot who keeps saying there are babies and other conspiracy theories.

The IDA blog is, to my knowledge, a general ice dance blog, focused on the sport as a technical discipline. It's not the same.
  9. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

I think it gets hits because it does offer an anaylsis of the skating and they do discuss about skating as well. That is where I got my information of the practice. I think thats why it has been getting hits as of late people have been posting info about their practices in Sochi.

I think this is the best title. Such a good way to celebrate the ending of V/M's career. https://24.media.tumblr.com/8af9324f869825ceebe50757b04623cb/tumblr_n13xvcNTAu1qb4mxmo4_250.gif Scott happy dace is the best! :cheer2:
  10. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

LOL, IKR? I don't even get why they like V/M and get mad about scores and things like that when they call Tessa a psychopath and Scott a moron in the next breath.
  12. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Praise be to God! This is what I've been waiting for. They've been killing themselves bending backwards to please judges, tech panel, Marina that they forgot about skating for themselves. I hope they don't think about all the bullshit that's been thrown their way these few years and enjoy their FD tomorrow.
    https://twitter.com/tom_wilso/status/435232840876560384
  13. Jeanne7

Jeanne7 New Member

Finally watched the short dance & am almost speechless at how flawless, divine Scott & Tessa's dance. What a travesty to be placed second. Not surprised that TV, online, twitter all abuzz about the "fix" as ex skaters & coaches weigh in & agree that T/S should be leading.
  14. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

split personality, perhaps? (that's a joke, in case people get all up in arms).
  15. Golightly

I don't care. Again, their analysis is no different from what we've covered here for years and years. I've only been there once and that's because people linked to the twizzles comparison there. When I saw what people wrote in the comments, I left. I get the sense they don't even like this team. Then someone told me they started to publish nasty things about Tessa because of her choice of books. How pathetic is that? So, again, whatever that idiot has to say about the skating, I don't give a damn. I can see for myself what's going on with the skating and we have discussed it at length here. Don't see why people need to validate that crazy blog by reading it.
  16. kirbs

kirbs New Member

Good article. Sums up a lot of things quite nicely.

Cute to see the tweet from Tom Wilson. And as for the blog... I just wasted twenty minutes on a good laugh from the archives. "If they outright deny their child, there it is, forever." Goodness gracious.
  17. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

LOL, it's really funny because they provide zero evidence for anything they're saying except for the fact that Tessa gained a little weight in 2011 and posed for a picture holding her jacket over her stomach? And that they did a phone interview once with a baby crying in the background?
  18. Mokesh

Mokesh New Member

Just rewatched twice- 4th and 5th viewing. This performance is going to be like their Vancouver performances to me- programs I watch over and over for years.

My favourite moments right now:
    Scott's wink just before the music starts
    Scott's clap and gesture towards Tessa right after the twizzles
    Tessa's facial expression in the turns right before the end pose
    Their reaction after the music stops
    Scott's little shrug in the K&C after the scores came up- acknowledgement that the scores don't matter anymore if they're not going to reflect the performance

I can't even be angry anymore. The judging is just pathetic, and when something is pathetic I tend to feel sorry rather than angry. I'm just so happy with how Tessa and Scott skated, and with how happy they were afterwards, and with their "the scores don't matter" attitude.

I held out hope for fair judging until the GPF SD (the first time D&W beat V&M in a competition segment where V&M were 100% clean and I couldn't make excuses for the judges). So I've had ~2 months to accept that V&M will get silver here. All I wanted coming in was performances we could cherish, and that's what they gave us last night.

Here's hoping for another one tonight.

"Thank you, so much" is exactly right.
  19. kirbs

kirbs New Member

And one time she wore a knotted button-down to the Calgary Stampede with a white shirt underneath instead of going bare belly!
  20. canbelto

canbelto Well-Known Member

Psst guys don't you know? The girl has a name, Quinn, or is it Charlotte? :lol:

Seriously though I think the blogger has some major major boundary issues. Her determination that Tessa and Scott must be hiding a baby in the dungeon takes shipping to an uncomfortable level, and all those cutouts she made remind me of a serial killer collage. It's creepy.
  21. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

22. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

Eh, whatever. Can't even get mad about stuff like this anymore, LOL. People will do what they do. I'm just glad they let their skating speak for itself.

I loved Scott singing along at the end of the SD like it was Jack or Diane or something. The last time I can think of him doing so in an official competition (the Olympics, no less), is 2004-ish when they did Call Me Irresponsible at Nationals (not that they've skated to a lot of music you can sing along to).
  23. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

24. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

That was the one thing that drove me nuts reading Twitter Tweets tonight by certain people in the know skating wise. You want to believe D&W are all that, fine and their right to do so. However, when the guy who invented the Finnstep says Charlie was off time in it, don't you think he knows what he's talking about!?! Then it's ripping the others who had the nerve to not only say that, but that D&W were tight & rather one dimensional as well...I mean how dare they say the truth after all. Instead they're all snide and snarky about it's just so amusing when Celebs think they know all about skating every four years.

I don't consider Petri Kokko, Paul MacIntosh or any of the other Former Skaters and Coaches who have spoken out tonight "Know Nothing Celebs" and the ones who have been tweeting such things are not helping D&W either. Especially when it was so freakingly obvious Meryl and Charlie were tight, tight, tight & Petri was right too. Charlie was off in the timing of the Finnstep. I was watching far closer during the rebroadcast earlier than I usually do after seeing that Tweet. I didn't watch the coverage on TSN, but did burn it on DVD. The mind was willing, but the body said no way and go back to bed!! Anyway...

It just boggles the mind though these people who should know better are acting this way. It kills their creditability and it sure doesn't help D&W either. Just....Sad and strange.

I am overjoyed Tessa and Scott had such an incredible SD yesterday. They blew everyone away and we all know it too. I am still heartsick over this entire mess though. Once again Figure Skating gets dragged through the mud and thanks to those who should be the ones keeping it from happening. I've said it before...I've never known a Sports Organization who treats their fans like they are the stupidest people in the World like the ISU does.

I really hope Tessa and Scott have a Free Dance they can be happy w/and then leave on a high note. For them and for us too.

It's looking more and more though like the Free Dance and any of the indoor events in the Coastal Cluster venues might be the only ones happening today. The fog and visibility conditions up at The Snowboard Cross track is zip!! They've already pushed the start time back and just announced the seeding races have been cancelled. They'll be using the results from Worlds last year to determine the groupings for the first elimination race that leads into the Quarterfinals. Things have to change fast for that to happen though.

Good Luck to Tessa and Scott and here's to a spine tingling gorgeous Free Dance performance!!q
  25. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

26. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

I love Tessa with her hair up, but think her hair down adds up to the style in this performance.

I dont love the dress for this program. I think screams "romantic" and I thought that they wanted to avoid that because this program is their story and they are not romantically involved. Red dress is majestical and important. Both words describe their partnership in my opinion.
  27. Bue

Bue New Member

Tessa's new dress is stunning when you see the detail! It is going to look :swoon: in HD. She is really rocking a deco vibe with both dresses. Love the tweak to the ending too.

One of the headlines on the Globe and Mail this morning was Five big stories to watch on day 10: medal hopefuls, a big hockey game and farewell to Tessa and Scott. I nearly cried.
  28. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

I'm not too crazy about Tessa's dress right now, but I also didn't like her SD dress when I saw it in grainy youtube footage yesterday either and it turned out to be stunning in HD. So clearly, I'm not the best judge, LOL.

I know it'd probably be too remniscient of Mahler to put Scott in a white shirt, but the whole one color blocking thing really doesn't work that well.
  29. Bue

Bue New Member

I think it would be improved if Tessa's dress were a bolder shade of pink. Also Scott's burgundy shirt worked beautifully earlier in the season. But I will take these outfits (with hair DOWN, please) because it's a hell of an improvement on some of the get-ups they've been trying out this season.

It's the sequinned panel on the dress that looks like it is going to be quite something.
  30. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Man, I hope they go to worlds. I am not expecting it, but the thought that this is the last time I will see the compete is just too depressing.
  31. pani

pani Well-Known Member

On Russian TV commentators said - they will not go to WCH, after OG they will made show in Moscow.

So, today is day of last VM dance/ This will happened in few hours, so i am crying.
    Thank you for all you done for ice dance, for every your amazing program wich was a gifts for long time ice dancing fan, for that moment of joy you gave me, when i saw you "live" in Torino, Moscow, Nice, CoR and GFF last season. For all your hard work, especially in this last 4 years, for show us so many different dances, new elements, steps. For how you respect your fans and your competitiors. Hope you will stay in sport and will be coaching, or made choreo, or doing shows. I hope to see your skaters will win OG someday!
    Lets dance today for each other, for all this long years with ups and downs, for your amazing moms and families. Just have your moment.
    Good luck to you, my brave hearts! Love you and will alwayse re-watching your amazing programs.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    puglover, Cherub721, clarie and 3 others like this.
  32. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

:cheer: pani

I love their look in the practice video. Suits them both perfectly, gorgeous.
  33. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

Sandra Prusina ‏@sprusina 22m
    Tessa and Scott's dance includes nine elements with five lifts. They'll skate to Petit Adagio, Waltz. Free program starts at 8 am MT.

Five lifts? Am I miscounting or did the add one?
  34. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

Straigthline, curve, two rotationals and choreographic lift.
  35. ceg15

ceg15 New Member

36. ceg15

ceg15 New Member

37. princeton123

princeton123 New Member

Eeeeeee, only positive vibes today :)
  38. Skating678

Skating678 New Member

Everybody keeps focusing on the L3 on the finnstep as supposedly the reason T&S did not win last night. But even if they had gotten a L4, they would still be 1.56 points behind D&W. How do you explain the PCS and GOE difference? What could T&S have done differently to improve their scores in those areas? Nobody has an answer to this.

I wish that the ISU was able to answer these types of questions. And if T&S lost a level in the finnstep, what was the reason for that? Was it a specific edge that they missed or a step? If so, what step was incorrect? I don't understand why they can't provide some kind of explanation when calls like this are made. And yes the logistics of making this info public would be a challenge - would they do it for every single skater? would they have to keep notes? etc. But I think part of the problem is that the Canadian media is screaming wuzrobbed right now because there seems to be no legitimate explanation for those 2.56 points. "They lost a level." Okay. Where? Why? What about the other 1.56 points?
    I mean, even if a commentator or ice dance insider could explain it, but they never seem to be able to. Instead we get these "I'm not a judge" comments and the public is left wondering how ice dance can be a sport if nobody is able to make sense of the results.

On CBC last night after they re-aired the short dance Ron MacLean brought up the judging issue. In some ways it was kind of ridiculous b/c Ron MacLean obviously knows nothing about ice dance. But then he was showing T&S reaction in the k&c and comparing it to S/P's reaction to their marks in 2002, he brought up the tweet from the finnstep creators, and mentioned the L'Equipe article. This whole thing is blowing up.

WOW they look absolutely stunning!! I am going to be a mess watching this FD today. Tessa's dress is gorgeous and I love her hair half up/half down. I don't think there is another team capable of skating a program like this. I hope they can stay in their bubble and just skate for themselves.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  39. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

perhaps i'm in the minority, but i love the new dress.

i also wish them a wonderful skate like yesterday and create another moment for themselves.
    the new ending with them facing each other on the second last accent of the music reflects that beautifully.
  40. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

those of us who have been watching ice dance for decades know why they lost, it was not in just the difference in the levels. the fact that they lost on GOE in the non touch SS is beyond comprehension for me.

regarding a more detailed explanation from the isu, why would they do that? everyone then would be able to scrutinize and make calls for themselves, and undermine the credibility of the officials.

at this point, i don't really want any justification from the isu. i just want to enjoy V/M's last performance.